I need some help please

mafiadon

I have a friend that booked early saver and they live in Canada. Her final payment date was December 28th and because the Canadian dollar is so bad right now they decided to cancel in November. When she called to cancel the PVP on the phone told her that there was nothing they could do and that she would lose all her deposit. I told her that was not true that she would lose $100 and $500 would go to a credit for a future booking. Told her to call back and get someone else on the phone but still they took her entire $600 deposit and no credit for a future cruise. I was wondering if someone had a number that she could call to talk to someone that could help her. She doesn't mind losing the $100 but $600 is a lot and she did cancel well before the final payment date.

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks Linda

I have a friend that booked early saver and they live in Canada. Her final payment date was December 28th and because the Canadian dollar is so bad right now they decided to cancel in November. When she called to cancel the PVP on the phone told her that there was nothing they could do and that she would lose all her deposit. I told her that was not true that she would lose $100 and $500 would go to a credit for a future booking. Told her to call back and get someone else on the phone but still they took her entire $600 deposit and no credit for a future cruise. I was wondering if someone had a number that she could call to talk to someone that could help her. She doesn't mind losing the $100 but $600 is a lot and she did cancel well before the final payment date.

Any help would really be appreciated, thanks Linda

She cancelled the cruise a month, maybe less depending on exactly when in November, she's going to lose almost all of her money. Not $100. That's for sure. Once a booking reaches the final payment due date, normal penalties are applied on a sliding scale. Hopefully this link works. See item 6.

http://www.carnival.com/about-carnival/legal-notice/ticket-contract.aspx

Edited by cruizinisthebest

She cancelled the cruise a month, maybe less depending on exactly when in November, she's going to lose almost all of her money. Not $100. That's for sure. Once a booking reaches the final payment due date, normal penalties are applied on a sliding scale. Hopefully this link works. See item 6.

Her final payment date was on December 28th, not her sail date so she was before final payment if she canceled in November. As long as there aren't special rules for booking in Canada, she should indeed have a $500 credit to used within 24 months (I believe). I'd ask to speak to a manager for sure, $500 is way too much to let slide!

It sounded to me from the description that she canceled a month before final payment was due, not a month before the cruise. :confused:

It sounded to me from the description that she canceled a month before final payment was due, not a month before the cruise. :confused:

True. My mistake. But now I'm confused as to why she would have lost so much. Unless it was an ES booking and the rep means that the balance isn't lost but will go towards a future cruise credit. I hope she calls back and directs the rep to the link I sent. It's all right there. Someone is mistaken. Besides me. lol

Thanks for the replies, all I know is she told me it was ES and when she called Carnival the PVP told her she would lose all her deposit. Her final payment was December 28th and she called in early November to cancel. I told her to call back and speak with someone else and ask to talk to a supervisor and to not give up until she got some answers. The $600 was in American so it was a lot more in Canadian. I don't know if there is a place to look on Carnival's website to check and see if you have a future cruise credit or not.

Thanks for the replies, all I know is she told me it was ES and when she called Carnival the PVP told her she would lose all her deposit. Her final payment was December 28th and she called in early November to cancel. I told her to call back and speak with someone else and ask to talk to a supervisor and to not give up until she got some answers. The $600 was in American so it was a lot more in Canadian. I don't know if there is a place to look on Carnival's website to check and see if you have a future cruise credit or not.

I believe you are correct. She will lose $100.00 to cancel or make a change to a booking, but the rest of the deposit should go into a credit for a future cruise. I changed our NYE cruise to spring break due to our crappy CDN dollar. I paid the $100.00 ($50.00 pp) to cancel and change to a different cruise; the rest went towards the new booking. Original booking was ES.

As others have advised, she should call back and demand to speak to someone who can assist her in getting her deposit back.