FTTF Galveston

CJHAN

It was worth every penny. We were just on the Magic (Jan 3 - 10). The line for check in was huge for 1030-11am. We just walked in. Getting off the ship was a benefit also. The ability to use the special line at Guest services was invaluable as there was always a long line.

Getting into our room immediately was awesome too

if the only thing you are buying FTTF for is early checkin then no, you dont need it provided you can get the checkin time you want.

FTTF still served us well on our Thanksgiving cruise with use of Guest services line.

We'll be cruising out of Galveston in two weeks for the first time with the staggered check-ins and we have FTTF. I'm curious to see how the staggered check in times affect our view of FTTF. Especially since we are going on a non-tender itinerary.

Have to agree with the previous posts. There's so much more to FTTF than early boarding. Even with the ability to choose an early check in time, we find it's still worth getting FTTF for the Guest Services line and early debark.

We were on the 12/19 Freedom cruise out of Galveston and had FTTF with an 11:30 checkin time. Just be sure and ask the port people where to go when entering the building, we almost went to the wrong area and would have been in a long line we didn't belong in.

We parked at Lighthouse Parking and boarded the shuttle bus at 12:03 and were on the ship champagne in hand at 12:31. I'd say it was worth it. The only delay we had at all was for them to check one of our carry on bags that had sodas in it because they checked each individual can to make sure it wasn't a dummy can containing "smaller bottles" as they said.

Usually when FTTF is offered because one port or more is a tender. Are you sure that you don't have a tender port? And I've done both ways, and really depends on if everyone ahead of you has all their documentation papers in order. Lol please post update with your experience. We are cruising in Oct out of Galveston

The time you pick is your "check in" time not boarding time. Time you get to board is dependent upon several factors. First Customs has to give the okay to start, then ships master has to give their ok, then they will start boarding wedding parties, diamond, platinum and suites then guests with FTTF and wheelchairs, then they'll start with general boarding by zone. So yes you can pick a 10 am ck in, but you may not get to board till 11-12 depending.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

We just sailed Magic from Galveston and I would say my observations were FTTF was worth it. As stated, you have a check in time and a boarding time.

We had 10:30 - 11:00 check in and walked right up. However, we then went to "holding" and were assigned zone five. They called all the VIP, suite and FTTF pax first.

We sat as they called the zones before us. Still not a long wait, but FTTF was probably 30 min ahead. We were on spa deck 12 so our room was available, but I did see several decks with the fire doors still closed and they announced over and over rooms would not be available until 1:30. All being said we were still on the ship by 11:45.

It seemed to me the biggest benefit would be on debark if you want to get off early. We did self assist debark and luckily deck 12 was first call at 7:45 AM. So we were in the car and on the road by 8:20 AM.

Usually when FTTF is offered because one port or more is a tender. Are you sure that you don't have a tender port? And I've done both ways, and really depends on if everyone ahead of you has all their documentation papers in order. Lol please post update with your experience. We are cruising in Oct out of Galveston

No. FTTF is offered on every sailing, whether there is a tendered port or not. There are many more benefits to FTTF than just priority tendering.

It's a money grab on Carnivals part. But some people like it. The only benefit I see is getting to drop your carry-ons once you board instead of dragging them around for an hour. If you get to the port around 1 ish, you miss the cattle call anyway and the rooms are ready.

With the pre-scheduled arrival times to the ship is it really necessary to buy FTTF? Could I not just pick an early boarding time? :confused:

I have boarded priority with friends who arrived at the same time as us and they got Zone 2 once and Zone 5 another time. We got on about 10 minutes before them. So if 10 minutes is worth $50.00 then go for it. Personally, I would still get it if there was a tender port.

What day are you sailing out of Galveston? We're the 29th and we picked up FTTF with our booking. So worth it for us dealing with kids and tender ports, getting on the ship quickly and guest services!

The things about the tender ports are interesting but if i book an excursion at the ports that tender would i not still get the same priority as FTTF?

When we cruised to Half Moon Cay a few months ago we had priority Tender (Platinum) and got on the first tender boat. Before we got on the boat, there were excursion people already seated. Of course, it will depend uponthe time of your excursion.

I got FTTF even with a suite recently. For me it was with every penny for two reasons-1. Tender in Grand Cayman & 2. First off the ship when we returned to Galveston.

Actually, FTTF is second off the ship. Diamond and platinum guests are first. We cruised several times last year and FTTF, diamond and platinums wait in the dining room right off the atrium for priority self-debarkation.

Most of the time they called us in order with FTTF being second. Lord forbid on the NYE cruise on the Triumph a fellow platinum guest was livid that they called us all as one group. The horror that a blue card cruiser might step off the ship 25 seconds before she did.

We recognized her from the past guest party where she complained that this was her 15th cruise and the gift was the same thing, the party was the last sea day and right before dinner. After hearing about 5 or 700 times about her 15th cruise I showed her my 25th milestone card you get once in your cruise history. Crickets...

See you at sea!

Edited by BallFour4

do they ever open up additional FTTF? we just booked last night and they are sold out...

TIA

Yes keep checking, they open up more spots as the bookings fill up and they get an idea how many diamond/plat guests will be on board. On this cruise I found it right at 60 days out, our previous cruise I got it at 16 days out. If your on a FB roll call someone will typically post when they find it. You have to move fast. I found ours at 12a and when I checked again at 4a (I work nights) it was gone. However they put more out over the next few weeks and everyone in our FB roll call that wanted one got one. Just keep checking!