The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Hi Riocca,

I think the weather may not be the greatest today. However, if the forecast holds true (and you never know in FL), the weather appears to improve in the late afternoon and early evening. One good thing is the winds will settle down quite a bit, about the time we are scheduled to sail.

At any rate, it's all good. It's time to cruise !

Hi Andy,

Looking a lot worse over Miami that the view we have out to see, wind has already backed off a bit. We seem to be the only ship in today.

As you rightly say it's time to cruise! Looking forward to meeting you onboard.

Update: departure is delayed until 6-7pm. Contractors are still working and the ship has to be cleaned when they finish because there's lots of dust and dirt. Some cabins are not ready. No word yet on if/when they will be ready!

Liz

Nice example on how (not) to run a zillion-dollar business. Here we are, at the boarding wait area, so far without a single announcement from Azamara.

Someone waiting at the dock made the posting below at 1:20, more than three hours before you posted the above:

Waiting at dock to board at 2:00 and they just announced boarding is delayed until 5:00.
Edited by marinaro44

There's no PA system in the waiting area, so Azamara reps were walking around looking for passengers, to tell them good or bad news about their cabins. That probably contributed to the atmosphere. I have not looked at any other threads yet so this may be duplicate information. My sister and her dh were in their suite shortly before 6pm Eastern time. Boarding was chaotic (her words, not mine!).

Liz

The Azamara Facebook page has just posted a new album with several photos of the reimagined interior spaces on Journey.

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10153495845767144.1073741871.191979232143&type=1&l=9020391e5a

Interestingly, in response to a question on Twitter, Larry Pimentel stated "We will have new toiletries arriving in March. It is part of the new look and feel." No mention of branding.

The Azamara Facebook page has just posted a new album with several photos of the reimagined interior spaces on Journey.

Interestingly, in response to a question on Twitter, Larry Pimentel stated "We will have new toiletries arriving in March. It is part of the new look and feel." No mention of branding.

Those pictures are great!

Small petty question, but hey, it's important to me. And maybe you:D After the remodel, are there clotheslines in the bathrooms?

I haven't seen any photos yet of a veranda cabin or bathroom, just the suites, and the renderings beforehand were light on details, so.....

Small petty question, but hey, it's important to me. And maybe you:D After the remodel, are there clotheslines in the bathrooms?

I haven't seen any photos yet of a veranda cabin or bathroom, just the suites, and the renderings beforehand were light on details, so.....

Are you concerned that they may have moved the bathroom clothesline from the shower to the balcony in veranda cabins? :D

I would never think a cruisline would move a clothesline to a balcony. I thought my question was pretty clear. After the dry dock "reimagining", do the bathrooms in the veranda cabins still have retractable clotheslines?

Neither would I. It wasn't meant as a snarky comment. Wow, doesn't anybody have a sense of humor anymore? Notice the BIG smile?

Edited by ChucktownSteve

I would never think a cruisline would move a clothesline to a balcony. I thought my question was pretty clear. After the dry dock "reimagining", do the bathrooms in the veranda cabins still have retractable clotheslines?

It was obvious that was a joke, since we're not supposed to hang things on our balconies. 😜 😸

Was reading on my phone - no emoticons. And I don't see sig files listing the graphics of everyone's cruises either....

People on CC take things VERY seriously and get worked up about everything, so yeah, I pretty much always assume people are being serious.