The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Andy, Bon Voyage! Have a wonderful time. I wish for you blue skies, calm winds, good food, lots of rest, and wonderful cruising companions. :D

Garry

Thank You very much Garry. I'm hearing the weather will be pretty crummy in Miami tomorrow, so I hope we can get that out of the way quickly. On the bright side, the Florida weather isn't as nearly as bad as what our dear friends in the Northeast just experienced.

Thank You very much Garry. I'm hearing the weather will be pretty crummy in Miami tomorrow, so I hope we can get that out of the way quickly. On the bright side, the Florida weather isn't as nearly as bad as what our dear friends in the Northeast just experienced.

You're right, Andy. We live in the North Carolina mountains and had over 15" and are just beginning to dig out. Your cruise looks mighty good to me right now. :D

Garry

From Larry Pimentel's Twitter Feed :

The touch Inspiration electronic travel board is hard not to play with @AzamaraJourney See voyages, tours and more.

CZp3MHgW0AU9V--.jpg

Edited by Host Andy

From Captain Johannes Tysse (1/26/16) :

Water rushing into the Dock and in a few hours we're on our way towards Miami.

12573064_10153783012755726_7541298682730488953_n.jpg?oh=2a3e6fc0f9ad814746a4834c6f59d56a&oe=572D3A27

Edited by Host Andy

Andy

Have a great cruise and do have a rest. Thank you so much for this thread, really good photos from Day 1. For me the best was the early photo of the rolls and rolls of carpet woven by Brintons only 10 miles from my home, in a way this picture made this amazing upgrade very personal. And I look forward to seeing Quest in May after it's upgrade.

Once again my thanks and please Chill out on your cruise.

Peter

Larry Pimentel is obviously now aboard the Journey, since he has posted several photos on his Twitter account of almost-complete work.

I assume Andy is commencing his well-deserved holiday, so I will post one of the images here that caught my attention. Looks like they listened to feedback from this board, amongst other places, and modified the original mockups to include a mirror above the sitting table/desk in CC suites.

CZlfy3tWwAIarzd.jpg:large

This would be my desired hair drying location 😀 hope there is an outlet conveniently located!

I tried to make the picture bigger to see if the lamp has an outlet on it, but I couldn't tell.

Definitely outlets there. You can see them in this picture (from the original mockup done several months ago, notice no mirror) on the front right side of the desk.

Reimagined-sitting-area-on-Azamara-Quest.jpg

Hi Andy,

Thank you very much for this thread and for keeping us updated with the wonderful redo of the Journey. I'm boarding in 10 days, so I'm pretty excited to experience the refreshed vessel.

Could we have some photos of the inside, oceanview and balcony cabins as well, including the bathrooms?

There seems to be posted photos only for the suites.

Thank you.

Hi Andy,

Any chance of you posting pictures of the other cabins? I believe most people will be sailing in regular cabins and not in suites. It would be nice to see how these have turned out, especially the bathrooms which have always been a complaint for a lot of Azamara cruisers.

Thank you.

Hi Andy,

Any chance of you posting pictures of the other cabins? I believe most people will be sailing in regular cabins and not in suites. It would be nice to see how these have turned out, especially the bathrooms which have always been a complaint for a lot of Azamara cruisers.

Thank you.

Hi Mcomd508,

I will certainly try my best.... however, I'm hearing the ship is totally booked, so I'm uncertain if access will be available. If there's a way, you will have photos. It's on my To-do list :)

Hi Everyone,

In what may be the final Drydock photo of this thread, this is a wonderful way to wrap things up. I hope you've enjoyed watching the Journey transformation as much as I have.

This thread will remain open, but I hope you will visit my Live From Journey thread, as I'm sailing on Journey tomorrow afternoon. Here's a link to the thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2306491

And now... a wonderful photo of Captain Johannes Tysse, Cruise Director Eric DeGray, and Hotel Director Heike Berdos, having some fun :)

12644792_10153783798795726_5083756127242566778_n.jpg?oh=826c2b0c87f91db3deac69295cf3f095&oe=573003F2

Thank you host Andy,Captain Johannes and Heike .

Following the transformation of the Journey was an unique and enjoyable experience .

Congratulations to all the hard workers who made it possible ,

In record time.

We will have to wait until December to discover the improvements but it looks beautiful .

Host Andy,please let us know if the internet speed has improved!

Micheline and Luc

Definitely outlets there. You can see them in this picture (from the original mockup done several months ago, notice no mirror) on the front right side of the desk.

Reimagined-sitting-area-on-Azamara-Quest.jpg

Isn't that a suite? I thought the other picture was a veranda stateroom.

I don't' think the verandas have the chair.

Edited by midwestchick

Larry Pimentel is obviously now aboard the Journey, since he has posted several photos on his Twitter account of almost-complete work.

I assume Andy is commencing his well-deserved holiday, so I will post one of the images here that caught my attention. Looks like they listened to feedback from this board, amongst other places, and modified the original mockups to include a mirror above the sitting table/desk in CC suites.

CZlfy3tWwAIarzd.jpg:large

I didn't see this photo on Twitter. I thought Ibwas following Larry Pimental. :confused:

Definitely docked we can see her! arrived about 4am local. Not a great day here at the moment wind has picked up and thunderstorms due midday, but sun is just rising.

Hi Riocca,

I think the weather may not be the greatest today. However, if the forecast holds true (and you never know in FL), the weather appears to improve in the late afternoon and early evening. One good thing is the winds will settle down quite a bit, about the time we are scheduled to sail.

At any rate, it's all good. It's time to cruise !