The Official Unofficial Journey Drydock Thread !

Andy

Unsure where I criticized Host Andy and his hard work? Which we're all obviously very grateful for? I certainly didn't mean to. I was merely echoing the concern many felt when the first drawings of the CC suite bathrooms came out. We were all hoping that there would be some counter space and some place to store our toiletries, and the talk then was that it was just artist renderings, etc., but it seems it's just the same. Just an observation, that's all.

Obviously the ship is stunning, and I'm anxious to see Quest, as we'll be on her a couple of weeks after her dry dock in a Club Continent Suite. I promise to only be effusive in my praise from now on. :D

No - you didn't criticize Host Andy, I actually agree with your comments.

Unsure where I criticized Host Andy and his hard work? Which we're all obviously very grateful for? I certainly didn't mean to. I was merely echoing the concern many felt when the first drawings of the CC suite bathrooms came out. We were all hoping that there would be some counter space and some place to store our toiletries, and the talk then was that it was just artist renderings, etc., but it seems it's just the same. Just an observation, that's all.

Obviously the ship is stunning, and I'm anxious to see Quest, as we'll be on her a couple of weeks after her dry dock in a Club Continent Suite. I promise to only be effusive in my praise from now on. :D

I don't think I ever saw renderings of the Club Continent suite which showed a lot of counter space or cupboards. It's always looked open plan. I think it will be a case of seeing how it is. Personally providing things like toothbrushes can be kept away from surfaces that are cleaned like the sink area I prefer open plan to cabinets which can be fiddly to use and attract dirt in them.

Phil

I don't think I ever saw renderings of the Club Continent suite which showed a lot of counter space or cupboards. It's always looked open plan. I think it will be a case of seeing how it is. Personally providing things like toothbrushes can be kept away from surfaces that are cleaned like the sink area I prefer open plan to cabinets which can be fiddly to use and attract dirt in them.

Phil

Having seen the model CC suite on Quest in July, I'm fine with it, Phil.

Unsure where I criticized Host Andy and his hard work? Which we're all obviously very grateful for? I certainly didn't mean to.

Just to clarify, and so this does not take on a life of it's own... I never thought you criticized my efforts. Thanks !

Edited by Host Andy

What a difference a day makes, looking good.

When does Journey leave for Miami?

Hi Upwarduk,

It should take about 4-5 hours to travel from the shipyard to Port of Miami, so I suspect they will leave sometime late tomorrow night.

Thank you for all the pictures!

Although some of the upgrades are very nice (not to my particular taste but they most certainly are not required to do that!), I have to say taste aside, some of the carpet choices are very questionable. Don't a lot of them look muddy and dirty? The colors and patterns.

Certainly the carpet colours and design are unusual and maybe not practical. However it was pleasing to see Brintons were involved with the refit. We'll see for ourselves on 23rd June how they are wearing. Ann & Paul.

Every taste is different. I´ve never seen such tasteful carpets on any other cruiseliner and I´ve seen a lot of differnet cruiseships.

But my DH said, when he saw Captain Johannes posts on Facebook: do they have new stuff to clean them as often as necessary. Because they are so light in colour and not these dark colours where stains could disappear.

But I love them and looking forward to walk on them in a few weeks.

I saw only one thing, where I would say "ugly and trashy": the open fireplace.

But as I said before, every taste is different.