Harmony's very full entertainment offering

So based on this article below:

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/cruiselog/2016/01/19/harmony-of-the-seas-to-feature-comedy-entertainment/78998208/

I'm assuming that there will be no headliners on this ship. 7 day cruise and 7 days of entertainment not including a feature headliner.

2 new Broadway style shows-Grease and Columbus.

2 new Watershows in the Aqua theater-with one focusing on the comedy diving.

2 new Ice shows

1 night of comics in the comedy theater.

So unless my addition is incorrect that is 7 days. The only other thing I was thinking was they would have a headliner and you just have to pick what you are going to miss out on, that way you have a reason to return to sail her again to see what you missed.

You could always go to multiple shows in a day. Most of the shows are played multiple times throughout the week in both the afternoons and daytime.

Also, they had two dive shows on the Oasis last time I was on it. They also had a comedy show that you book and then another family comedy show on the last night.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/travel/cruises/cruiselog/2016/01/19/harmony-of-the-seas-to-feature-comedy-entertainment/78998208/

I'm assuming that there will be no headliners on this ship. 7 day cruise and 7 days of entertainment not including a feature headliner.

2 new Ice shows

So unless my addition is incorrect that is 7 days. The only other thing I was thinking was they would have a headliner and you just have to pick what you are going to miss out on, that way you have a reason to return to sail her again to see what you missed.

This is the same as Oasis and Allure, isn't it? (Except I don't recall 2 ice shows on Oasis, at least not in Dec.) On Oasis, the comedy diving show was during the day. But several shows played on several days, since there are multiple venues. That way people choose which shows work for them, which also means that not all 6,000 people are trying to go to the same show. Does RCI have ships that only have one show per evening? (I'm new to RCI.)

Edited by wampuscat7

2 new Ice shows

The only difference from Oasis and Allure is an additional ice show.

There are not 2 Broadway shows. Grease is the Broadway show while Columbus is the production show similar to Come Fly With Me on the Oasis.

There are not 2 Broadway shows. Grease is the Broadway show while Columbus is the production show similar to Come Fly With Me on the Oasis.

The wording stated Broadway style shows. As stated in the article Columbus will be a RCI original Broadway way Style comedy show about a Christopher Columbus relative.

I have been on both Oasis and Allure and the extra Ice Show is what is new. I agree that you could do 2 shows in 1 day but that could take a bit of planning and If I recall the Aqua show and the Main Broadway show were done at the beginning of the week and the Ice show and RCI original was done at the end of the week because many of the performers from the Aqua show were in the RCI original doing stunts for that show. So I assume 1 ICE show will be in the beginning and the other will be at the end, which could make for some tough planning.

My only point is I just don't see a time when a Headliner could be worked in to this schedule.

For people cruising out of Europe this will pose a logistics problem trying to fit most if not all of the shows. There is only one sea day besides the day of embarkation, so to work out a show that is in the afternoon is a bit of a problem is you are going ashore on an excursion and are not back early enough. We used last years Allure schedule for shows to figure out our MTD seatings so this may have to be tweaked a little for the additional shows.

I'm going to guess the second ice show and second Aqua Show are going to be similar to the comedy dive show that Allure and Oasis currently have. It takes place during the day, and is nice to see if possible, but I wouldn't think it is must.

That would leave 1 night for the headliner, just like Oasis and Allure (shows do overlap on some days, however).

For people cruising out of Europe this will pose a logistics problem trying to fit most if not all of the shows. There is only one sea day besides the day of embarkation, so to work out a show that is in the afternoon is a bit of a problem is you are going ashore on an excursion and are not back early enough. We used last years Allure schedule for shows to figure out our MTD seatings so this may have to be tweaked a little for the additional shows.

Can I ask where you got allures schedule from last year ? We also have MTD on harmony this year and I will start looking at our dining soon ( although not all restaurants are available to boom yet on my planner).

Can I ask where you got allures schedule from last year ? We also have MTD on harmony this year and I will start looking at our dining soon ( although not all restaurants are available to boom yet on my planner).

Try this link link: http://thepotters.org/download/western-med-compass/

Let me know if you have a problem.

In time will tell but the article did not read like that it made it seem like the theme of the ship is Comedy and these are the Main shows, like I said before it might be reason to sail it again to see what you missed the 1st time.

I don't see Harmony's entertainment as being that different from Oasis and Allure. The only additional thing is the 2nd ice show, which could easily take place during the day.

I don't see why you think there is no room for a headliner. Even if they showed both shows in the main theater twice, that would leave room for 3 nights where a headliner could be shown...not to mention having an early or late show before or after the broadway show.

"Columbus, The Musical! is an original Royal Caribbean production about Marvin Columbus, Christopher's fictional, down-on-his-luck distant cousin, and his madcap story as he crosses the Atlantic for the Caribbean. The Columbus show was created in the spirit of historical spoofs such as Monty Python's Spamalot and will have a "breathtaking and revolutionary set" designed to thrill all ages and "smart, nuanced humor" geared towards adults, according to the line."

I would give up my sleeping dead parrot to see this.

Works perfectly - really helpful - lots of info to digest - thank you so much!

You are very welcome! Yes it is a lot of info to go through but well worth the planning ahead of time.

As you will see the comedy shows are in English and they have a separate one for Spanish, so keep that in mind. I suggest taking a note pad and list the shows for each night separately, also put down the time the ship leaves port and what time you will be back from your excursions this way you can figure out what shows work with certain dinner times. Make a separate chart for each day in pencil so you can change things as you do it until it works. I made an Excel spread sheet for it to printout, attached is a PDF that you can use for planning if you like, I tried to upload the xlsx file but it won't allow me to do so.

Hope this helps you and anyone else.

Harmony_Schedules_Blank Sheet1.pdf

Here is some more info. One from RC and the other with a bit more description.

http://www.prnewswire.com/news-releases/harmony-of-the-seas-sets-the-stage-for-first-at-sea-entertainment-lineup-300203055.html

http://www.royalcaribbean.com/harmonyoftheseas/entertainment

So exciting! Personally I am glad I am on the transitioning cruise with more sea days to enjoy the ship and its offerings. (And we did the the regular itinerary last year - which was also a ton of fun. But I can't imagine trying to do as much as we did during the day and still taking advantage of the entertainment).

• 1 month later...

There were 2 ice shows on Allure last week - that oddly themed Monopoly one and a How to Train Your Dragon ice show...