Excursions booked through Cruiseline

soccercrazy

Hi

I haven't sailed with NCL for many years. I am planning to book my excursions through NCL and cannot remember if those excursions are added to On Board Credit or are they paid for up front before sailing?

RCL charges credit card as soon as they are booked as opposed to putting them on the OBC account.

Thanks

Hi

I haven't sailed with NCL for many years. I am planning to book my excursions through NCL and cannot remember if those excursions are added to On Board Credit or are they paid for up front before sailing?

RCL charges credit card as soon as they are booked as opposed to putting them on the OBC account.

Thanks

They have to be paid up front at the time of booking them.

Edited by TrumpyNor

I'm unsure if they don't let you do this if you don't have the $50 port excursion credit, but when i called them they booked our excursions and said the remaining balance will be on our on board account at the end of our cruise minus the $50 each port. It wouldn't hurt calling the excursions if you prefer to pay at the end.

After further investigation it seems much better to book through the crusie line now in Canadian Dollars since I booked over a year ago the rate is much better than the current on board rate or paying cash in port for a private tour.

Thanks for the help.

If you have free OBC for excursions you HAVE TO phone and book you excursions through the excursions team. if you book and pay up front online your excursion credits aren't counted and you lose them.

If you call them and book the excursions you don't have to pay for them now. Not even sure if you can pay them. My excursions charges don't show up on my account online but the bookings do.

Does Norwegian do any kind of price matching when the same tour cost a lot less elsewhere?

ahahahahahahahahhahahahahahahahahahaha

Whoops, sorry. Where are my manners? (I seem to have a perfectly good set of manners--they've never been used.) Apologies.

Sadly, the answer is no.

We book through private operators on Trip Advisor, and often pay a third of what Norwegian charges. Or less.

If you have free OBC for excursions you HAVE TO phone and book you excursions through the excursions team. if you book and pay up front online your excursion credits aren't counted and you lose them.

If you call them and book the excursions you don't have to pay for them now. Not even sure if you can pay them. My excursions charges don't show up on my account online but the bookings do.

That's what it says - but our friends (Aussies as well) booked and paid on-line. Their shorex credit was posted back to their account during the cruise. This was just this month on our South America cruise.

We had the same package and booked in advance. The excursions were added to our on-board account, and two days before disembarking all of the shorex credits were added as well.

Do they charge more on the ship vs. buying them before you get on the ship?
The prices can change without notice. If you reserve/purchase in advance you are protected from price hikes (and in the unlikely case that the price is lower on board, you can cancel with 24 hours notice or whatever the rule is and rebook at the lower price).

It's worth pointing out that folks pre-booking excursions through NCL who have the Shorex credit promotion will pay NOTHING at the time of booking excursions.

It is necessary to call the number indicated to reserve the excursion, but the charge hits the on-board account rather than a credit card pre-pay situation.

Just beware that popular excursions sell out quickly and you may not get the excursions that you want. I have done things both ways (ship vs private) on various lines. I have come to the conclusion that if you can afford it to just pre-book and prepay them. That way your budget ends up balanced and you have fewer surprises or disappointments. I booked two shore excursions on my MSC cruises today and already have booked my excursions for the NCL Spirit cruise below in my signature. Bon Voyage!

It's worth pointing out that folks pre-booking excursions through NCL who have the Shorex credit promotion will pay NOTHING at the time of booking excursions.

It is necessary to call the number indicated to reserve the excursion, but the charge hits the on-board account rather than a credit card pre-pay situation.

I just booked our NCL excursions (we have the $50 credits). I was told if I book now over the phone, they will charge me in Canadian dollars at my 1.19 exchange rate, then when we board, the $50 becomes OBC.

If we waited until we boarded the ship, we would be charged in US dollars, with them using the credit at the same time.

NCL's excursion prices (the ones we have looked at) have gone up three times since June, so I wasn't willing to wait until April and have them go up again.

• 3 months later...