Mamma Mia age appropriateness?

I vaguely thought I recalled seeing a post saying it would not be appropriate for the under 14 crowd, but now can't find it.

Just realized that I booked my tickets on the Allure for night 1 when there is no Adventure Ocean. Will my naive 7 and 9 year old girls be out of place? I know the basic plot, but haven't seen the show or movie before. Wondering if I need to reschedule...while knowing they will be miffed if they can't go to a show.

Thanks!

I vaguely thought I recalled seeing a post saying it would not be appropriate for the under 14 crowd, but now can't find it.

Just realized that I booked my tickets on the Allure for night 1 when there is no Adventure Ocean. Will my naive 7 and 9 year old girls be out of place? I know the basic plot, but haven't seen the show or movie before. Wondering if I need to reschedule...while knowing they will be miffed if they can't go to a show.

Thanks!

I don't remember anything that would be inappropriate for children. RCI does a good job of marking shows 'adults only', but we saw Mama Mia midafternoon and there were kids. You may be thinking of All That Jazz - Chicago? Second thoughts about that show.

BTW, I was skeptical, but I enjoyed the show.

We saw the show on the Quantum and don't remember anything that bad that your girls would have a problem. A few jokes/comments with double meanings may go over their heads but nothing I feel that is truly R rated. More like PG but not G. It is a great show, I hope you enjoy it.

My kids have seen the show on the Quantum and in NY, plus the movie (many times). Any adult themes go right over their head. There are definitely sexual innuendos, but nothing too overt and I don't remember any swearing. I think the first time they saw it they were 6 and 8 and they were hooked. It's great music and a lot of fun! I think the Cruise Compass says it's for ages 13 and up, but I definitely think younger kids will enjoy it.

My friend's kids saw the movie at 7, whereas I did not think it would have been appropriate for my 7 year old daughter. It all depends on you, as a parent. The plot of the play essentially is a woman trying to determine who the dad of her adult daughter is. She had an affair with 3 guys at the same time, and now 20 years later, they are all back in her life. It is a really fun play, lots of great music, but the plot is grown up. You can look it up on Wikipedia or a similar site. It all went over my friend's daughter's head. You know your kids best.

Thanks!

Saw the show on the Quantum this Feb. and it's fabulous. Nothing that I saw as being inappropriate. As a matter of fact, took my granddaughter to see MM on broadway when she was 6 as she had thoroughly enjoyed the movie. I was lucky to get tickets in the front row and she got a big kick not only of the play, but seeing the orchestra pit. Our biggest concern was her attention span during the 2.5+ hours.

My 2cents

If you have ever seen the movie Grease think of it that way. Lost of innuendos but it will go over the heads of any young children. I don't know if I would be comfortable watching it when my kids were 14 or 15 as they would have paid more attention to it

My nieces LOVE the music have seen the play on Broadway. They are 4 and 5. They just like the music everything else they don't get or even pay attention to

I am sure you can find a clip of it on you tube or something like that to watch some and make a decision if it is appropriate for your children

Dot, dot, dot ....... !!!!

This is a full length Broadway caliber production. Nothing is edited out or changed by RCI, as that is in the contract to have this show. The production is excellent! We saw it at the matinee, and turned then skipped dinner and stood in line for stand by and saw it again! It was that good! :)

My 6 year old will see Mamma Mia for a 3rd time when we sail on Allure in April. She loves the music and energy. The story goes over her head. To judge for yourself, its about a young girl who is getting married. She has read her mom's diary and finds out her dad can be one of three guys so she invites then all to her wedding. So it's the 3 possible dad thing that may make it not suitable for kids if they understand that, but my 6 year old doesn't question it.

Sent from my ONE E1005 using Tapatalk

Edited by LuCruise