Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

I see Sue joined the thread. I wonder if I should embarrass her by posting a video of her doing "Sing it if You Know it" from the Dawn six years ago.

Edit: Never mind. I made the mistake of asking her permission.

22d0ac7b916e90c7a0a9e2d005385076.jpg

Edited by TheDougOut

You should have this made into a hardbound book...."The Wanderings of Doug".

What's funny - after Sue posted above, I went back and looked at her prior posts, as I used to post under her account. I found the following from 2012, confirming that "wandering" has always been my thing...

Did you enjoy any of the entertainment options in the evening? We're night owls, and on other lines have enjoyed wandering the ship to check out the different happenings.

I also think it's funny that I said "we're" night owls. If that was once true, my how times have changed! I don't think Sue made it past 10pm on the Escape.

What's funny - after Sue posted above, I went back and looked at her prior posts, as I used to post under her account. I found the following from 2012, confirming that "wandering" has always been my thing...

I also think it's funny that I said "we're" night owls. If that was once true, my how times have changed! I don't think Sue made it past 10pm on the Escape.

I'm older than you.

Edited by ansugabe

Wow, Doug, I just finished reading this whole thing and love it, love it, love it. We are boarding the Escape in May and I now have all my questions answered. Thank you so much for taking the time to let us wander around with you.

As has been stated previously by many... excellent review. So much so that when I sent it to my SIL who had wanted to wait for RCCL itineraries for summer 2017 (25th anniv), she replied with...

"OMG! Just finished this whole trip review!!! I get why you were addicted to this (while Live)!!! I couldn't stop reading!!! This guy is hysterical! Now I want to add the Dining Package to the trip!!!!! YIKES!!! So much fun!" and "Ready to book this damned thing!!!!!!!!!!!!! "

Needless to say, we sail on the Escape July 15 2017 and have 20 cabins booked to date with family & friends.

Thanks again

Edited by jeanderson

Such a great review- I can't say enough about it!! Friends who we are sailing with found your review and I think I binged and watched it in 2 days. We're on the 3/26 cruise and can't wait!!! In planning dinners and getting a sense of the bars...our friends said- we should just do everything Doug did. The guys in our group are beer snobs so we plan on visiting home daily!!! We've already adopted WWDD- hope to make you proud! Thanks again for taking the time to share your trip!

Confirmed no shorts in aft dining room (Manhattan), Le Bistro, and Bayamo (from experience). It appears cruise casual is permitted elsewhere, including Taste and Savor.

https://www.ncl.com/faq#packing

We were on last week's cruise. I recall wearing decent shorts and a collared shirt in Manhattan with no problems. But it was the last night so maybe they were more relaxed?

Although when we made the rez a few days prior (we switched from Savor to Manhattan) they made no mention of a dress code. Unlike when we reserved Bayamo -- for that they were very specific about no shorts.

Awesome review, Doug. Thanks for posting.

Ok, now you've got me crazy excited for my cruise on the Escape in August. Hopefully District is still part of the UBP when we board.

I think my wife, my liver, or both may want to divorce me after a week on that ship.

We were on last week's cruise. I recall wearing decent shorts and a collared shirt in Manhattan with no problems. But it was the last night so maybe they were more relaxed?

Although when we made the rez a few days prior (we switched from Savor to Manhattan) they made no mention of a dress code. Unlike when we reserved Bayamo -- for that they were very specific about no shorts.

My husband wore nice dress shorts and a polo shirt/button down shirt all nights in Savor, Taste and Manhattan. We were told only dress code enforced was Le Bistro and another pay restaurant, cant remember which one. (we were on last week too)

We were told only dress code enforced was Le Bistro and another pay restaurant, cant remember which one. (we were on last week too)

Bayamo! Speaking from experience, as I had to return to my room to change.

BTW, concerning the Manhattan Room dress code, I was quoting NCL guidelines above. I never tested it, having worn nice shorts to Taste and pants to Manhattan Room.

I think my wife, my liver, or both may want to divorce me after a week on that ship.

I'm currently letting my liver take a well earned vacation. I started up a strict diet/exercise program a couple weeks ago... going 100 days without alcohol. It's the start of my November cruise prep. :)

Have a great trip! How torturous to wait until August.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...