Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

Hey Doug,

First off..BRAVO!

I work for 911-Police/Sheriff & Fire Dispatch for one of the largest consolodated emergency dispatch centers in Central California. My husband is a Fire Battalion Chief for the largest Fire Department in California.

It's not like we have a thirst for excitement or are bored to tears....

Every.....single.......day.... I logged on to see what Doug was doing!! (obviously it hasn't stopped....Whatta' Loser!!) It was like I was keeping track of my officers for the day!!

Your story was hilarious, your pictures were awesome, next time could you include a few more pictures of beer, beer, beer and maybe some beer ;D!!!

On your way home, I told my husband about your run, and I brought up the message board and said....

"Baby, I'd like to introduce you to my soul mate....this is Doug.....you've got to read this.....He is me... in a man's body....the camera, the food, the in your face, the non stop-non stop shake the walls!!!!"

After the first 15 pages, he was concerned about your cell bill/ship internet charge, after that, he had to agree you are OUR soul mate!!

We would only hope that we are all on a future cruise together!!

NCL Escape Haven February 27, 2016....All Aboard!!!

Keep on truckin Doug!! Be safe out there!!

Might try the Liquid Marijuana from my UBP FAV List and see how that works

I attempted to try it! On my last visit to Skyline while they were still serving, I leaned in and asked the bartender for one. His reaction was priceless... he stood upright, and shook his head "no" with a disapproving look. I gathered he wasn't familiar with the cocktail, and I wasn't in the mood to explain. So I swapped to a vodka tonic.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you can convince Motley to go, and convince NCL to give us the UBP promo even though we're within the blackout window, I'll seriously consider it.

It would be a dream of mine to follow Motley live...

Join us on the Getaway leaving Feb 14th! UBP is still included in the cruise fare if you book now... Plus $100 cruise credit!

I attempted to try it! On my last visit to Skyline while they were still serving, I leaned in and asked the bartender for one. His reaction was priceless... he stood upright, and shook his head "no" with a disapproving look. I gathered he wasn't familiar with the cocktail, and I wasn't in the mood to explain. So I swapped to a vodka tonic.

PRICELESS Doug! I am SURE he was not familiar with that drink and I'd put a $100 on that bet! Maybe he actually thought you were shaking him down for some "real" contraband. :) I had to train the barstaff at the Pool Bar on the ingredients for the 1st or 2nd day and from then on it was cake.

Make sure you bring the list on your next cruise, that way you can hand the bartender the recipe/ingredients. Never had any of the drinks on that list refused with the exception that they didn't have all the liquors/ingredients at that particular bar.

SIDENOTE: My wife and I enjoyed that drink so much we bought the ingredients to make them at home:

LIQUID MARIJUANA: Equal parts of each: Cap. Morgan SP Rum, Blue Curacao, Malibu, Midori; add Pineapple Juice and Sweet & Sour mix to taste

Edited by Warm-Water Diver

Can someone explain the Motley thing or send me a link?

MotleyFan, aka Shady C, is a regular forum participant that was on the maiden 3 day sailing of the escape. He provided some rather entertaining video reviews from his trip...

MotleyFan, aka Shady C, WAS a regular forum participant that was on the maiden 3 day sailing of the escape. He provided some rather entertaining video reviews from his trip...

Fixed it for you.

He's been gone a while. According to his Facebook, he was hospitalized for some mental health issues. True story! Maybe they don't let him use social media anymore?

He's still quite active (over-active?) on his YouTube channel. He's posted two videos in the past week. It appears he may need a vacation.

Welp... at least I know. Too bad what has been seen cannot be unseen. I watched the video that basically was a rant on how women are dumb bitches because they don't date big men who are so insecure they won't cheat on them...

I just can't even...

I also wondered if I counted since I don't identify as skinny or big.

I sincerely hope he is getting help. He looked noticeably different since the cruise.

Better late than never! I found a handful of posts that I meant to answer and some info that I said I would provide but failed to do so. I'll try to wrap these up shortly.

How much do you typically tip for your meals, drinks etc?

I mentioned elsewhere that we bring singles on board to tip for drinks - $1 per drink ordered. I actually don't know how these get handled anymore, and whether the individual bartender pockets it or if it's shared somehow. I say that because I witnessed a common area behind the bar at the Brew House where all bartenders were dropping off their tips.

The only meals we tipped extra for were at the specialty dining venues. I know there's some gratuity already paid, but our group felt it was appropriate to add $10 per couple.

The only other tipping we did on board was for the room steward. I believe we gave him $20 on the first day and $20 on the last day.

Edited by TheDougOut

We just DESTROYED Food Republic. A few service glitches to discuss later... but the food was fantastic.

I never followed-up with the service glitch (technical issue?) that we encountered @ Food Republic, so here goes...

We attempted to order from two iPads - each charging to a different room. Sue's parents had no problem selecting their items, and then swiping their room key to place the order.

After we swiped the room key on our iPad, we kept getting a non-descript pop-up account error, which actually had me concerned that there was a problem with the credit card associated with our room. This happened twice before we asked our server for assistance. He took our iPad, did a few things on it, and then handed us a printed receipt. All was well - or so we thought.

The food ordered by Sue's parents came quickly - within minutes. 10 minutes later and ours still hadn't arrived. We then reviewed the printed receipt for the first time, and realized it was a receipt for Sue's parents' food, not ours. Apparently our food order was never placed.

We called our server over again, and proceeded to re-enter our order. This time, our card went through without issue, and our food started to arrive minutes later.

I'm not sure what the issue was, or what caused it, but it only caused a short delay in an otherwise fun night of food-tasting.

If interested, our Food Republic photos start with post #219 near the bottom of this page...

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2307885&highlight=glitch&page=11

Doug,

I thoroughly enjoyed your positive review, unlike some of the other more recent reviews.

I noticed that you had several burgers while on your cruise. Are you able to order them medium/rare, or are they all just well done?

Not meaning to hijack Doug's thread, and I'll be happy to hear his experience as well. On Getaway last September my husband could easily order and get a rare hamburger. On Escape our waiter said he would have to get permission from his supervisor; we didn't press the issue. I've read of someone else saying they had to give their cabin number. That has actually happened on Celebrity. I think if you are willing to insist you could get it cooked to order...