Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

I seriously think "Doug Time" is going to become a permanent part of my lexicon. I ran errands today in a car with clock failure due to a dead battery several weeks ago and never reset, and worked on a remote server with an incorrect clock while looking at a dead wall clock. I laughed at living in Doug Time and kept on.

Thank you very much for writing THE BEST REVIEW of the Escape! It was so fun to follow throughout the week! My family is cruising on the Escape in April and I'm now SO excited! We booked this months ago based on all of the activities this new ship would have that our boys would love. I was so disappointed and sad to read the reviews when the ship went into service that I almost cancelled. Then I started reading some better ones which made me feel more comfortable and your review "sealed the deal". I know our family is going to love the ship! Unfortunately I probably won't spend a lot of time in your "home" because our kids are young, but we will have so much fun! Thanks again for your humor and taking me on a virtual vacation on the Escape, I will miss your postings! Now, counting down the days until we board...:)

P.S. NCL needs to pay you for your advertising!

Edited by Hawks LOB

I seriously think "Doug Time" is going to become a permanent part of my lexicon. I ran errands today in a car with clock failure due to a dead battery several weeks ago and never reset, and worked on a remote server with an incorrect clock while looking at a dead wall clock. I laughed at living in Doug Time and kept on.

I was thinking the exact same thing.

Thoroughly enjoyed cruising with you this week, nice to see someone who enjoys life (until the wee hours), and focuses on the cruising positives for a change.

One question: We are doing Escape with family in March, have 3 Mini-suites together on Deck 10. Were you able/permitted to open your dividers?

Thanks again, we are super pumped now, we gained allot of great tips - especially Hubby and Brother-in-Law - they are planning to set up base camp at "Home"!!

I am going through withdrawal! Great review and I agree with everyone else's comments. I think all of us could not wait to see what Doug was doing next. I appreciate his review because it was about his experience and he never talked down the guests or the staff or what Frank Del Rio is doing these days. He enjoyed his trip and we were able to share that with him- great job!

Ahhhh!! It would appear my UBP privileges have expired. I just dropped $10 on a Harpoon IPA at JFK.

87ad9c8911461f11a14d675ee7d7213f.jpg

Everyone - seriously, I can't believe all of your comments. It was such a fun week! I mentioned on my last night how it was getting emotional, and I wasn't embellishing. I had to take a timeout in my room before heading out because I needed time to clear my eyes.

So, so, so much fun. A sincere thanks to all of you that played along.

Loving all of the positivity floating around!

I wouldn't even care if my connecting flight gets cancelled. A late night wander through JFK would be fun with all of you in tow.

Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Thank You Dougout for taking us on your journey with you! You made my workweek literally fly by since I was so engrained in your daily adventures and late night walks :D

So looking forward to our 2nd Escape cruise this coming December (just cruised 12/11/16) just to walk in the shadow of your footsteps.

Take care my brotha and have a Safe flight home.

Diver out.. :cool:

Best LIVE ever!! Thank you for taking us on your 'escape'.

I certainly hope you are a writer/journalist/entertainer...if not, you might want to consider a change! :)

Safe travels and stay warm!

d50badeb59482072334f3cc39e81fa0e.jpg

Photo taken just now - but during the overnight I awoke in a fog and, without my glasses, honestly thought that I had fallen asleep around the atrium's big screen. When I came to the realization that "the screen" was actually just a window back home - total letdown.

Edited by TheDougOut

d50badeb59482072334f3cc39e81fa0e.jpg

Photo taken just now - but during the overnight I awoke in a fog and, without my glasses, honestly thought that I had fallen asleep around the atrium's big screen. When I came to the realization that "the screen" was actually just a window back home - total letdown.

Aw man.....that would be disappointing!

Doug, are you washing your whites or your darks right now? And what did you eat for breakfast? We need an update with pictures! We're all going through TheDougOut withdrawal.

You should start your own blog. Your legion of fans on here would follow along everyday until your next cruise.

This has been fantastic and definitely worth 5 stars. You and your family seem like you enjoy life and don't let the small stuff get to you - Bravo!

Excellent review, I can't wait for the next one. Have yet to be on NCL but will try to get on one of the away ships in the future, yours and Suitecruiser's are the best two reviews and the only two that I had Laugh out Loud moments.

Thanks