Escape - Live 1/30

TheDougOut

If you do not mind me asking, how much did Internet for the week cost?

I bought the unlimited package online a few days before the cruise, and it appears the total charge was $209.93. I believe there's a nominal activation fee (<$4) that's waived if you purchase it ahead of time.

I thought I saw on another thread that someone received a discounted rate once onboard. Yep, found it: http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=2315311

I noticed that you had several burgers while on your cruise. Are you able to order them medium/rare, or are they all just well done?

Helen's response above has more info than I can offer. If given a choice, I'm a medium-rare burger guy, but I don't recall ever being asked on board.

I think I had at least three on board. A couple were from Garden Cafe, where you can see them being grilled behind the line. The other was in O'Sheehans off of their late night (early morning?) menu. It was the one menu item with the asterisk / may be served raw or undercooked warning.

I thought all three were nice, juicy burgers - even if cooked by default beyond my typical preference.

Quick question for you..Can you wear shorts to Savor and Taste to dinner? Are pants required for the Manhattan Room? Just trying to figure out our packing for our March 5th sailing!!! 😊

Yes to Savor and Taste - but I believe shorts aren't permitted in the Manhattan Room. I'm sure someone will chime in with the official answer - but I believe Le Bistro and Bayamo are the two others. I learned about Bayamo the hard way - had to run back to my room for a quick change.

we got medium burgers at Margaitteville. $125 for the medium sized wifi which I left about an hour on. Don't recall seeing anybody in shorts in the MDR's. Did get a reservation confirmation call for Bayamo place to wear long pants.

Edited by darienill

Doug...great review - I was on that cruise and remember some of your party.

I always check the time on the cabin phone or one of the public phones. They always seem to be right.

Also, if the Vibe question has not been answered - it is $99.00 per week.

Be sure to refer to yourself in the 3rd person for your next review. "TheDougOut spends a week on a ship!!!!" or something like that.

On second thought, please don't ever be that guy. Your review was the best ever, proving that narcissism isn't needed.

Be sure to refer to yourself in the 3rd person for your next review. "TheDougOut spends a week on a ship!!!!" or something like that.

On second thought, please don't ever be that guy. Your review was the best ever, proving that narcissism isn't needed.

TheDougOut sees what you did there.

14a7df1bc8b442d183d8be20d5270217.jpg

9:24dt - too long a wait at Margaritaville

This picture confused me for a bit. They have taken out a whole huge section of Margaritaville! Where those comfy chairs are in the photo- those were all tables, too. There were tables all the way over to the doors where you enter the elevator hall. The hostess stand was kind of in the middle of the sections. That blows my mind.

This picture confused me for a bit. They have taken out a whole huge section of Margaritaville! Where those comfy chairs are in the photo- those were all tables, too. There were tables all the way over to the doors where you enter the elevator hall. The hostess stand was kind of in the middle of the sections. That blows my mind.

It was this way when we were on a few weeks back. Sometimes in the daytime they have a band play where the comfy chairs are. They don't need many tables now. The place usually pretty empty.