Our radiance of the seas adventure!

Esilef

I can't wait either, one more sleep...

So lucky we aren't sitting at the OPT now in the massive storm, hopefully will be a nice day for sail away.

Hope to see you and your family on board Esilef:)

Just look for a running blond 6yr old blond boy. I will be chasing him.

I have been watching the weather also but fingers crossed its all good.

Dads starting to get excited. We will see how he enjoys it.

Mum was the cruiser in our family. She fought cancer for 3 years and made it to Williams 2nd birthday.

Mr6, grandad (mr I don't do cruise ships), uncle with autism (my brother) and I are off on radiance of the seas tomorrow.

I'm really looking forward to the cruise. It's to New Caledonia. 8 nights.

We got off the Radiance this morning after a wonderful 12 day jaunt to Noumea, Vila and the islands. The sea was calm, perfect weather, beautiful beaches and great swimming. Hope you have the same conditions.

We were surprised how much we enjoyed the ship (even with around 500 children on the trip).

We have boarded😊

Check in was pretty quick from car to on board in about 30 minutes.

Cocktail in hand!

Room is much smaller than I expected but adequate for the two of us. We have a balcony cabin on deck 8.

Staff so far seem friendly, lunch in the windjammer was ok.

Keeping a lookout for Esilef!

We are on the ship. Just finally got the Internet pack to work.

William is having a blast. Lots of kids and babies on board.

Radiance is a loverly cruise ship.

Really like her design.

Cross section of cruisers on board. A lot of families multi generation.

Boarding was quick and easy. We met graham.

Mr I hate cruise ships is finding things to grump at........ Ie couldn't get the Internet to work ect.

My autistic brother is loving every second of the cruise.

William and I are in our first ocean view room. I really like being so close to the sea. Heaps better than an inside cabin.

Love dads junior suite but with the shower over the bath that could be an issue for him.

I took William to his cabin & put him in the bath. Really convienant.

So far so good

Tara jane I did suggest that but dad also suggested that I could keep a couple of spare nappies and change of clothes for William in his room........

It's just very handy having access to a bath for a small child..

The bath could have been lower making it easier for those will aging bones to get in and out of.

I think a junior suite is worth the money.

Also TAra jane -we were in the atrium and heard a lady scream "it's William" one of our loverly fellow cruisers from rhapsody is on board with us.

I thought of you when I was going through Circular Quay yesterday to catch a ferry. I think you would have already been onboard by the time we got there. Sounds like you're going to have a great cruise.

The real test with Mr I Hate Cruise Ships will be if he's still grumbling at the end of the cruise. ;) :D

William is sick.

Prior to cruising William spent 2 weeks with my ex husband at the caravan.

On Monday prior to Australia Day I got a call from the ex. William is sick please drive 3 hours to see him. I did and we ended up at the hospital with him.

He got antibiotics for the flu and ear infection. He had. The ex promised he would care for him all is good.

He returned William to me on the day prior to the cruise. I promptly took him to the doctor for stronger antibiotics and ear drops.

I was told he was fine to cruise as base flu had gone & it was now an ear infection ex caused by him dunking his head in the pool when his father was supervising him...

The pressure of the aircraft flying to Sydney caused all this infection to stream out.

Today an abcyst burst in his ear causing him a huge amount of pain and lots of blood to run out of his ear. Plus he is teething and bit his lip whilst with his father so today I had blood streaming out his ear and out his mouth.

Luckily I travel with every medication under the sun. After painstop (codine based) and neurophen. He seems to be doing a lot better.

Our fellow passengers and the staff have been wonderful.

Just a bit of a mummy grumble.

Tonight William was at the captains reception dancing to the band.

Penicillin really is the best drug ever invented.