VIFP status changing on last day

jayman31

I just completed a cruise that has put my days sailed to 67 and it showed up today as 67 in my cruise history...I also booked an 8 day cruise today, which will put me at 75 (Platinum)

I have checked in, all that has been completed, yet my boarding pass or my luggage tags don't say priority :(

I was looking forward to having priority check in and avoiding the huge lines. Will this auto correct over night or should I call Carnival?

Is it a true 8 day or 7 day? The reason I ask is because when you book a 7 day cruise, day 8 is the day you get back. You don't get credit for it. Maybe I should ask how many nights is your cruise?

Yes it is an actual 8 day cruise...I am paying tips for 8 days and will be sleeping in the cabin for 8 whole nights :)

I am thinking the system might correct itself if they do a nightly upgrade....will check again tomorrow and if it doesn't show priority I will call Carnival

just wondering... don't you need to have completed the cruise to get bumped up to the next level- not just have it booked? I'm not sure, so forgive me for asking

I have read various posts in the past that say if you change status during a cruise that you earn that status from the beginning of the cruise...the terms say that as well...although it states at Carnival's discretion or something along that line

I have read various posts in the past that say if you change status during a cruise that you earn that status from the beginning of the cruise...the terms say that as well...although it states at Carnival's discretion or something along that line

My husband is going "gold" as of this cruise as he hits it halfway through. It was on his booking.

My husband is going "gold" as of this cruise as he hits it halfway through. It was on his booking.

Looks like I will be calling Carnival tomorrow then to see why it isn't showing on my booking then...thanks for that info...clarifies what I thought I should be seeing but am not

Looks like I will be calling Carnival tomorrow then to see why it isn't showing on my booking then...thanks for that info...clarifies what I thought I should be seeing but am not

Check in the morning and if it's not there, call.

If your days turn to 75 at any point in the upcoming cruise, you're platinum and it should be reflected in your travel docs.

I think you know this but to verify:

Go to: View Cruise documents

Then: Put a check in the Print General Information box and hit submit

Then: On the 3rd page (Booking Summary), look under Guest, after your name/VIFP# should be Platinum.

Edited by fuddrules

When do you sail? I turned gold on day 3 of my recent 4 day. My paperwork & online status showed as red for a while. I printed docs a few days before sailing & they finally showed gold. I did indeed have a gold card at check-in. You will have platinum status when you sail. From my experience it just took time before it showed online.

When do you sail? I turned gold on day 3 of my recent 4 day. My paperwork & online status showed as red for a while. I printed docs a few days before sailing & they finally showed gold. I did indeed have a gold card at check-in. You will have platinum status when you sail. From my experience it just took time before it showed online.

I don't sail until April 9th, also my most recent cruise only reflected today, I am just getting a little anxious to see platinum ;) and wanting confirmation that I should be platinum on this sailing

Yeah it won't happen until you have the amount of time cruised and completed, not purchased.

Not true, I hit gold on Day 3 of a 4 day cruise. Was issued a gold card at embarkation and gold status from day 1 of that cruise.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yeah it won't happen until you have the amount of time cruised and completed, not purchased.

This is not correct. I turned platinum on my last cruise and my documents came out priority and platinum when I printed them out.

However it took over a week for our days to be added to our VIFP account after we returned. I would say give it a week and then call Carnival. I expect it will right itself!

This is not correct. I turned platinum on my last cruise and my documents came out priority and platinum when I printed them out.

However it took over a week for our days to be added to our VIFP account after we returned. I would say give it a week and then call Carnival. I expect it will right itself!

Will do...guess I am too antsy and want to see it...I need some patience ;)

I also turned Platinum on the last day of my previous cruise. It didn't show up on my documents for this cruise right away but it did many months prior to the sailing. I'd wait a few weeks. If Platinum doesn't show up then give Carnival a call.

I have 65 days on Carnival and just booked a 10 day in Europe today. I filled out the online check in and when I went to view cruise documents and then print general information, it shows up as Priority on the top and says platinum by our names.

I just completed a cruise that has put my days sailed to 67 and it showed up today as 67 in my cruise history...I also booked an 8 day cruise today, which will put me at 75 (Platinum)

I have checked in, all that has been completed, yet my boarding pass or my luggage tags don't say priority :(

I was looking forward to having priority check in and avoiding the huge lines. Will this auto correct over night or should I call Carnival?

You may have to give the system a day or two. I believe it was around a day after the previous cruise showed up for my status to change to Platinum for the next one that was booked. You will get all of the benefits from day 1.

Please come back and let us know what they say! I'd be really curious to know. I'm thinking the same as you, that the system hasn't updated yet. Either that, or it has to do with the fact that you booked the cruise before you were credited for this last cruise. If you weren't at 67 when you booked, the additional 8 days wouldn't have gotten you to Platinum, so maybe that's why your paperwork doesn't reflect it. But immature they can fix that. Good luck!

Please come back and let us know what they say! I'd be really curious to know. I'm thinking the same as you, that the system hasn't updated yet. Either that, or it has to do with the fact that you booked the cruise before you were credited for this last cruise. If you weren't at 67 when you booked, the additional 8 days wouldn't have gotten you to Platinum, so maybe that's why your paperwork doesn't reflect it. But immature they can fix that. Good luck!

Still no change this morning...I will come back and post the outcome and when I finally see the status change....hoping sooner rather than later ;)

Still no change this morning...I will come back and post the outcome and when I finally see the status change....hoping sooner rather than later ;)

Had the same questions/issues on our last cruise which was a B2B. Technically we did not turn Platinum till the 2nd leg. I called Carnival weeks after final payment was made and spoke to 3 different reps. After speaking to the last one I checked our documents a few days later and saw that we had been changed to Plat/Priority for both legs. Took some time and 3 calls but we were granted Plat status. Don't give up.