Anthem keeps docking us around

shaun07

I'm doing my darndest to ignore a few posters but I have to admit some of the responses today have had me snickering so hard it hurts.

ryano - if you're here or coming back - where did you see that Captain Claus would not continue onboard? I'm sure it makes sense that he would be debriefed but they could do that in the next few days before they sail. Of course, I wouldn't blame him if he took a break. The stress he endured had to be off the charts. (AND YES YES I AM AWARE THE PASSENGERS AND CREW WERE UNDER STRESS TOO - DON'T GO AFTER ME ON THAT!)

But Coast Guard inspectors examined the ship after it docked back at Bayonne's Cape Liberty, four days after it departed, and they showed NBC 4 New York the wakes behind the ship: only the left propulsion system had powered the return voyage, they said.

"It's not functioning properly at the moment, and our team is on board working through that to make sure it's functioning property before it is allowed to leave," said Coast Guard investigator Lt. Josh Buck.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Anthem-of-Seas-Cruise-Ship-Storm-Damage-Coast-Guard-Inspectors-Royal-Caribbean-368534091.html

So why would it stay at around 30 degrees for around 10 minutes at a time . You must have had a crazy swing as a kid

I wasn't there, but I bet it didn't. But whatever makes you happy. I am happy to be wrong. I am skeptical as heck, but happy.

JC

This is the best picture I have of something to measure the tilt:

e6a205a07d57fa48e834dc44e1e48b14.jpg

Bedazzle, so assuming you are home safe and sound?? I know it was not a fun experience, but I think this photo is cool. But then I would have been the one running around trying to find weird things to take pictures of just to keep my mind busy!!

And its starting to get funny that everyone is ignoring "him"!!! Maybe he will get tired and just go away!! Well, we can only wish!!!

I'm doing my darndest to ignore a few posters but I have to admit some of the responses today have had me snickering so hard it hurts.

ryano - if you're here or coming back - where did you see that Captain Claus would not continue onboard? I'm sure it makes sense that he would be debriefed but they could do that in the next few days before they sail. Of course, I wouldn't blame him if he took a break. The stress he endured had to be off the charts. (AND YES YES I AM AWARE THE PASSENGERS AND CREW WERE UNDER STRESS TOO - DON'T GO AFTER ME ON THAT!)

On Karen's Current Captains Thread, she posted that Captain Claus left the ship last night to assist in the investigation. I think this is part of the protocol in a situation like this. I would also have to believe that emotionally he needs a break.

She has no idea who will be Master on the February 13th cruise.

On Karen's Current Captains Thread, she posted that Captain Claus left the ship last night to assist in the investigation. I think this is part of the protocol in a situation like this. I would also have to believe that emotionally he needs a break.

She has no idea who will be Master on the February 13th cruise.

I find this to be very sad.:( That a good man is being painted as a bad man, because of idiots who think they know the answers.

Public relations is a crappy way of giving in to idiots on Network TV that report the ship listed 45 degrees as I heard a reporterette do this morning on the Today show.

We truly are ran by propaganda, and the truth is just buried.:mad:

Don't know the captain, don't think I was ever on his ship, but then who knows I rarely pay attention to who any of the ship's crew is.

JC

But Coast Guard inspectors examined the ship after it docked back at Bayonne's Cape Liberty, four days after it departed, and they showed NBC 4 New York the wakes behind the ship: only the left propulsion system had powered the return voyage, they said.

"It's not functioning properly at the moment, and our team is on board working through that to make sure it's functioning property before it is allowed to leave," said Coast Guard investigator Lt. Josh Buck.

http://www.nbcnewyork.com/news/local/Anthem-of-Seas-Cruise-Ship-Storm-Damage-Coast-Guard-Inspectors-Royal-Caribbean-368534091.html

So they lied to us about the condition of the ship and decided to gamble by sending us on a 3 days voyage on a damaged ship with multiple storms in the area. What is wrong with company .

Edited by shaun07

So they lied to us about the condition of the ship and decided to gamble by sending us on a 3 days voyage on a damaged ship with multiple storms in the area. What is wrong with company .

They sure did. And there is also that fairy tale about some colossal storm brewing somewhere near Jacksonville. None of these things add up.

However, I am not sure the propulsion system damage was enough a safety issue coming back to Bayonne, though, as long as the ship proceeded in low enough speed.

Edited by Kinofdc

I don't have screenshot of it since I left phone flat on nightstand, but using Smart Tools, an app in Play Store, I placed my phone on a flat surface and watched the pitch and roll. I'd say max of 18° but only for like a second. Mostly was 14-15° so those of you estimating that range are most consistent with my phone app.

Serious question...what good would it have done for you to know there was a problem with part of the propulsion system.? I think it would have freaked people out which could have caused things to be even more tense than they already were.

No one lied about the condition of the ship. You misread that post. The link to the article was published 2 hours ago, which means that the CG inspection took place sometime today and that's when they discovered the damage.

Edited by cruisenfever

Not sure if there was a propulsion issue before the storm. We were going over 24 knots on day 1

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Well, I suppose that might account for the "limping" pace of the trip back to Jersey. It seems unlikely that RCCL was unaware of this as it should be obvious to the ship's crew from the appearance of the wake. Hmm...

No one lied about the condition of the ship. You misread that post. The link to the article was published 2 hours ago, which means that the CG inspection took place sometime today and that's when they discovered the damage.

so your saying they didn't know they had lost half their propulsion! That might be even worse

Serious question...what good would it have done for you to know there was a problem with part of the propulsion system.? I think it would have freaked people out which could have caused things to be even more tense than they already were.

ok even if i agreed, which I don't, why continue to lie and deny,

Patti, let me save you now. Anything you say will get spun. Better off just no longer responding. Trust me. You'll want to bang your head against a wall. ;)

Some will probably not take them up on that, but I'll bet a large percentage of passengers will be thrilled to get a half-price future cruise.

True! Royal was quite generous with our 2012 Allure Hurricane Isaac cruise, which was shortened to 5 nights and sailed a vastly different itinerary from what we had booked. When I put a pencil to it, the $650 OBC plus 2 nights at Embassy Suites, plus up to $100 per day per person for food and incidentals, plus a 25% future cruise credit....Buz and I actually made a $265 profit. We were definitely thrilled.

Carol - you were there on that cruise! Did you come out ahead too?

Judy