Anthem Feb 13 Sailing would you cancel?

TNCruzer56

This is a pretty interesting video I dug up of the Crown Princess that had a listing issue about 10 years ago. It had a list of 24 degrees and you can see how severe it is in the simulator.

If you search Crown Princess incident there are also many onboard security videos of the incident itself. Pretty wild ride. :eek:

Thanks! Don't need TOC when you have document search. Now for some light reading...

I used the search function... couldn't find anything under 45 degree except for visibility.

As far as listing goes.. this is the only one that seems to fall in the category you are discussing. I could be wrong though.

6. Main propulsion machinery and all auxiliary machinery essential to the propulsion and the safety of the ship shall, as fitted in the ship, be designed to operate when the ship is upright and when inclined at any angle of list up to and including 15° either way under static conditions and 22.5° under dynamic conditions (rolling) either way and simultaneously inclined dynamically (pitching) 7.5° by bow or stern. The Administration may permit deviation from these angles, taking into consideration the type, size and service conditions of the ship

This was on page 126

Edited by kneught77

Stupid question, is there only one version of every ship out there? i.e 1 Anthem of the Seas, 1 Royal Princess, 1 Celebrity Eclipse etc.

Not exactly sure what you mean. Anthem is one of three Quantum class ships that are very similar: Quantum, Anthem, and Ovation. Royal has several classes of ships, with multiple very similar ships in each class. Exceptions would be Majesty and Empress of which there are currently no other ships in Royal's fleet that are considered sister ships.

Stupid question, is there only one version of every ship out there? i.e 1 Anthem of the Seas, 1 Royal Princess, 1 Celebrity Eclipse etc.

Are you referring to design or name. With Royal and Celebrity as with other lines, their ships all belong to a design class. Anthem is from the Quantum Class and Eclipse from Celebrity's Solstice Class. I'm not completely familiar with the class designs of the other lines.

I was on the last sailing. We had a calm and peaceful few days after the storm. The ship was absolutely seaworthy, and there were still some significant swells on the way back.

I would be bummed on this next cruise if all the outside attractions that stayed closed for us (Northstar, ifly, etc...) remained closed.

Edited by Kite99

Not exactly sure what you mean. Anthem is one of three Quantum class ships that are very similar: Quantum, Anthem, and Ovation. Royal has several classes of ships, with multiple very similar ships in each class. Exceptions would be Majesty and Empress of which there are currently no other ships in Royal's fleet that are considered sister ships.

You know how each class has different ships. For example the Oasis class has Oasis, Allure etc. Is there only 1 ship named Allure of the Seas and 1 ship named Oasis of the Seas and so on?

Reason I ask is given what happened with the Anthem of the Seas, if someone booked on this ship for the purpose of trying it out and the ship is no longer available due to damages sustained, that person wouldn't be happy to be put on a different ship (even if it is for same itinerary)

But if you had a spare 'Anthem of the Seas' it could easily replace the one that went through the storm.

Now I understand it is not feasible to have two ships for each name just in case something like this happens, but I just thought they may have two different ships for certain ships. For example, they could have an Anthem of the Seas that serves the eastern Caribbean and another that serves the Australian coast.

Now I understand it is not feasible to have two ships for each name just in case something like this happens, but I just thought they may have two different ships for certain ships. For example, they could have an Anthem of the Seas that serves the eastern Caribbean and another that serves the Australian coast.

Sorry but this is just ridiculous. Can you imagine how confusing it would be to book a cruise when there are two completely different itineraries being done under the same name, possibly with 2 different cruises leaving on the same day? And what possible benefit would it serve?

Here you go ...

http://www.mar.ist.utl.pt/mventura/Projecto-Navios-I/IMO-Conventions%20(copies)/SOLAS.pdf

It is 910 pages and no table of contents.

It would be easier to ask the captain or chief engineer on your next cruise.

Nothing regarding your claim in there that I see

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

You know how each class has different ships. For example the Oasis class has Oasis, Allure etc. Is there only 1 ship named Allure of the Seas and 1 ship named Oasis of the Seas and so on?

Reason I ask is given what happened with the Anthem of the Seas, if someone booked on this ship for the purpose of trying it out and the ship is no longer available due to damages sustained, that person wouldn't be happy to be put on a different ship (even if it is for same itinerary)

But if you had a spare 'Anthem of the Seas' it could easily replace the one that went through the storm.

Wow...This makes little to no sense.

A "spare" Anthem? These are billion dollar ships, they just don't have another lying around. I understand what you are saying, but it just doesn't make sense. It would be easier for Royal to just have a disappointed customer. And even if the ship was taken out of service for repairs, it would only be for a short time.

Edited by OfTheSeasCruiser

Wow...This makes little to no sense.

A "spare" Anthem? These are billion dollar ships, they just don't have another lying around. I understand what you are saying, but it just doesn't make sense. It would be easier for Royal to just have a disappointed customer. And even if the ship was taken out of service for repairs, it would only be for a short time.

I was afraid that poster was asking something way off the charts. Wow, just wow.

Nothing regarding your claim in there that I see

Sent from my B1-730HD using Tapatalk

I have the DVD. I'll figure out how to get the clip from it that mentions the SOLAR regulation so you can see it with your own eyes. Standby (or sit by or lay by - whatever).

You know how each class has different ships. For example the Oasis class has Oasis, Allure etc. Is there only 1 ship named Allure of the Seas and 1 ship named Oasis of the Seas and so on?...

Only one ship of each name.

I was afraid that poster was asking something way off the charts. Wow, just wow.

From 3 out of 5 Pinnacle shirts stolen, George Steinbrenner, too cheap to tip, and now spare Anthems, I had to check the lunar calendar. Nope, no full moon today. No full moon yesterday, and no full moon tomorrow.

The Internet is a strange place today

I already warned that it was a stupid question. But then again, I am not as experienced as some of you guys are about cruising, so I don't think there is anything wrong with asking. If I can't ask a question about cruising here, where would I?

I thought that when one ship comes back, another namesake ship is ready to leave. And while the other one is gone, the other one is being cleaned and prepared for the next trip and so on.

I thought that when one ship comes back, another namesake ship is ready to leave. And while the other one is gone, the other one is being cleaned and prepared for the next trip and so on.

Like in the airline business, they only make money when they are underway with paying passengers. The business model simply does not allow for spare equipment laying around not making money.