Royal Regular Retreats to NCL - Feb. 20, 2016 "Live" ESCAPE Review

Yorkvillain

• 1 month later...

Thanks for this review. I am trying NCL for the first time and you've done a fantastic job in covering what this ship has to offer. Can't wait to be on her in a couple weeks. Here is good trivia sheet name for next time "ZIDLICKYMYBALLS"

GO RED WINGS

Edited by hockeyguru32

Thanks for this review. I am trying NCL for the first time and you've done a fantastic job in covering what this ship has to offer. Can't wait to be on her in a couple weeks. Here is good trivia sheet name for next time "ZIDLICKYMYBALLS"

GO RED WINGS

Thank you. Have fun. The Escape is a great ship.

I love the Zidlicky team name although only diehard hockey fans would get it. :)

OK finished reading the whole mess. Just wonderful. Neither of us is Sailor Jack, but then again, who is? LOL

I'm off duty till September so you need to go again before that.

Edited by JohnGaltny

OK finished reading the whole mess. Just wonderful. Neither of us is Sailor Jack, but then again, who is? LOL

I'm off duty till September so you need to go again before that.

Lol. Mess is the right word.

July is next for us (Grandeur of the Seas) followed by the Anthem of the Seas in October. A return to NCL is definitely in the works (Escape again or Breakaway) even though my other half is not a big fan of NCL.

Can you say solo cruise in a studio cabin?

Can you say solo cruise in a studio cabin?

How's that idea go over with the wife? I've threatened a solo cruise every time Sue shows any kind of resistance to booking a future cruise. I get the death stare in return... making me think a solo cruise may result in a solo life. :)

That review this week made it sound way too fun.

How's that idea go over with the wife? I've threatened a solo cruise every time Sue shows any kind of resistance to booking a future cruise. I get the death stare in return... making me think a solo cruise may result in a solo life. :)

That review this week made it sound way too fun.

Lol. I pretty much got the same reaction. Death stare, "you would really go without me?", etc.

I would like to try a solo cruise once. I just don't know how I can pull it off without having to do damage control at home.

• 5 weeks later...
Yes he is. He's sailing on May 28th. That should be a great live review as always.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Great Review and Photos. . .Yes I will be posting "LIVE" on Divina . . . Just 2 more weeks !

Radio

;);)

SOME FINAL THOUGHTS

We had a fantastic time and I would absolutely love to sail the Escape again one day. I guess it is a sign that you are having a great time when you don’t go to the gym once all week (either that or I'm just a lazy SOB). I have no complaints about the food, staff, activities, entertainment or stateroom. My favorites parts of the ship are the Grotto, the Waterfront (especially the 5 O’Clock Somewhere Bar) and the waterslides.

If I have to nit pick I would say the negatives are the cluttered pool deck, the wifi kicking me off constantly and the movement of the ship. However, none on these negatives will prevent me from cruising the Escape again.

Long wait times at the bars? Ship too smokey? I never experienced either of these. This is one great ship. Well done NCL.

Thanks for following along and thanks for all the nice comments.

Tim

THE END

19eb709b39b89ff6da3cc69a22a19075.jpg

Fantastic review! Thanks.

Couldn't resist quoting speedo-man pic!

Great Review and Photos. . .Yes I will be posting "LIVE" on Divina . . . Just 2 more weeks !

Radio

;);)

Thanks Mark. I'm looking forward to your Live Divina review.

Fantastic review! Thanks.

Couldn't resist quoting speedo-man pic!

Wait, I didn't post any pictures of speedos! Who put that there?!?!? :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Thankfully I didn't encounter any bed bugs on the Escape.

Edited by Yorkvillain

• 1 month later...
Thanks Mark. I'm looking forward to your Live Divina review.

Wait, I didn't post any pictures of speedos! Who put that there?!?!? :)

I'm glad you enjoyed the review. Thankfully I didn't encounter any bed bugs on the Escape.

Wait! I just finished your review. ( I know, a little late for the party!) Did you encounter bed bugs on another cruise?? They totally freak me out! That is a nightmare scenario for me at any hotel or cruise ship!

Thanks for the great review. Loved the humor! And Del Rio! Haha!!

Wait! I just finished your review. ( I know, a little late for the party!) Did you encounter bed bugs on another cruise?? They totally freak me out! That is a nightmare scenario for me at any hotel or cruise ship!

Thanks for the great review. Loved the humor! And Del Rio! Haha!!

Thanks for reading.

Thankfully I have never experienced bed bugs on any ship.

• 2 weeks later...

Just came across your review...marvelous! Up to your usual high standards. I really enjoyed it, however, I could have done without the picture of the green tea cake and green ice cream!:eek:

Edited by SailorJack

Great review, thanks. Sat down for a few minutes, found your review and how many hours later!:eek:

Just one thing, I think Del Rio would have really enjoyed the grotto. If you had just let him curl up and relax on one of the "rocks" for a bit to people watch and see who came by. I'm sure no one would mind a rat lounging in the grotto ......:D

Just came across your review...marvelous! Up to your usual high standards. I really enjoyed it, however, I could have done without the picture of the green tea cake and green ice cream!:eek:

Thank you Dr. Jack. The green tea ice cream was actually pretty tasty. I could go for a big bowl of it right now actually. My lactose-intolerant stomach thinks otherwise.

Great review, thanks. Sat down for a few minutes, found your review and how many hours later!:eek:

Just one thing, I think Del Rio would have really enjoyed the grotto. If you had just let him curl up and relax on one of the "rocks" for a bit to people watch and see who came by. I'm sure no one would mind a rat lounging in the grotto ......:D

Thank you. Now I'm wondering: would NCL cruisers rather see my fake rat Del Rio in the grotto or the real Del Rio? Hmmm. Rat Food for thought.

Edited by Yorkvillain

My biggest concern when booking this room over a year ago was to not have those teeny tiny balconies like on the -Away ships. So I booked a large balcony room (9734). It's a good size with one lounger, 2 regular chairs, 2 tables and one rat.

63f41954fc40d836c36b1a0f039bb7c5.jpg

bfedc235d1daf576aa05a988e4a45e75.jpg

eb4f5eb307812e0f51b89a357c2a3e56.jpg

Thinking of booking this category for our next cruise on the Escape. Did you feel a lot of motion being this far forward? Would you recommend this room over a mid ship standard balcony on deck 11?

Thinking of booking this category for our next cruise on the Escape. Did you feel a lot of motion being this far forward? Would you recommend this room over a mid ship standard balcony on deck 11?

I didn't feel any more motion in the room than I did in the rest of the ship.

I would not get that room again though. I didn't like standing at the railing with the people right below us and all the people above us looking at us. There wasn't much privacy. I love the ship but I would get a different room next time.