Royal Regular Retreats to NCL - Feb. 20, 2016 "Live" ESCAPE Review

Yorkvillain

He was the MVP of the trip.

Well, the older Boston guy who left with the younger Ontario girl gets a ton of votes too.

Were there any Alpha Alpha Alpha calls after they left?

Thank you once again for the review. I felt as if I was on the Escape with you. Your sense of humor is wonderful. From the trip to the accountant, I knew here will be lots of fun to follow.

Thanks! Glad you enjoyed it.

Thank you for the great live review. We were on the first cruise out of Hamburg, Germany to Southampton, England. Only 3 days and so much to see and do we did not see everything we wanted to.

I binged you and thedougout this week and it brought back great memories. I have not read CamaCama yet but look forward to it.

Tobacco Road and The Brew House were definitely our favs, Loved your wanderings each night.

Thanks for letting us tag along.

Lynda

Thank you for the great live review. We were on the first cruise out of Hamburg, Germany to Southampton, England. Only 3 days and so much to see and do we did not see everything we wanted to.

I binged you and thedougout this week and it brought back great memories. I have not read CamaCama yet but look forward to it.

Tobacco Road and The Brew House were definitely our favs, Loved your wanderings each night.

Thanks for letting us tag along.

Lynda

My pleasure. Thank you.

Sad to see it end... such a fun review! To everyone above who mentioned my review (I hope you enjoy it!!), it's nowhere near these awesome live reviews but if you have kids it'll hopefully help answer some questions. :D I think we need to do Escape kid-free someday...

Specialty Dining Question -

I know this somewhat off topic, but this thread has a lot of participants. Has anyone noticed the price to buy SDP (3 nights) on board? I am trying to determine if there is a price difference between buying on board vs. online in advance.

Thanks for the help.

Specialty Dining Question -

I know this somewhat off topic, but this thread has a lot of participants. Has anyone noticed the price to buy SDP (3 nights) on board? I am trying to determine if there is a price difference between buying on board vs. online in advance.

Thanks for the help.

The price of the 3 day UDP recently increased to an online price of 69.00, plus 18% gratuity. This reflects a 10.00 saving over buying on board. The link is below. https://www.ncl.com/onboard-packages/dining-packages

Sad to see it end... such a fun review! To everyone above who mentioned my review (I hope you enjoy it!!), it's nowhere near these awesome live reviews but if you have kids it'll hopefully help answer some questions. :D I think we need to do Escape kid-free someday...

Thank you. Your review is definitely one of the best though!

I liked it and I would definitely return.

The taxi from the ship to the beach was $8pp. There was no charge to use the beach. Beach chairs cost $5 to rent.

The water was clear and beautiful. I think my favorite part is that it is shallow pretty far out. It takes a while before you can no longer stand with your head above water.

The chairs were a little old and beaten up but the water is nice and the beach was not crowded at all. I want to give Cane Garden Bay a try whenever we return to Tortola but I would have no problem going back to Brewers.

I was wondering how Brewer's was - we were in your sailing also and ended up going to Cane Garden which was great. Same pricing to get there and rent chairs. They had facilities, a restaurant, and a bar every 20 ft along the beach.

The water was warm and the beach had fine soft sand that you could really sink your feet into. The way there and back had some of the nicest views !

Too bad we had to leave so early.

Thanks. O'Sheehan's is all complimentary and the UBP works there! Great place. Have fun!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Except for the milkshakes - which were worth every penny!

I was wondering how Brewer's was - we were in your sailing also and ended up going to Cane Garden which was great. Same pricing to get there and rent chairs. They had facilities, a restaurant, and a bar every 20 ft along the beach.

The water was warm and the beach had fine soft sand that you could really sink your feet into. The way there and back had some of the nicest views !

Too bad we had to leave so early.

Thanks for the Cane Garden info. I'll definitely check that beach out the next time we are in Tortola.

Hi, All! I mostly lurk but feel compelled to ask a question, though, first, I'd like to say I enjoyed reading every single page of your review. This will be our first NCL cruise on the May 14 voyage. Did you do the disembarkation on your own or the scheduled one where I assume as with Carnival and RCL you leave your luggage out in the hallway and pick it up after getting off the ship? We won't be taken to FLL until 11 a.m. Thanks!

Great review! Thanks for sharing. My wife and I will be on the Escape in August, really looking forward to it after reading about your experiences. It's going to be a long 5 month wait. :(

Loved this review!!!!

I have to say, my first NCL experience has me now looking at them first and possibly only now!

Next up Getaway!!!

Thanks for the entertaining review - sure hits the spot when we're in the withdrawal phase. :)

Thanks. Glad you enjoyed it.

Hi, All! I mostly lurk but feel compelled to ask a question, though, first, I'd like to say I enjoyed reading every single page of your review. This will be our first NCL cruise on the May 14 voyage. Did you do the disembarkation on your own or the scheduled one where I assume as with Carnival and RCL you leave your luggage out in the hallway and pick it up after getting off the ship? We won't be taken to FLL until 11 a.m. Thanks!

Thank you.

We put our luggage in the hallway around 11pm on the last night. Disembarkation went very smoothly in the morning. They called our number, we walked off, grabbed our luggage with a porter and then went through customs. Very easy.

Great review! Thanks for sharing. My wife and I will be on the Escape in August, really looking forward to it after reading about your experiences. It's going to be a long 5 month wait. :(

Thank you. Have fun in August. It is definitely worth the wait.

I LOVE your avatar by the way!

Thank you. Have fun in August. It is definitely worth the wait.

I LOVE your avatar by the way!

Thanks. Nice win against the Rags last night despite Strait-Zidlicky and Halak's unnerving goaltending.