Looks Like they are still trying to fool us

SeaGoingDAD

Umm space to store that water cost money in OH, just like inventory in a factory, and they have to pay the employees who deliver that water to your room. You really have no clue.

Lol, so you're telling me they had to buy a warehouse for the sole purpose of storing water? And they hired employees who's only job is delivering that water? Oh, please... :confused:

Lol, so you're telling me they had to buy a warehouse for the sole purpose of storing water? And they hired employees who's only job is delivering that water? Oh, please... :confused:

Are you saying the space used to store the water doesn't cost them money and they don't pay the employees who deliver the water??? Because I didn't say they buy a warehouse for storing or hired employees for the sole purpose of delivering water. I said these were OH/indirect costs....but costs of having water delivered to your room just the same. Just like in manufacturing you don't just have the cost of the raw materials and direct labor as the total cost of your product. You have to include the overhead/indirect costs such as your material handler and your electric/heat for the space you are manufacturing your product and storing your inventory. (Spoken like the accountant I am in a manufacturing company.)

Edited by Warm Breezes

And do you figure in your cost for Internet service, wear and tear on your laptops and desktop, electricity being used, programs you need to buy, time spent on working on and designing these websites, etc..? I bet your making a pretty penny profit? I bet you charge much more than if I was to do the work, right?

What has any of this got to do with carnival trying to get customers to accept lower levels of service and frame it as "the customers choice". Sorry, I just don't see what the logistics of water bottle delivery has to do with this.

What has any of this got to do with carnival trying to get customers to accept lower levels of service and frame it as "the customers choice". Sorry, I just don't see what the logistics of water bottle delivery has to do with this.

Sorry. Got confused as to which thread I was on when the conversation drifted to the $1 water increase from the service cards being trialed on the Dream and Triumph. Sometimes things like that happen on these threads :).

Edited by Warm Breezes

Are you saying the space used to store the water doesn't cost them money and they don't pay the employees who deliver the water??? Because I didn't say they buy a warehouse for storing or hired employees for the sole purpose of delivering water. I said these were OH/indirect costs....but costs of having water delivered to your room just the same. Just like in manufacturing you don't just have the cost of the raw materials and direct labor as the total cost of your product. You have to include the overhead/indirect costs such as your material handler and your electric/heat for the space you are manufacturing your product and storing your inventory. (Spoken like the accountant I am in a manufacturing company.)

Absolutely not. I'm saying they were already paying for those things and didn't need to raise the cost to cover the OH. If $2.99 didn't cover all the costs they would have charged more to begin with.

Am I on another world here? Do you know what the OH costs are?? You do realize we live in a planet that prices go up every year for pretty much EVERYTHING! My home internet just went up $10 a month. I am getting the same service. Do you know WHY it went up? Do you understand this process?

In still waiting for you to answer the other questions about your IT and Website work. Maybe, I doubt it, but maybe you will understand and learn something

I can give them the benefit of the doubt on cost of the amount of water needed to fill the bill to equate almost to bringing your own..and changing it up one dollar...even though technically a big increase they are trying to keep it cheap for people that just wanted to bring water IMHO. It does cost them some..they needed to learn how much entire cost since people can not bring it..that is a learning curve. The rules changed due to alcohol and anything else that could be easily done with the bottles...I think it may be a security thing on many levels, not just cost of revenue lost to smugglers...too bad that security is affecting all of our freedom to a degree. It is certainly not much more than bringing your own water..not at all similar to other line's costs.

Edited by sjn911

Am I on another world here? Do you know what the OH costs are?? You do realize we live in a planet that prices go up every year for pretty much EVERYTHING! My home internet just went up $10 a month. I am getting the same service. Do you know WHY it went up? Do you understand this process?

In still waiting for you to answer the other questions about your IT and Website work. Maybe, I doubt it, but maybe you will understand and learn something

I'm not going to go into my business here... it really has no place in this discussion.

I don't know exactly what it costs them but neither do you. The price going up $1 in 6 months, I just see it going up and up from there. At what point do you say it's too much?

I don't know why you're coming down so hard on me. There's many people complaining about the cutbacks and diminishing service. There's a whole thread dedicated to complaining about the $1 increase in water. I'm not a complainer here. There are few things that bother me at all and even then I won't go on and on about them. I'm done talking about this, I made my point. :cool:

I can tell you have no idea how a service business works. Have you ever been to a gas station, CVS, pizzaria? Have you ever bought 1 small bottle of water? What's the cost? $1? $1.50?

Do you understand that it costs Carnival money to buy the water? Pay the employees to put it on board? To store it? To deliver it to your room?

At $2.99 for a case of 12, how much do you really think Carnival is making?

Do you understand that this is a business? That the idea is to make money? Do you also understand that prices of things go up? It's the way of the world.

Are you one of those people who complained about the little chocolates not being on the pillows? How do you know that the price wasn't raised and Carnival thought it was to high?

Why do people always think they should get something for free??

Do you work? Why should you get a raise for doing the same job you have been doing for the past 10 years? Because the cost of living rises, you need more money. Why in your mind does this not also apply to Carnival or any business?

Free stuff is available 24/7 at John Heald page. All you have to do is go beg. Pretty sad that so many do.

I'm not going to go into my business here... it really has no place in this discussion.

I don't know exactly what it costs them but neither do you. The price going up $1 in 6 months, I just see it going up and up from there. At what point do you say it's too much?

I don't know why you're coming down so hard on me. There's many people complaining about the cutbacks and diminishing service. There's a whole thread dedicated to complaining about the $1 increase in water. I'm not a complainer here. There are few things that bother me at all and even then I won't go on and on about them. I'm done talking about this, I made my point. :cool:

They just added bottled water to the list of beverages available on Cheers! So they have to make their money back somewhere. And the value of Cheers! Just went up with no price increase if you pre-purchase it.

Never stayed in a hotel that serviced a room twice a day. Most times if it was multiple days they never came in and if you wanted fresh towels you'd have to ask. BUT in the cruise business this is considered normal. Just another cost cutting by Carnival although this one makes sense.

Taking tips away from the hard working individuals on board to get back at Carnival is a horrible way to go about things. :mad:

Personally, I don't see how someone could go to Guest Services and pull their tips and still be able to look at themselves in the mirror.

If I can't get AM and PM service on the Dream (doubtful after research) I would just not pay the extra we normally give the stewards. I would never, ever pull the standard tip. If service was so horrendous onboard I would just take advantage of the Vacation Guarantee and get off at the first port.

Personally, I don't see how someone could go to Guest Services and pull their tips and still be able to look at themselves in the mirror.

Some people have no problem at all, some are astonished when they get onboard and see the addition to their bill for the "tips", furious would be correct actually. It their minds the cruise is paid for and that's it. What the heck is this fee? So if you look at it that way, going to GS and "demanding" that damn crap be removed from my bill would not cause them any pain....

They just added bottled water to the list of beverages available on Cheers! So they have to make their money back somewhere. And the value of Cheers! Just went up with no price increase if you pre-purchase it.

I guess ;) I would never purchase cheers. Couldn't imagine spending that much on drinks, but that's just me. Then again, I don't buy water on the ship either.

Some people have no problem at all, some are astonished when they get onboard and see the addition to their bill for the "tips", furious would be correct actually. It their minds the cruise is paid for and that's it. What the heck is this fee? So if you look at it that way, going to GS and "demanding" that damn crap be removed from my bill would not cause them any pain....

Regardless, it should

When Carnival launched the comfort matters form, it appeared they were going to once a day room service.

And we were told no, you could order both if you like, but passengers were still coming back saying the stewards were telling them one or the other. This still is being reported. Other are claiming there's no form, or no change to service.

So we were told they would revise the form to include the verbiage BOTH to clear up the confusion. But we were told it would be a while because SO many forms were printed up.

So now the new form appears to have been printed. The word BOTH is missing, and it still says to choose the best time, and not TIMES. Again, the verbiage "select all that apply" is extremely vague.

So I believe "we" are still being steered toward once a day service.

Yep. And now all the "mini bars" will be empty. Soon we will be asked to bring our own towels and sheets. You know, to save the stewards time.

Sherry

Yep. And now all the "mini bars" will be empty. Soon we will be asked to bring our own towels and sheets. You know, to save the stewards time.

Sherry

How is the emptying of the mini-bar Carnival's fault? I blame the customers that constantly empty it by themselves or demand their steward empty it so they can fill it with their cans of Shasta. I won't buy anything from them anymore. Who know how many times that $6 can of beer has been cooled and warmed back up.

I would not ask a hotel to empty the mini-bar so I can put all my stuff in it.That's just low-class. I wish Carnival would RFID the items just like other hotels do and the second someone removes it, they are charged. That will stop people from treating it like their own personal fridge.

How is the emptying of the mini-bar Carnival's fault? I blame the customers that constantly empty it by themselves or demand their steward empty it so they can fill it with their cans of Shasta. I won't buy anything from them anymore. Who know how many times that $6 can of beer has been cooled and warmed back up.

I would not ask a hotel to empty the mini-bar so I can put all my stuff in it.That's just low-class. I wish Carnival would RFID the items just like other hotels do and the second someone removes it, they are charged. That will stop people from treating it like their own personal fridge.

Relax.

Maybe Carnival should remove the fridges all together. Problem solved

Am I on another world here? Do you know what the OH costs are?? You do realize we live in a planet that prices go up every year for pretty much EVERYTHING! My home internet just went up $10 a month. I am getting the same service. Do you know WHY it went up?

because people smuggling booze on board?...it always goes back to that 30xebs5.gif

This thread started off pretty good anyway...good stuff 30xebs5.gif