Cheers Program Enhanced :)

kimnicki

while I am sure some bartenders allow this , its still against the rules.

Can you show me where it says this is against the rules. (Not doubting you, just asking) Rules do state you can purchase for friends during your 15 drink allotment. Never been questioned by any bartender on my 3 cruises with cheers.

Edited by Podna's

Can you show me where it says this is against the rules. (Not doubting you' date=' just asking) Rules do state you can purchase for friends during your 15 drink allotment. Never been questioned by any bartender on my 3 cruises with cheers.[/quote']

I can tell you from experience, the decision for this is directly the bartenders. If you befriend a few bartenders, you will have no problem 'buying for friends' towards the end of your daily limit. What I found to work the best if you are a beer drinker is around 12/13/14, start buying buckets instead. They will charge one to your cheers account, but then you get 4 more in a bucket with ice...

There are also bartenders who are extremely by the rules and will under no circumstances allow you to buy when you get to the end. You have to have friends who dont have cheers and you can point to that you are buying for. Even then they dont like it.

I have atleast 6 cruises with Cheers under my belt...

Restrictions:

Must be 21 or older to purchase and agree to not give to minors.

Each adult (21 and over) assigned to the same stateroom must purchase the program.

Guest must purchase the program for the entire cruise.

Only one drink at a time may be ordered, and sharing is not allowed.

There is a 5 minutes wait time between ordering drinks.

Program allows for up to 15 alcoholic drinks per 24 hours period (6am-6am). After the limit is reached, guest will not be served any additional alcoholic drinks.

Guests sailing from New York and Galveston will not be able to activate the CHEERS! program until Day 2.

That's taken directly from the website. not sure what isn't clear about it. Sure you can try to break the rules, but that's a personal choice.

New Cheers program question. ..

I do not see where it excludes tubes, pitchers or buckets, anymore, but the following statement is listed:

"Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets" is not allowed.

This leads one to believe that tubes, pitchers and buckets are allowed to be purchased but not shared. If so I would guess that those would count multiples towards your 15 drink limit.

Hmmm....

Thoughts?

-F-

I do not see where it excludes tubes, pitchers or buckets, anymore, but the following statement is listed:

This leads one to believe that tubes, pitchers and buckets are allowed to be purchased but not shared. If so I would guess that those would count multiples towards your 15 drink limit.

Hmmm....

Thoughts?

-F-

Beverages excluded from the program are:

• Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses
  • Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered at the gangway
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs
  • Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets
  • Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

The way I read that is: 5 different types of items listed as not included:

• sharing cocktails
  • floaters
  • pitchers
  • tubes
  • buckets

I think they are using the term "sharing cocktails" to refer to those big "drinks for 2", like the huge-flaming-volcano-in-a-bowl-with-two-straws that you can get at some Chinese restaurants.:) "Sharing" would be a descriptor in this case, not a verb. Am I making sense? I know what I mean, but I don't know if I'm wording it well.:o

Edited by ShakyBeef

Royals drink prices are out of line. The fanatics love to use arguments about sports arenas or high end resorts; a cruise ship is neither of those. I remember the days well of drinks on cruises being priced well below land prices, and even 10 or so years ago they were on par/slightly cheaper than land still. Now, especially on Royal and NCL, the a la carte prices of drinks significantly exceeds many bars and restaurants and I am in the Palm Beach area of Florida; not exactly bargain bars in West Palm and Boca Raton.

Sailed Royal for the first time last March. Drink prices were crazy. Almost 15 for a small, weak, and somewhat tasteless pina colada. One was all I had the entire cruise. I drank in port-- better drinks and much better prices.

• Bottles of liquor
  • Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs
  • All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes
  • Food items

• sharing cocktails
  • floaters
  • pitchers
  • tubes
  • buckets

I think they are using the term "sharing cocktails" to refer to those big "drinks for 2", like the huge-flaming-volcano-in-a-bowl-with-two-straws that you can get at some Chinese restaurants.:) "Sharing" would be a descriptor in this case, not a verb. Am I making sense? I know what I mean, but I don't know if I'm wording it well.:o

The restrictions forbid sharing, and the exclusions exclude large shareable drinks, but can you purchase these shareable drinks outside of the program at full price? I've never tried buying a fish bowl or beer tube, but in many cases I've been able to "buy a drink for a friend" to avoid reaching the limit. I imagine the ability to do this is highly dependent on the bartender.

The restrictions forbid sharing, and the exclusions exclude large shareable drinks, but can you purchase these shareable drinks outside of the program at full price? I've never tried buying a fish bowl or beer tube, but in many cases I've been able to "buy a drink for a friend" to avoid reaching the limit. I imagine the ability to do this is highly dependent on the bartender.

Right, I forgot to mention that restrictions forbid sharing of all Cheers! drinks, so that supports my take on "sharing cocktails" being those cocktails-for-two.

But I don't know if you are allowed to purchase those listed items outside of your Cheers! package. You're allowed to 'buy a round', where 1 of the drinks (yours) is free and counts towards your 15, and the rest (those for others) are charged to your S&S at full price. I have been allowed to buy a drink for my friend (who was standing right beside me, and yes, the drink was for her:)) outside of my Cheers! package, but outside of this stated exception and my one experience, I don't know what purchases are allowed outside of the program. You're probably right, since it seems open to interpretation, it probably depends on the bartender.

I think the only exception now is that you CAN purchase a bucket of beers. One will be free from the CHEERS! and the others have to be paid for. The beers paid for DO NOT count against the 15 drink limit.

The rules also state SINGLE SERVING beverages UP TO $50 each....and that souvenir cups/glasses are not covered by CHEERS!

I think the only exception now is that you CAN purchase a bucket of beers. One will be free from the CHEERS! and the others have to be paid for. The beers paid for DO NOT count against the 15 drink limit.

The rules also state SINGLE SERVING beverages UP TO $50 each....and that souvenir cups/glasses are not covered by CHEERS!

not sure you are correct

Beverages promoted and sold in souvenir glasses

Bottles of liquor

Beverages offered at the gangway

Beverages offered through room service, mini bars and/or other in-stateroom beverage programs

Sharing cocktails, floaters, pitchers, tubes and buckets

Beverages offered through enomatic wine machines and self-serve beer stations

All other beverage-related programs including merchandise, cigars and cigarettes

Food items

i guess that they might let you buy is so you can give others beers but there is a discount on the bucket and I think I heard people say they were not allowed

Edited by hftmrock

I have a question about the 15 drinks in a 24 hour period. So, hypothetically, say I do not start drinking until 2pm. I am having a good time and the drinks are flowing and I hit 15 by 9pm. Am I not allowed to have any more drinks until 2pm the next day? I do realize that 15 drinks is a lot but I am just curious about this policy. Thank you!

I have a question about the 15 drinks in a 24 hour period. So, hypothetically, say I do not start drinking until 2pm. I am having a good time and the drinks are flowing and I hit 15 by 9pm. Am I not allowed to have any more drinks until 2pm the next day? I do realize that 15 drinks is a lot but I am just curious about this policy. Thank you!

Your drink counter resets at 6am.

6am to 5:59am is the timframes. If you start drinking at 2pm and get to 15 at 9:00pm, you cant have anymore until 6:00am

Why would you want to you will save money in making the purchase now.

I'm aware of that. But I can actually come out spending less overall if I buy it on day two onboard and drink the wine we bring onboard on day one. Plus I could use my gift cards. I just want to be clear on the options for purchasing it on day 2. Can you or not?. Thanks.

If bartenders are bending the rules for allowing extra drinks, I don't see why the guy a few posts back can't get his brother a soda or two then. He was told in no time flat NO.

Sent from my SCH-I435 using Tapatalk

He was told NO because it's against the rules - however, I'm quite sure that many people bend this rule - especially those that have 4-5 drinks a day (no where near the 15 drink limit) - feeling that getting their friend (or brother) a drink is okay. Personally, though by nature I am a rule-follower, I understand where a person like this is coming from. The rule is in place because if not you'd have people hitting 15 drinks everyday by freely sharing.

But it is a rule - and there are people on here that will waste not one second telling someone that they MUST follow every rule if they are a decent person - I'm sure they are also the ones that never break a speed limit.

Hmmm....

Thoughts?

-F-

Well when you point it out like that it makes perfect sense. Must be the mind reads, what the mind wants.

Thanks for the clarification

-F-

• Bottles of liquor
  • Food items

• sharing cocktails
  • floaters
  • pitchers
  • tubes
  • buckets

Sorry, I meant to quote ShakyBeef not myself.

Well when you point it out like that it makes perfect sense. Must be the mind reads, what the mind wants.

Thanks for the clarification

-F-

Sorry, I meant to quote ShakyBeef not myself.

:p

No problem, glad I could help. I understand the wishful thinking/reading thing - I've done it myself, plenty of times.:D:p:o

Can't wait till someone comes back and shares with us, Exactly what "SINGLE" drinks are priced at $50 or even close to that.

I, too, would love to know that. I suspect what some others have conjectured will most likely come to be: drink prices will be increased across the board, ala NCL and RCI, making purchasing Cheers! more attractive.

What I'd really love to see is an up-to-date, comprehensive wine list, specifically for Pride. I'd love to know what, if any, high end pinot noirs are available by the glass. But I probably won't be so lucky to get that specific information before I board.:o