Enhanced Cheers! program...

blondestickchick

From Carnival:

CARNIVAL ENHANCES CHEERS! PROGRAM – STATEMENT

Carnival Cruise Line has enhanced its CHEERS! all-inclusive beverage program to include a greater variety of non-alcoholic beverages, as well as a wider selection of high quality brand-name spirits and wines by the glass. The enhanced program will be available for purchase March 1, 2016.

CHEERS! is an all-inclusive beverage program that allows guests to enjoy a wide range of alcoholic and non-alcoholic beverages by paying a flat daily rate. Guests must be 21 or older to purchase CHEERS! and everyone in the same cabin must purchase the program.

The following beverages are now available within the enhanced CHEERS! program:

• All spirits, including cocktails, cognacs, whiskies, and other spirits, as well as beer and glasses of wine, costing less than $50 per serving (previously only drinks costing less than $10 per serving were included in the program).

• Sodas, including specialty sodas offered at the Havana Bar on Carnival Sunshine and new Carnival Vista debuting in May

• Zero-proof frozen cocktails

• RockStar energy drinks

• Specialty coffees and teas served in the main dining rooms, specialty restaurants and coffee bars

• 500ml bottles of water served in bars and lounges

• Vitamin Water

• Powerade

• Coconut Water

• Honest Tea

• Large format (1 liter and 1.5-liter) bottles of water in the main dining rooms and specialty restaurants

• 25 percent discount off the menu price for any spirit, cocktail or wine by the glass costing more than $50 per serving

• 25 percent discount off the menu price for wine and champagne by the bottle and larger format water bottles purchased outside the main dining rooms or specialty restaurants

• 25 percent discount off the menu price for all beverage classes and seminars

The cost for guests who purchase the CHEERS! program via Carnival’s web site prior to their cruise is $49.95 per person per day plus gratuities; the cost for the program purchased once on board is $54.95 per person per day plus gratuities.

Still not worth $700 + gratuities for the 2 of us on a 7 day cruise. Our total beverages charges for a 7 day cruise are usually between $50-$100 total (plus our 2 bottles of champagne we bring on board for our morning mimosas). This is why we don't do AI's either....just can't drink enough to justify it.

Still 15/day and no HMC. We were lucky enough to catch Cheers! when it was $37.95 +gratuities on our Freedom cruise.....well worth it for us at that price. Heck we'd probably still do it at $45 (including grats) but that $50+ mark makes it or breaks it for us. We'll bring on our wine, maybe some "extra" and our allotted non-alcoholic beverages and make do...

The enhanced changes are great. No program will meet everyone's needs, but the changes listed today make it perfect for us. Now I can get my coffees in the morning and my wife can get her teas and vitamin waters, plus all the wines and whiskeys will now be included since the $10 cap has been lifted. We cruise mid March and now I am exited about the Cheers program.:)

I've been on many carnival cruises; but I don't recall any drinks at 50 bucks. Have they drastically changed the prices? I checked on the Carnival website and yes, it says 50Usd per serving. Sailing the Breeze on March 6th. Enhanced package is a great deal but what would be 50 bucks? Did they misprint and mean 15.00? Any thoughts? Happy cruising to all!! Bill.

Thanks for posting

The new program is an improvement over the old, but there's still need for changes such as requiring everyone over 21 to purchase it and they still need a tiered option for less drinks. I did it once and found it not to be worth it. Too much pressure to drink more to break even. I prefer local beers and drinks in port so that further dilutes the value of Cheers.

I've been on many carnival cruises; but I don't recall any drinks at 50 bucks. Have they drastically changed the prices? I checked on the Carnival website and yes, it says 50Usd per serving. Sailing the Breeze on March 6th. Enhanced package is a great deal but what would be 50 bucks? Did they misprint and mean 15.00? Any thoughts? Happy cruising to all!! Bill.

I think they're trying to exclude super expensive wine and champagne. I could be wrong, $15 seems right.

Edited by ATL_Miami_Cruiser

Thanks for posting

The new program is an improvement over the old, but there's still need for changes such as requiring everyone over 21 to purchase it and they still need a tiered option for less drinks. I did it once and found it not to be worth it. Too much pressure to drink more to break even. I prefer local beers and drinks in port so that further dilutes the value of Cheers.

It works for me as I like to try new things. Im a beer drinker at home but on a cruise, i want to try everything and at 8.75 plus gratuity...its over $10 a drink. 6 a day and im even. now that they added coffees...sooo worth it!

Am I reading this right? This 50 dollars a day includes all alcohol and soda and coffee? I am trying to understand. We may have a beer once in a while or a glass of wine or champagne, but mostly soda or coffee. Does this include specialty coffee and milkshakes as well?

but what would be 50 bucks? Did they misprint and mean 15.00?

Expensive wines are not sold by the glass, so it isn't that.

Expensive glasses of Port (I've heard of $80 glasses of Port), and Old Scotch are the only things I can think of that could get close to $50/glass.

I've been going back and forth over whether to get Cheers. There's four of us who would all want it and that's a crazy amount of money. I figured bringing on as much wine as we're allowed, buy a wine package and just fill in with whatever else we wanted and it would be cheaper than Cheers. I still think that's the case, but this certainly makes it more attractive.

Not many drinks are over $15 each so I wonder what the $50 means......unless you can get one of those 101oz beer tubes the run bout $25-$30 lol

Some top tequila shots run around $12-$13 and Hennessey XO is bout $13

Still seems like a great deal to me when you add on all the specialty coffees, powerades, water and rockstars you can drink

It works for me as I like to try new things. Im a beer drinker at home but on a cruise, i want to try everything and at 8.75 plus gratuity...its over $10 a drink. 6 a day and im even. now that they added coffees...sooo worth it!

I can imagine what the lines will be like at the coffee shop with this change. I hope they add more manpower behind the counter.