What time to arrive in Southampton?

What time can we arrive at the port, I've completely forgotten?

We are staying overnight in a nearby city, so I want to know what time to book the train for. I'd rather hang about in Southampton, than Bournemouth.

I have done quite a few cruises from Southampton and I only live about an hour's drive away.

I usually aim to get there by 11:00am. That seems to be the optimum time to check in and not hang around waiting to board. Sometimes you can get held up in traffic near the port but that is difficult to predict, depends on number of ships disembarking.

Compare the cost of train fare with taxi from Bournemouth. You might find that it is not a huge difference and worth the extra for the comfort.

Thanks, I thought it was something around there.

A cursory look at a taxi is around £50, and the train tickets are £5.60! (plus about 7 quid in Southhampton from the train station to the port)

Thanks, I thought it was something around there.

A cursory look at a taxi is around £50, and the train tickets are £5.60! (plus about 7 quid in Southhampton from the train station to the port)

If you haven't got too much luggage you can walk from Southampton Central to the port.

We normally arrive around 10.30, by the time we have parked the car, given luggage to porters and checked in boarding is normally starting. Most times we have been on board by 11.00 to 11.15. Rooms have normally been ready around 1.00 to 1.30.

if its the one near the port its about 1/2 mile walk

have a look on google maps

Thanks, yes its the one on the quay. Is it easy to walk or do you have to walk around (if you know what I mean) is 1/2 mile far to walk with cases...sorry got no concept of distance as I walk very little :)

We stayed at the Premier Inn WQ the night before the cruise, crossed through the Holiday Inn's parking straight to the pier. An easy 10 min walk -- check out at 9.50, check in at the pier at 10, boarding at 10.25. Eating the roast beef sandwich at 11.

Edited by dani negreanu

We stayed at the Premier Inn WQ the night before the cruise, crossed through the Holiday Inn's parking straight to the pier. An easy 10 min walk -- check out at 9.50, check in at the pier at 10, boarding at 10.25. Eating the roast beef sandwich at 11.

Wow thanks. Its the Premier inn , not Travel Lodge :rolleyes: that's seems straight forward enough :)

We sailed once from Southampton on the Adventure of the Seas and we had a wonderful time. We arrived (from Singapore), the day before and stayed 1 night pre-cruise at the Premier Inn West Quay. It was a short walk to the port but because of luggage, we took a taxi, which wasn't too expensive (I recall around 5 pounds?)

Here is a video of the Premier Inn experience.

[YOUTUBE]NFUtrUcYPZs[/YOUTUBE]

We sailed once from Southampton on the Adventure of the Seas and we had a wonderful time. We arrived (from Singapore), the day before and stayed 1 night pre-cruise at the Premier Inn West Quay. It was a short walk to the port but because of luggage, we took a taxi, which wasn't too expensive (I recall around 5 pounds?)

Here is a video of the Premier Inn experience.

[YOUTUBE]NFUtrUcYPZs[/YOUTUBE]

Thanks for that, we have also got the meal deal booked, food looks nice :) I think we will probably take a cab save struggling