Cheese plate dessert.....

mwood0612

yes, every dinner, every cruise! I like the cheese plate so much but I prefer it as an appetizer. I order it the first night and tell the waiter that I will be ordering it every evening as one of my appetizers. Since the first cruise that I did this, almost without exception, my cheese platter is either waiting on me at the table when seated or brought with drink order. I like sharing it with others at my table and the ones that are cheese lovers usually end up asking the waiter if they, too, can have the cheese plate as one of their appetizers. I love getting to the table and seeing all those cheese plates! Carnival has the most attentive waiters!

Has anyone ordered the cheese plate as an appetizer instead of a dessert in the MDR?

I've only ordered it as a dessert to take back to the cabin for a late night snack. However, I'm pretty sure I saw it on a table near ours.

It sure won't hurt to ask.

Has anyone ordered the cheese plate as an appetizer instead of a dessert in the MDR?

I order the cheese plate as an appetizer all the time. I enjoy it with my wine before they serve the salad and entree. The waiters have always fulfilled my request without any problems. I had one really good waiter that had my wine and cheese plate waiting for me at each meal.:cool:

Yes, I regularly order the cheese plate as an appetizer. One cruise I ordered it on the first night and the waiter heard me telling my family who was trying to eat all my cheese to order their own. From then on, there were multiple cheese plates waiting on the table for us when we arrived to dinner.

I've only ordered it as a dessert to take back to the cabin for a late night snack. However, I'm pretty sure I saw it on a table near ours.

It sure won't hurt to ask.

I've never taken food from dinner back to my room, but I like this idea. Do you just walk out with the plate of cheese???? Or do you have them wrap it up?

I've never taken food from dinner back to my room, but I like this idea. Do you just walk out with the plate of cheese???? Or do you have them wrap it up?

When I order my regular dessert I also ask for the cheese plate to go. It comes on the regular plated with a cover over it. (Just like a room service order would)

yes, every dinner, every cruise! I like the cheese plate so much but I prefer it as an appetizer. I order it the first night and tell the waiter that I will be ordering it every evening as one of my appetizers. Since the first cruise that I did this, almost without exception, my cheese platter is either waiting on me at the table when seated or brought with drink order. I like sharing it with others at my table and the ones that are cheese lovers usually end up asking the waiter if they, too, can have the cheese plate as one of their appetizers. I love getting to the table and seeing all those cheese plates! Carnival has the most attentive waiters!

This is exactly what we have done for many cruises! Like you, we love starting the meal with the cheese plate.....yummy! Totally agree, Carnival does have super attentive waiters!

When I order my regular dessert I also ask for the cheese plate to go. It comes on the regular plated with a cover over it. (Just like a room service order would)

That's an awesome idea! You've made me a VERY happy puppy!!!!

Does anyone know if they offer the cheese plate through Room Service? There have been many times that would have been the perfect snack.

RC has it on their room service menu but unfortunately Carnival hasn't added it YET!!! I am holding out hope! LOL:D

Yes and I would also add that we brought out own crackers last time. In the future we will add honey, some sort of fruit spread and possibly some candied pecans or other fancy sort of nuts.

Addition to my packing list ~ Ziploc baggies. Transfer the cheese to a baggie so it doesn't dry out in the fridge until I'm ready to eat it. Will they give extra toast slices if you ask?