Recommendations for hotels in Sydney

The trains have a $15 fee built in if going to or from the airport. So Circular Quay (CQ) to the Airport is $18,60 while CQ to Mascot or Wooli Creek (either side of the airport is only $3.60. That is why I said, if more than one person, The taxis is better.

The 400 bus goes to both terminals. It runs from Bondi Junction to Burwood.

There used to be an Airport Bus but that was cancelled to push people to the train which is operated by Airport Link and the NSW Govt. The split is 15% - 85% in favour of the Govt.

Where will you be going?

Many of the larger hotels will have courtesy bus which is included or for a reasonable fee.

Going into the city there is a bus which operates past the airport.

There is also an Airport Train but beware there is a fee for using the station.

When travelling for work I have caught a taxi.You can get a Uber ride too if you use that service.

Getting a private driver would probably be the most expensive option.

We are going to be staying at the Rendezvous Hotel Sydney the Rocks and they told me they don't provide transportation for internationals. Taxi it will be.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

AirBnB is a site where you can seek accommodation from less traditional sources. There can be gems and bargains but you also do not have the safeguards of booking a known hotel. The link is the Australian site. Many offerings are a spare room in someone's house or you can get a flat while the owners are away. You have to read between the lines of the adverts too "An interest in alternative music and a vegan lifestyle" could be a warning sign.

Just saw this on my email. It could suit some here.

Pier one offer on Scoopon

Hi

I have used Airbnb since 2008 from New York to Rio to Sydney etc and never had any issues.

Annie

There is a great little Boutique hotel in Cremorne Point. It is called Cremorne Point Manor. The prices are reasonable and if you book directly with the hotel they throw in morning breakfast.

It's a really easy 5 minute walk to the Ferry Terminal and from there a 10 minute Ferry ride over to Circular Quay. What better way to start your cruise than a Ferry ride on Sydney Harbour. Only downside is that there is only on street parking for anyone that is driving.

• 4 weeks later...

G'day. We are sailing on the Radiance of the Seas on March 28, 2017, and plan to arrive on the 25th, so we need accommodations for three nights.

We will have to readjust our body clocks the first day, but then want to spend two days doing, well, everything.

But right now I am looking for hotel recommendations.

I have been reading, reading, reading the various sites.

Not quite sure of how to find the best location, so I seek your wise counsel on that.

What do you think of these hotels?

Devere Hotel

44-46 Macleay Street Potts Point

Kings Cross

Sydney NS 2011 Australia

Hotel Coronation

5 -7 Park St

Sydney New South Wales 2000

Other recs?

G'day. We are sailing on the Radiance of the Seas on March 28, 2017, and plan to arrive on the 25th, so we need accommodations for three nights.

We will have to readjust our body clocks the first day, but then want to spend two days doing, well, everything.

Not quite sure of how to find the best location, so I seek your wise counsel on that.

Devere Hotel

Kings Cross

Sydney NS 2011 Australia

Hotel Coronation

5 -7 Park St

Other recs?

I don't know either of those.

But the Cross (Kings Cross) is a bit of a rough area.

Depends on the price range you are looking at. If you want a view of the Harbour you will pay $$$$s. If we stay in Sydney for more than a day or two we find it more convenient to book a studio or 1 bedroom apartment. Prices are comparable to a midrange hotel room and more comfortable. Just "Google" Sydney Australia CBD apartments or hotels, find what you like and check them out on Trip Advisor. On our last trip we stayed in the York Apartments which are very central to taxi, buses, trains, supermarkets, shopping and sightseeing, plus walking distance to Circular Quay. This is half the fun when planning a holiday. Enjoy.

IMHO,you are better off staying in the darling harbour precinct.You are then close to opt and white bay,of course you prob will have to taxi to both,(its called a bob each-way).Taxis are everywhere.Just an opinion.Everyone has their favourites.:)

When we got off the Radiance last December we decided to stay a couple of days to see friends etc. Were going to book a a hotel but the prices shocked me. While Sydney is nice as far as cities go, it is a rip-off.

We ended up booking in here and found it excellent. It's not in the city centre but close to transport and everything is easily accessible. There are a few apartments and all seem to be very nice. They include a good breakfast, will pick you up and drop off at the airport. The train will take you to Circular Quay which is an easy walk to the OPT.

Devere Hotel

Kings Cross

Sydney NS 2011 Australia

Hotel Coronation

5 -7 Park St

The first is more your suburban apartment building. Nice area, and you'll probably have good harbour views if you get a higher floor (more likely to the north east side) unless there are obstructions. You'd need to take a train to the city (2 stops), or it's about a half hour walk.

The second otoh is right in the city, so much more central.

Given you only have 2 days here, I'd go for city location as it will make trips out wherever you go a bit quicker.

Devere Hotel

Kings Cross

Sydney NS 2011 Australia

Hotel Coronation

5 -7 Park St

Other recs?

No to both. deVere is too far out and a very basic hotel. Coronation also just a pub in a busy city street but location very central to central downtown area. Try Park Regis a few doors up.

Very handy to your embarkation point (OPT) is the YHA the Rocks. Even thougn it is a hostel, they have large family rooms with ensuite on the top floor at budget prices. Great views from the rooftop and you will see Radiance arrive.

Hi Merion Mom. We are staying at the Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks. I looked at everything and found them to be about as reasonable as you are going to get in any large city. I hope you have a great trip!

Hi Merion Mom. We are staying at the Rendezvous Hotel Sydney The Rocks. I looked at everything and found them to be about as reasonable as you are going to get in any large city. I hope you have a great trip!

Thanks for that suggestion. We are two women friends traveling together, and they seem to only have king beds.

:)

Any thoughts or feelings about

Vibe Hotel

111 Goulburn Street, Sydney, New South Wales 2000, Australia

Stayed there a few times. Not bad, no views, not real central, a fair way from circular quay. Or indeed much except maybe china town.

Have a look at The Grace in York Street, no views but central, or Holiday Inn the Rocks, over th road from the OPT.

Both sometimes have good deals, at other times too expensive, both also have rooms with twin beds or two doubles.

Travelodge may also be worth a look, either Philip Street or York Street again no views but central and York has rooms with two beds.