Cabin service only once a day??

jealdaka

Are there some hiccups in this program? Yes. Are there some miscommunication between top level beards and the thousands of carnival employees? Probably. But I'm a supervisor of only thirty and it happens occasionally. Are they intentionally trying to bamboozle the customers? No...c'mon ! :rolleyes::confused::eek:

To the person that goes by "Hugh"....that posted on John Heald's page... all I have to say is....

Seriously?

Are there some hiccups in this program? Yes. Are there some miscommunication between top level beards and the thousands of carnival employees? Probably. But I'm a supervisor of only thirty and it happens occasionally. Are they intentionally trying to bamboozle the customers? No...c'mon ! :rolleyes::confused::eek:

To the person that goes by "Hugh"....that posted on John Heald's page... all I have to say is....

Seriously?

There is no Hugh. John makes up names and has his minions on here looking for hot topics he can then post about to flame all of his followers. Just read the "questions/comments". They are written in his very English way using his style of writing. I read a lot and when you read one author a lot you know their voice. He can deny it all he wants and his many followers can go to bat as well but I (and others) can see right through this.

Seriously?

I wouldn't get too upset. John Heald makes up many of those "messages" by taking a little from here, a dash from there, adding his own flavoring, bingo, bango, boom.

As I've said before, if the new forms are on the ships, then great.

There is no Hugh. John makes up names and has his minions on here looking for hot topics he can then post about to flame all of his followers. Just read the "questions/comments". They are written in his very English way using his style of writing. I read a lot and when you read one author a lot you know their voice. He can deny it all he wants and his many followers can go to bat as well but I (and others) can see right through this.

I completely agree. He got plenty of followers to focus on the angry words of the supposed Hugh, but this is one topic that seems to have many of his followers genuinely concerned, in light of their own experiences and many reports.

Since this has been going on for months, how hard would it be to switch out all the forms and have a meeting of head stewards to make it very clear there will be consequences if guests are told they can only choose one?

To be honest, it sounds like he took several different complaints and meshed them into Hugh. I posted on his FB page and in Carnival forums asking the same questions (not as nastily though). Some of those words sound like the ones I wrote. While I never said he photo shopped the picture he posted, I wanted to know when the new forms would be on the ships and about their re-training the stewards.

I'm just glad it has been finally addressed. It shouldn't take 2 weeks for an answer to a simple question.

I completely agree. He got plenty of followers to focus on the angry words of the supposed Hugh, but this is one topic that seems to have many of his followers genuinely concerned, in light of their own experiences and many reports.

Since this has been going on for months, how hard would it be to switch out all the forms and have a meeting of head stewards to make it very clear there will be consequences if guests are told they can only choose one?

Very true

John posted on his FB page, explaining the issues with a couple of stewards, that the new cards (with the word both) are on the ships and the issues have been addressed.

And once again there are people telling him he is full of ship. This includes people that have just returned, people that are currently on board, and peoe on ships that ate not even supposed to be on the pilot (splendor being one of them).

If in fact this is not hogwash, how hard is it to contact housekeeping on each of the "six" ships (including those suddenly mentioned) and reinforce the company's policy. To make the passenger have to go to guest services to get their rooms serviced in the traditional twice a day process if they get pushback from their steward is just over the top.

Of course there's no Hugh. It's his immature way of getting a pot shot into those that don't submit to the companies changes while taking a pot shot at Cruise Critic. It is so schoolyard.

It should take no longer than 20 minutes. It didn't even need to be posted on his page. JUST TAKE CARE OF IT.

Which simply tells me they got caught and don't know how to get to their endgame. You can thank Cruise Critic for that.

Don't know if this helps---but here is the form given to passengers, one of the choices is BOTH.

25278065474_5a6b6ed6af.jpg

If you pulled this form off of Facebook, it's probably generated for their benefit, as it appears no one has seen that form as of this date.

Anyone notice the lettering/numbers on the bottom? BC 01/16. Could these have been generated for the Bloggers Cruise Only?

To make the passenger have to go to guest services to get their rooms serviced in the traditional twice a day process if they get pushback from their steward is just over the top.

A guest does not feel pampered and relaxed when they have a disagreement with their steward and have to go to guest services to complain. Carnival should be more concerned about how often this is happening and bring a stop to it.

What made me fall in love with cruising as a family vacation was when I came back from breakfast or dinner and the room had been completely transformed and a clean stack of towels was magically waiting for me. I am not a jeerleader or a cheerleader, just a stressed out mom who wants that vacation experience at an affordable price.

A guest does not feel pampered and relaxed when they have a disagreement with their steward and have to go to guest services to complain. Carnival should be more concerned about how often this is happening and bring a stop to it.

What made me fall in love with cruising as a family vacation was when I came back from breakfast or dinner and the room had been completely transformed and a clean stack of towels was magically waiting for me. I am not a jeerleader or a cheerleader, just a stressed out mom who wants that vacation experience at an affordable price.

Exactly this! We only "found" cruising in 2012 and have been on 5 since. It seems each one has something a little less than the last. Now, personally I don't need the minty chocolates or the rooms serviced twice but the dining room changes and past guest changes were a real blow.

So far we are staying with Carnival because it's the cheapest summer vacation we can take and the newer ships have a lot to keep my teen/pre-teen occupied and happy. Once the kids are grown or feel they are over the waterparks, etc I am so going to try Royal!

That's just it. CruisIng used to be an experience where you could just exist without a care in the world. Now it's, what's included, what's not, what's changed, why can't I do, where do I need to be and when, or not, and becoming just another ordinary experience.

It should take no longer than 20 minutes. It didn't even need to be posted on his page. JUST TAKE CARE OF IT.

Which simply tells me they got caught and don't know how to get to their endgame. You can thank Cruise Critic for that.

I think they honestly thought this was a brilliant way to cut steward services. Offer a "test" form that suggests it's one or the other, let stewards decide how they want to present it, and eventually announce that an overwhelming majority of guests preferred a cheap cruise with top-notch once-a-day service. And then the annoying people on CC and FB demanded a form with the "both" option and wouldn't let it drop. ;)

Wasn't it a cruise critic uproar that caused NCL to reverse their short-lived rule banning people from taking food to their cabins?

I think they honestly thought this was a brilliant way to cut steward services. Offer a "test" form that suggests it's one or the other, let stewards decide how they want to present it, and eventually announce that an overwhelming majority of guests preferred a cheap cruise with top-notch once-a-day service. And then the annoying people on CC and FB demanded a form with the "both" option and wouldn't let it drop. ;)

Wasn't it a cruise critic uproar that caused NCL to reverse their short-lived rule banning people from taking food to their cabins?

You my dear have hit the bulls eye with a pin.

And once again there are people telling him he is full of ship. This includes people that have just returned, people that are currently on board, and peoe on ships that ate not even supposed to be on the pilot (splendor being one of them).

If in fact this is not hogwash, how hard is it to contact housekeeping on each of the "six" ships (including those suddenly mentioned) and reinforce the company's policy. To make the passenger have to go to guest services to get their rooms serviced in the traditional twice a day process if they get pushback from their steward is just over the top.

So......... You are ok with it being resolved or it's not ok?

It sure was! I mentioned that in another thread when a poster thought it was silly to think the brass listen to message boards.

I totally agree that once a day service was a cost cutter that isnt going over too well on the blogs/boards and now the brass has reworked it to include "both".

It sure was! I mentioned that in another thread when a poster thought it was silly to think the brass listen to message boards.

I totally agree that once a day service was a cost cutter that isnt going over too well on the blogs/boards and now the brass has reworked it to include "both".

I just hope they have the stewards service the same number of cabins that they used to, instead of pushing them to be faster and cut corners.

I guess you haven't read the responses. It's quite clear this is quite a mess. And certainly not resolved. And in true tradition, no a peep of a response to the complaints as I've seen a myriad of times previously.

I would agree it could have been handled better, but doing a hypothetical, let's say it is resolved. Would that end the discussion from your perspective?

I read someone post they were going from 20 to 35 cabins.

Even if true, if your room is done to your liking (in terms of the number of refreshes), why do you care? Our cabin steward on the Sunshine last month handled 35 (including the captain's suite I might add) with an assistant. Same for the cabin steward down the hall, had conversations with both of them. They also said the biggest obstacle to getting their job done was getting in the rooms (people sleeping late or staying in their rooms in the evening) which adds value to offering the "option" of alerting what the cruiser would like (including twice a day).