Attn: Long time cruisers

DonOtt

I personally wish that Celebrity would increase the hours of the Elite nightly event so that it ends right before late seating dinner. We like to have a few glasses of wine pre-dinner and with the hours from 5-7, we might not be ready for dinner at 6 to get a few glasses of wine. We usually go to a lounge for about an hour before dinner.

• 1 month later...

I did a search and this was the best it gave me so I dragged the thread back out!! :o

How do you go about getting the Celebrity status? Is there a number to call if it will be your first cruise with Celebrity??

We found the service and food on Celebrity to be a little better than RCCL, the ships are so nice and everything is more low key. That being said, DH thought the ship was boring. We don't climb rock walls, surf or skydive, but we like to watch all the activity. The perks on Celebrity are nice, but no balcony discount. We will probably go back to RCCL but if it were just my choice, I would sail on Celebrity. Their itineraries are more interesting as well.JMHO:)

Lots of misinformation here...

There was also a short period of time between moving the Elite cocktail hours to the Sky Lounge and converting Michael's to a suite lounge that Michael's was basically a craft beer lounge and it is sorely missed. :(

Just go to the Captain's Club section of Celebrity, sign up and then link it to your C&A account. After that, the two accounts are tied and it's all automatic.

I wasn't sure if you could accomplish that online or not so I just called the Captain's Club number from their website, gave them our C&A numbers and they gave me Captain's Club numbers already set to Elite status.

With the most recent cruise, we hit 41 points. For me, it isn't a competition of getting points. If a cruise company is going to offer perks based on a loyalty system AND I like them, I guess if they offer the same or similar itineraries then I can stay with that cruise line. The one I was considering hit all the popular Southern Caribbean ports which is almost exactly what the B2B does on the Adventure.

Earlier this month, my DH and I spent 14 nights on the Adventure. Our two cruises visited nine different Ports (plus St Croix a second time) and had two Sea Days, one on each cruise. Both cruises were excellent and although we have sailed on the Adventure from San Juan several times before, this was the first time we sailed the B2B itineraries. We liked it so well, we went ahead and booked another B2B for 2018 while onboard! The Adventure is a great ship with a great crew and should be even better after it's upcoming drydock.

I hope you have a great cruise no matter what you decide to book!

We stayed with Royal until we reached Diamond Plus ..... Now We feel free to cruise either line. That was "OUR" goal ! Not right or wrong just ours.

That being said I always choose a ship I want to sail and the # of days I have to sail. I really don't care where I'm sailing !! :D

We stayed with Royal until we reached Diamond Plus ..... Now We feel free to cruise either line. That was "OUR" goal ! Not right or wrong just ours.

That being said I always choose a ship I want to sail and the # of days I have to sail. I really don't care where I'm sailing !! :D

It will take us to reach D+ to be able to take some longer cruises, since at that point we will have reached retirement.....and then some cruises on the Celebrity brand that are just undoable for us right now will be very nice to book. For now we love the Royal experience....the activities alone keep us coming back.