How to choose deck level?

popomama

Hi,

Can I get advice on how to choose the deck level? If everything else are the same, between the lower level and upper level, which one we will feel more stable(in other words, less impacted by the sea)?

Thanks.

The lower the deck and more central the cabin, the less motion you will feel. In choosing a cabin, you should also take note of what is on the deck above you and below. It is best to have cabins above and below to minimize noise. EM

If it's rough, you will feel it everywhere...if it's not..deck level doesn't matter. You will only be in your cabin to sleep, anyway.

Totally agree with this. The modern ships nowadays are so large, you don't feel much. If you do, you'll feel it anywhere. I choose my deck like others above, sandwiched between other cabins. If you are one deck above or below a place that plays live music at night, you will hear it. On Allure we heard the loud music from Boleros, but good thing I like latin style music. I also choose a cabin nearer to the elevators/stairways. I dislike walking down the long corridors and dodging people and the stewards carts.

If it's rough, you will feel it everywhere...if it's not..deck level doesn't matter. You will only be in your cabin to sleep, anyway.

Only people who don't suffer from motion sickness can say this. There is a big difference, and at night you want to be on a lower level. Mid-ship cabin with a window - don't get inside, don't get a guarantee.

lower decks & mid ship are better if you suffer from the "motion of the ocean"

Yes the lower the deck and the more mid ship the better.

I would add to this I also look at venues above and below the room. If I believe a venue above the room might be noisy I would not select the room.

Keith

Hi,

Can I get advice on how to choose the deck level? If everything else are the same, between the lower level and upper level, which one we will feel more stable(in other words, less impacted by the sea)?

Thanks.

This would indicate that you need to select a stateroom on a lower deck and about midship. This is where you will find the least motion.

We prefer to be as high as possible and forward for the view.

Doc:D