Over the door shoe organizer

KCCruisin'

I have never seen one at a dollar store. Do you mean an actual dollar store and you paid $1 or those stores where prices are rounded up to the next dollar?

Ours have are about 18" square and have either 5 or 6 pockets on two rows. Bought them at Dollar Tree.

Very useful in Fantasy Class bathrooms and hanging from the hook next to the upper bunk for a 'nightstand'.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I can never remember a time, when myself, wife, and kids, staying in a hotel, or ship cabin ever needed an "overflow" area for toiletries. I can't even imagine bringing that much "accessories" in the luggage.

I traveled for 22 years with 4 people to a room. So I'm experienced with sharing small spaces.

This. Although I do have a small cosmetic/medication piece of luggage that unzips and has a hanger in it. When we get on the ship, I unzip it and hang it in the closet. When we are ready to go, I zip it up and off we go. We keep all of our medications in it at home too so the only preparation is to make sure we have enough of everything before we leave.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Ours have are about 18" square and have either 5 or 6 pockets on two rows. Bought them at Dollar Tree.

Very useful in Fantasy Class bathrooms and hanging from the hook next to the upper bunk for a 'nightstand'.

So weird. We have a Dollar Tree and I check every time and have never seen them. I did score a great dirty laundry bag that has a hanger and opening on the top with a zippered bottom. So easy to unzip when we get home and dump everything to be washed...

Talk about an entitled generation.:mad:

Don't you know those over the door shoe organizers will throw off the balance of all the doors in the neighbouring cabins?

It's all about ME, ME, ME isn't it?:rolleyes:

;) You have to read another whopper of a thread tonight.:)

Okay what was the other thread. I'm off work today and doing laundry. I need something "fun". ;)

So weird. We have a Dollar Tree and I check every time and have never seen them. I did score a great dirty laundry bag that has a hanger and opening on the top with a zippered bottom. So easy to unzip when we get home and dump everything to be washed...

Now that sounds like a great idea! I will have to look for that one for my son to take to camp this summer!

I used to find them at the Dollar Store all the time. At one time I actually stocked up on a few of them, I tend to just throw it out after the cruise. It has been a few years now since I have seen them there. When the kids were in the cabin with me, I loved them because it kept junk off the table. I loved having it in the bathroom to keep all my "stuff" together. I am sure now I could actually cruise without them, but I still tend to bring one or two. The last year or so I have found them on either WISH or HOME. They are apps that I have on my phone.

Could always cut a larger one down to size, adding hanging holes as needed.

I can never remember a time, when myself, wife, and kids, staying in a hotel, or ship cabin ever needed an "overflow" area for toiletries. I can't even imagine bringing that much "accessories" in the luggage.

I traveled for 22 years with 4 people to a room. So I'm experienced with sharing small spaces.

My husband and I have been traveling for 19 years with four people and it got a whole lot easier when we started using the shoe organizer anytime we are staying more than one night. We even use it when we are camping. We don't really use ours for toiletries, but with 4 phones, chargers, sunglasses, sunscreen, pens/highlighters, post it notes, a deck of cards, drink packets, point and shoot camera and charger, extra SD cards, etc. it's really more about everything having it's own place and no clutter.

If you are traveling with kids it is also useful to throw in some of the collapsible bins from the Dollar store to place on the shelves and hold each kids "finds". We have 5 in a room in July. I had 3 in that same size last year and it stayed a mess!! Kids! I am anticipating the use of two over the door hangers and double the magnetic clips for the walls!!!!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G530AZ using Forums mobile app

That's my thought as well. Despite what my husband says, apparently I take a lot less stuff than most people [emoji12]

I had a plastic lined cloth toiletries bag I used for years and a makeup bag. Both fit easily on one of the bathroom shelves. Other bits and bobs I keep on the shelves in the closet - sunglasses, hats, beach bag (usually kept partially packed)

Never had a problem keeping the cabin neat - even with 2 women and 2 young girls in the room. Everyone was assigned a shelf in the closet and one in the bathroom and we were fine.

Having all the shelves for just my husband and I is fantastic [emoji7]

The old faithful toiletries bag has seen better days so I just got one of those organizer bags with the hook from LL Bean and we have even more room than before.

I think I will start a new business and rent out my extra storage space to the over packers [emoji12]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

That's my thought as well. Despite what my husband says, apparently I take a lot less stuff than most people [emoji12]

I had a plastic lined cloth toiletries bag I used for years and a makeup bag. Both fit easily on one of the bathroom shelves. Other bits and bobs I keep on the shelves in the closet - sunglasses, hats, beach bag (usually kept partially packed)

Never had a problem keeping the cabin neat - even with 2 women and 2 young girls in the room. Everyone was assigned a shelf in the closet and one in the bathroom and we were fine.

Having all the shelves for just my husband and I is fantastic [emoji7]

The old faithful toiletries bag has seen better days so I just got one of those organizer bags with the hook from LL Bean and we have even more room than before.

I think I will start a new business and rent out my extra storage space to the over packers [emoji12]

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Not a bad idea for the new business venture. We just got back from a 2 week vacation that included a cruise. Each packed 50 pounds, (she had 60 and I had 40 :D). It included dress clothes and shoes. Each had a pack-back for those items you don't want thrown around in a plane. In the cabin we joked we had so much room, we didn't know what to do with it.

It's like packing "extra" stuff for your "extra" stuff.

Not a bad idea for the new business venture. We just got back from a 2 week vacation that included a cruise. Each packed 50 pounds, (she had 60 and I had 40 :D). It included dress clothes and shoes. Each had a pack-back for those items you don't want thrown around in a plane. In the cabin we joked we had so much room, we didn't know what to do with it.

It's like packing "extra" stuff for your "extra" stuff.

The best part is when it's time to pack to go home. I don't think we spent more than 10 minutes packing up our luggage on the last day.

Also to prepare for our trips, we keep the packing list from the previous year and take it with us on the trip. If there's something we wish we had, we add it to the list. If there's something we didn't need, take it off of the list. This has really helped us keep our stuff to a minimum.

I think I will look for the toiletry bag on a hanger. Main reason I am looking is we are doing a 19 day b2b and want to be organized. I was also able to book 1st class airfare for same price that we went Delta Comfort last time so we can take 2 70lbs luggage each. Oh my! I habe never booked airfare this far in advance.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Forums mobile app

You must not have a daughter! Her stuff would be everywhere.

I think I will look for the toiletry bag on a hanger. Main reason I am looking is we are doing a 19 day b2b and want to be organized. I was also able to book 1st class airfare for same price that we went Delta Comfort last time so we can take 2 70lbs luggage each. Oh my! I have never booked airfare this far in advance.

The best part is when it's time to pack to go home. I don't think we spent more than 10 minutes packing up our luggage on the last day.

Also to prepare for our trips, we keep the packing list from the previous year and take it with us on the trip. If there's something we wish we had, we add it to the list. If there's something we didn't need, take it off of the list. This has really helped us keep our stuff to a minimum.

You must not have a daughter! Her stuff would be everywhere.

Her house is spotless...puts most people to shame. No, she had no need to bring a suitcase of toiletries either. Everyone had a bag. Everyone had a place/drawer/shelf for their stuff. Dirty laundry went into the suitcase daily. Clean stuff slowly depleted on the shelves.

They also carried their own luggage. If they can't lift it than it's too much stuff.

OMG I do the same thing. I love ❤️ my lists!

I think I will look for the toiletry bag on a hanger. Main reason I am looking is we are doing a 19 day b2b and want to be organized. I was also able to book 1st class airfare for same price that we went Delta Comfort last time so we can take 2 70lbs luggage each. Oh my! I habe never booked airfare this far in advance.

Be careful First Class is addicting! We upgraded on our cruise in Europe last August and now I have to at least have premium economy.

Be careful First Class is addicting! We upgraded on our cruise in Europe last August and now I have to at least have premium economy.

That is what I am afraid of. My sister and I went to Europe 9 years ago and she used frequent flyer miles for 1st class for the 2 of us. That was with Northwest and you could fly using less miles. It was great. First time I thought the flight was too short we were enjoying 1st class so much.