Over the door shoe organizer

KCCruisin'

I have been looking on Amazon for a fire resistant over the shoe hanger for my upcoming cruise. Does anyone have a brand and/or link they can provide for purchasing a compliant one for Carnival?

Too many people are confusing "fire resistant" with "fire retardant". All over-the-door organizers, to one degree or another, are fire retardant. The only way one would be fire resistant is if it was made from steel or asbestos.

Too many people are confusing "fire resistant" with "fire retardant". All over-the-door organizers, to one degree or another, are fire retardant. The only way one would be fire resistant is if it was made from steel or asbestos.

Just wondering, but then why would Carnival stipulate this if it was already covered?

Just wondering, but then why would Carnival stipulate this if it was already covered?

Stipulate what? That the over-the-door organizer be fire retardant? Hard to guess. To the best of my knowledge, no fire on a ship has ever been linked to someone's over-the-door organizer.

Thanks for your response, it is confusing.

Just wanted to say in over 45 years of cruising we have never packed a shoe bag. If you need to don't worry about if it's plastic or whatever. If you need it take one for all your shoes take one. If the boat catches fire your shoe sack ain't gonna make no difference

Diamonddaddy

I switched to a travel organizer since all the stuff tends to fall out of the pockets when it's folded to put in the suitcase or take out of the suitcase to hand. The travel organizer is zippered.

Same here, I have a 4 compartment zipper thing that has the metal hanger and cloth tabs as well which holds alot.

The only time we used one is back when my 2 daughters, who were young at the time shared the same cabin with us. Did it just for organization mainly, however, now we just use the 6 shelves that are in the bathroom area. It more than holds all of our belongings and have never had a problem with anything falling off the shelves either.

I had never used one until our last cruise and we loved it. We also have 4 in a cabin.

We didn't really use it for toiletries. My husband is famous for dumping everything in his pockets and all of his crap on the desk area. He liked having a place for his wallet, camera, etc

Used it to store my hair dryer, flat iron, small toys for the kids, goggles, sunscreen.

I have been looking on Amazon for a fire resistant over the shoe hanger for my upcoming cruise. Does anyone have a brand and/or link they can provide for purchasing a compliant one for Carnival?

You should be okay with most organizers made of vinyl or polyester. Avoid one made mostly of fabric. Also pay attention to how it hangs and if it might scratch the door. You can add some felt to the hangers to avoid scratching anything.

I find them very handy to organize all the "junk" I accumulate while cruising and also to organize sunscreen, hats, sunglasses, and flip flops.

I switched to a travel organizer since all the stuff tends to fall out of the pockets when it's folded to put in the suitcase or take out of the suitcase to hand. The travel organizer is zippered.

I pack our stuff in a toiletry bag and transfer it into the shoe organizer after hanging it.

• 1 year later...
I bring one and put on the back of the bathroom door for our extra toiletries that I don't want on the counter. I just got a plastic one at the dollar store and nobody has ever said anything to me.

what dollar store did you buy it at. Thanks

Talk about an entitled generation.:mad:

Don't you know those over the door shoe organizers will throw off the balance of all the doors in the neighbouring cabins?

It's all about ME' date=' ME, ME isn't it?[/font']:rolleyes:

;) You have to read another whopper of a thread tonight.:)

Don't you know those over the door shoe organizers will throw off the balance of all the doors in the neighbouring cabins?

It's all about ME, ME, ME isn't it?:rolleyes:

why would this throw all the other doors off, I'm confused. I plan on getting one with the eyelets and use a magnetic hooks to put on door. I'm a little to old to be from the entitled generation. LOL

I just finished reading that one! What entertainment LOL...I read that Carnival was trying to discourage over the door organizers bc the "hangers" were marking the bathroom doors...I cruise with a teen and it comes in handy for clutter but was thinking of bringing a pillowcase to put over the door then placing the hangers over that

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think I need picture proof on this!!! (and then still deny it exists)!! :')

I bring one and put on the back of the bathroom door for our extra toiletries that I don't want on the counter. I just got a plastic one at the dollar store and nobody has ever said anything to me.

I have never seen one at a dollar store. Do you mean an actual dollar store and you paid $1 or those stores where prices are rounded up to the next dollar?

I always bring one to put things that would have gone in drawers...sunscreen, wine opener, first aid meds, cords, etc. Much easier to find! I put it on the closet door but I put a hand towel on first and then the hangers so they don't scratch the door. I've never had a problem with it. It is lightweight to bring and helps organize.

I can never remember a time, when myself, wife, and kids, staying in a hotel, or ship cabin ever needed an "overflow" area for toiletries. I can't even imagine bringing that much "accessories" in the luggage.

I traveled for 22 years with 4 people to a room. So I'm experienced with sharing small spaces.

Sometime back, a small, zippered, unfolding travel kit was given out as the platinum gift. Being a guy, I gave mine away to a woman at my dining table. She said it was quite useful for sorting and storing small bottles of whatever.

I have never used a shoe organizer. I don't think I bring enough stuff on a cruise to fill 1/10 of the pockets.