Ugh any solution to this - family split between 2 cabins & 2 decks right now!

NJsharon

Very long story but was meant to be a cruise with just hubby & me in oceanview on deck 13 on the Breakaway THIS sunday (March 27th).

Now plans changed & last minute we have to bring our twin 10yr old girls along. Told us no cabins left that hold 4 people. So hubby switched to a balcony guarantee.

Balcony guarantee got assigned yesterday & it is a spa balcony on deck 14. So he does get the spa pass & gets UBP. He is happy. I am not!

How the heck do we coordinate getting ready for dinner, sleeping etc when split between 2 cabins on 2 decks? This was meant to be our 15th wedding anniversary cruise & we can't even sleep in the same bed now!

NCL is saying there are no oceanviews on deck 14 and all spa cabins only sleep 3 max? Is this true?

We also have different boarding times. I have 10.30am, hubby & one daughter have 12.30pm and other daughter has 1.30pm. Can we all board at 10.30am do you think?

Such a mess. Not sure how we can get a cabin together though and NCL is only showing haven available. :(

Those pesky kids can be such an inconvenience. ;)

They of course are thrilled to be going on the cruise with us! LOL

It will be fun with them, of course. Just wish we were all in the same cabin or at least on the same deck close to each other. :(

It's a holiday week, lots of families, I'm sure cabins that sleep 4 are long gone. Boarding won't start until 11:30/12, but I'm sure you can all get checked in together.

ETA, if it was our anniversary, DH would have given me the balcony with the spa pass and UBP!

Edited by mjkacmom

Or, another thought, pay for a grandma or other helper to come along and share the room with the girls.

Unfortunately this is why we are bringing the girls now. All my family is in England. My mum was meant to come stay with the girls here in NJ. She had her visa denied though (long story). So we had to scramble to even get them on the ship.

Unfortunately this is why we are bringing the girls now. All my family is in England. My mum was meant to come stay with the girls here in NJ. She had her visa denied though (long story). So we had to scramble to even get them on the ship.

Yikes! You may want to look into upgrading to rooms attached or close together.

If theres no accomodating cabins, you guys can still find your "alone" time.:D

Hopefully, your kids will participate in the kids club and you can spend time with hubby in cabin during the day. Get a massage for 2 in the spa. Have an intimate meal in one of the Specialty restaurants.

The good thing is your kids have each other for company.:)

Enjoy your Anniversary.

Edited by Cruzinbabe06

Call upsell!! We got 3 rooms next to eachother a few days before the cruise... before that we were scattered around. And this was escape during thanksgiving!

Upsell is 800-625-4309 good luck!!

Edited by CamaCama

Boarding together will not be a issue but getting your rooms close to each other might be, sorry. NCL can not move people because some people want and booked a specific room.

You might be able to get your DD's unused spa pass sticker for yourself if you ask the spa staff nicely showing your cards with 2 rooms. Explaining 1 adult and 1 child are booked in each room. Its a maybe but hopefully they will work with you.

Look online and see if the web site shows any rooms near each other and call with the cabin numbers.

Yes spa rooms only sleep 3.

Its not just the beds (the 4 rooms have Pullmans) its also the muster/life boat occupancy. I was explained that when I booked a room for 6 only booking 4 and asking if I could add another at a later date.

If you aren't able to get cabins near each other (does that really solve your problem if the cabins aren't connecting?), how about speaking with your Steward after things calm down that afternoon, perhaps after muster drill.

Ask if she/he can bring an extra cot or just mattress for the 4th, explaining they are both only 10 years old.

They don't do "bed checks" :), although I don't know if they would participate in "helping" with extra persons sleeping in a cabin.

Then you'd be able to sleep in the same place, while still having the other cabin to help with shower time and just storage space, quiet time, etc.

It's probably worth asking, unless it is obvious that there is simply not any floor space.

Very long story but was meant to be a cruise with just hubby & me in oceanview on deck 13 on the Breakaway THIS sunday (March 27th).

Now plans changed & last minute we have to bring our twin 10yr old girls along. Told us no cabins left that hold 4 people. So hubby switched to a balcony guarantee.

Balcony guarantee got assigned yesterday & it is a spa balcony on deck 14. So he does get the spa pass & gets UBP. He is happy. I am not!

How the heck do we coordinate getting ready for dinner, sleeping etc when split between 2 cabins on 2 decks? This was meant to be our 15th wedding anniversary cruise & we can't even sleep in the same bed now!

NCL is saying there are no oceanviews on deck 14 and all spa cabins only sleep 3 max? Is this true?

We also have different boarding times. I have 10.30am, hubby & one daughter have 12.30pm and other daughter has 1.30pm. Can we all board at 10.30am do you think?

Such a mess. Not sure how we can get a cabin together though and NCL is only showing haven available. :(

You can all sleep in the same cabin at night, they don't do bed checks. You will both be able to keys to each cabin. Your muster station stays the same, but you can sleep in either cabin.

My TA's site shows a guarantee family balcony available. I would call NCL and see if they are willing to work with you. Or as someone previous suggested, call the upsell people. Even if you had to keep your second cabin as-is, you could possibly get one cabin that will still sleep 4.

Actually, this could work out well. You have a dedicated "love nest" - no worry of those pesky kids signing out of the kids club to head back to the cabin unexpectedly. At 10, I would allow my kids to spend time in the cabin alone, maybe watching a movie (with rules like no leaving, no opening the door). You could have alone time even if they weren't in the club.

I've been married over 20 years, our family of 7 crams into 2 connecting balconies. I'd love to be able to sleep in my own cabin on a cruise, and sleep in. Maybe you guys could take turns?

Call upsell!! We got 3 rooms next to eachother a few days before the cruise... before that we were scattered around. And this was escape during thanksgiving!

Upsell is 800-625-4309 good luck!!

I was just going to suggest this myself.

Good luck! Let us know what happens.

Balcony cabins for 4 Available as of 11:00 am 23 March

You beat me to it, but I just wanted to add that both are still available as of this posting.

OP, I'm not sure how much luck you will have getting one of those balcony cabins for 4 since you already have 2 cabins, but it's worth a try.

Nope, just literally got off the phone with Alan & he said he doesn't see anything available. Said if there were any they were probably snagged right away.

Oh well, it'll be okay, we'll just have to juggle some days.

Thanks for the help guys. Will try the upsell dept maybe friday again, see if anything opened up to accomodate 4. ;)