Pre packaged food on ship

I've never had a problem taking crackers with cheese or peanut butter. I think the packets come with 2 stacks of two making four crackers. They're prepackaged and just enough to keep the pangs away. Little bags of peanuts or cashews I find near grocery check outs work, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Just booked a tour in Jamaica, and was told to bring snacks that day. Just wondering what type of food can we bring off the ship? If I'm not mistaken, it has to be pre packaged? We'll be on the Allure, any pre packaged food on the ship we can take?

Have never been on an excursion that suggests to bring snacks. Usually there is a stop somewhere where something can be purchased as you tour. I think it is only prepacked foods that can be taken off legally.

We always bring a big bag of Kirkland Steak Strips from Costco on every cruise. We call it our "insurance policy" against a situation like the Carnival Triumph. We share them on the last night.

They've never been confiscated.

Edited by MichaelCMTX

Thanks everyone! I think it was suggested because of not being sure when we can stop for lunch that day. Sounds like I might be better off just buying something at home here and bringing with. Thanks for the ideas!

We always bring Costco's pre-packaged individual size trail mix to take on excursions that are longer and don't include lunch.

We also pack granola bars, mini candy bars, packaged nuts, and the like. I am a nervous flier and I appreciate the availability on the flights to/from the cruise and we take some with us on long tours.

Add us into the group that always brings something small and prepackaged with us on the ship. They are nice for bringing on excursions or for giving to the preschooler when he is hungry at an inconvenient time.

I always bring some small cracker packs, granola bars, etc with us when we travel. Once flying out to Montana, not for a cruise obviously, we ended up with one delay after another. Smaller airports often have very limited food offerings, especially later at night. We were down to the last of the food we brought with, which just so happened to be a small bag of M & M's. I had to ration out the M & M's between the three of us! Funny story when we think of it now. :D