Show Us Your.......Cabin Door!

firstmate63

I'm very new to cruising (our first cruise in October), but I've been reading everything to do with for a while now. I've heard that some 'decorate' their cabin doors so that they are easier to identify. I would love to do this but am in need of inspiration. Please could you post photo's of your decorated cabins/doors. Also how do you attach them to the door?

Not really decorated but we use a magnetic dry erase board (5x7 from the dollar store). Does two things, lets us find the cabin & leave a message as to where we are. Comes in handy. Have fun on your cruise

I'm very new to cruising (our first cruise in October), but I've been reading everything to do with for a while now. I've heard that some 'decorate' their cabin doors so that they are easier to identify. I would love to do this but am in need of inspiration. Please could you post photo's of your decorated cabins/doors. Also how do you attach them to the door?

I don't have pictures, but we bought some big colorful fish from the party store (they were about $1 each) and we wrote in our cruise dates on them in Sharpie ... for example, Mariner of the Seas XXX, 20XX ... Liberty of the Seas XXX, 20XX. Other people have nicer stuff.

Our next cruise will be for a wedding anniversary, and I'm going to make a banner tied up on string.

I recommend the putty stuff that teachers use to attach posters to classroom walls. It's about .99 for all you'll need for your whole life, and it'll stick to any door, even if it has a "texture" that makes magnets difficult.

Of course, if you're looking to use magnets, you probably have some free pizza magnets on your refrigerator that you'd be willing to sacrifice for the cause.

Edited by MrsPete

I don't have pictures, but we bought some big colorful fish from the party store (they were about $1 each) and we wrote in our cruise dates on them in Sharpie ... for example, Mariner of the Seas XXX, 20XX ... Liberty of the Seas XXX, 20XX. Other people have nicer stuff.

Our next cruise will be for a wedding anniversary, and I'm going to make a banner tied up on string.

I recommend the putty stuff that teachers use to attach posters to classroom walls. It's about .99 for all you'll need for your whole life, and it'll stick to any door, even if it has a "texture" that makes magnets difficult.

Of course, if you're looking to use magnets, you probably have some free pizza magnets on your refrigerator that you'd be willing to sacrifice for the cause.

I live in UK and as far as I know we don't get free magnets with our pizza. I have however been looking on Ebay and have found a good selection. I'm sure you'll decorate extra special for your anniversary, congratulations.

cruisinwithmaandpa love your decorations especially the crime scene one!

• 3 weeks later...

R

I've seen a few comments here and there saying that Carnival's doors are not magnetic. Are they or aren't they? Any input? I would love to decorate our door so it would be a bummer to prepare only to find out that magnets won't work!

We were on a, Carnival ship in February and they were NOT magnetic, Royal and Disney are magnetic though.

Often LESS is MORE so we don't decorate our cabin door! :D

I didn't on our last cruise but I would really like to this time for my husband's family. We surprised his parents with a cruise, and his aunt & uncle are joining us as well. I know it's a little cheesy, but I thought it would be neat to do for them as it is their first cruise.

Sent from my GT-N5110 using Tapatalk

Princess has metal doors so we do bring magnets with us.

Either free advertising magnets or cheap ones found at thrift stores. Leave them when you finish your cruise or bring them home to use on your next trip. They are small so easy to pack.

Having something on the door makes it easy to locate.

Princess has metal doors so we do bring magnets with us.

Either free advertising magnets or cheap ones found at thrift stores. Leave them when you finish your cruise or bring them home to use on your next trip. They are small so easy to pack.

Having something on the door makes it easy to locate.

On our Thanksgiving cruise, a family posted a note saying how they loved our decorations and it reminded them of home, they left their cabin number, so on Thanksgiving Day, we took our decorations off our door and placed them on their 2 cabins. That night after midnight, a guy knocks on the door, I open it he said "sorry wrong room" he used our decorations as a way to know where his cabin was.

Your lack of a comma after "sorry" is incorrect too. I understood what you meant though. Just saying.

Actually, the "but" takes the place of a comma. Just sayin" :rolleyes:

That's awesome! I decided to order a really cute image from a vendor on Etsy with our Ship Name, Cruise Date and family names. I am having posters made on VistaPrint using that image. I can't wait to see how they turn out.

Now I'm very tempted to have shirts made with the image too! I just don't know if the men in our family will find that lame. ;)

Actually, the "but" takes the place of a comma. Just sayin" :rolleyes:

Actually the "but" joins two independent clauses, so the comma is called for.

To separate independent clauses.

You can use commas to separate*independent clauses that are joined by "and," "but," "for," "or," "nor," "so," or "yet."*For example, this is correct: "My brother is very smart, and I've learned a lot from him."

An independent clause is a sentence that can stand on its own. Here's how to test it: Would the second part of the sentence (following one of those coordinating conjunctions) make a full sentence on its own? If so, add a comma. If it doesn't, leave it.

"Sorry" or "I'm sorry" can stand alone. So can "It drives me crazy and is simply incorrect."

Incidently, since my cabin door most likely will not be "magnetic", I intend to bring Command Strips for my door decor. [emoji41]

Actually the "but" joins two independent clauses, so the comma is called for.

To separate independent clauses.

You can use commas to separate*independent clauses that are joined by "and," "but," "for," "or," "nor," "so," or "yet."*For example, this is correct: "My brother is very smart, and I've learned a lot from him."

An independent clause is a sentence that can stand on its own. Here's how to test it: Would the second part of the sentence (following one of those coordinating conjunctions) make a full sentence on its own? If so, add a comma. If it doesn't, leave it.

"Sorry" or "I'm sorry" can stand alone. So can "It drives me crazy and is simply incorrect."

Incidently, since my cabin door most likely will not be "magnetic", I intend to bring Command Strips for my door decor. [emoji41]

I would contend that "sorry" does not stand on its own. What exactly would I be sorry about?

Enjoy your cruise.