Oasis Muster Drill

On our last Oasis cruise, we were assigned an area near Cafe Promenade for the muster drill. Someone mentioned on one of the roll calls that on their last Oasis cruise this past November, they were able to watch it on the cabin tv. Is this the way they are doing the drill now?:confused:

On our last Oasis cruise, we were assigned an area near Cafe Promenade for the muster drill. Someone mentioned on one of the roll calls that on their last Oasis cruise this past November, they were able to watch it on the cabin tv. Is this the way they are doing the drill now?:confused:

On our recent Oasis cruise, our muster station was in front of Guest Services.

SOLAS (and the muster drill format and content are not set by USCG) allows for the lifejacket donning instructions and general safety briefing to be done on TV, if it is on a continuous loop. The SOLAS requirement for the muster drill is simply that all passengers must be gathered in their assigned muster station prior to sailing.

Are the muster stations on Oasis outside, where they line you up to stand, or inside, where you are allowed to sit?

It depends on your assigned muster station. Some are outside (but you are allowed to sit if there is a seat) and some are indoors.

Ours have always been indoors, which is great. The only reason I posted the question is because someone posted that they got to watch it on their cabin tv and that seemed weird to me. Supposedly they didn't have to leave their cabin,

Thanks everyone for your input. :D

On our last 9 Oasis cruises we always mustered in the Aqua Theater.

I'm two for two on Allure at being in the Aquatheater. both times and this time on Oasis I was on deck 12 with a balcony. I wish, but can live without not knowing ahead of time so I can plan my route from muster to my sailaway spot. I've done it from the aquatheater before and have that routine down.

Are the muster stations on Oasis outside, where they line you up to stand, or inside, where you are allowed to sit?

My own observation about Oasis is there is not enough room to have muster stations on the side decks (5, I think). Probably wasn't necessary since there are enough indoor areas to accommodate all PAX for muster stations.

However, I still feel safer having a muster station close to the actual lifeboat deck, since I can imagine in a real emergency "proceed in a calm and orderly fashion" would be a pipe dream.