The Escape Live 4/2!!

Not sure if starting off our trip on the red eye from Denver to Miami was the best decision, but at least we are finally on our way!

c252bbc4a6a4ac2c45265710c935bebd.jpg

9d2dae51245f1bbe0618e1f6fc9ab8b3.jpg

Don't you love Frontier's new seat design? Not only did they take out the TV's, but all of the padding as well. [emoji12]

We checked in to the Hyatt Regency at 6 am and promptly went to sleep. The "we" in this group consists of me (Nikki), hubby Kevin and 15 yr old twin boys Patrick and Aidan. Fifth cruise for me and Kevin, third for the boys. But first on NCL for all of us.

Since this live review will be following oh so close on the heels of the highly entertaining TheDougOut and Yorkvillian, I'm hoping I can live up to what they started. I know it made the time waiting for our cruise go by so much faster and I was sad I didn't get to follow along with someone new every week! Hope you enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Hope you have a great time. They sure don't make airplanes like they used to! We have pictures from when I was a toddler in one of the lounges on one of the airplanes...couches and all! It's a good thing I can't remember that or I would really be disappointed now.

Edited by pats4ever

It'll be interesting to see how well you are able to post....there have been some complaints about super slow internet speeds on The Escape recently.

Hope it works well...I love live reviews.

Definitely interested in this as well. We aren't sailing until January, but once onboard I do need to stay connected for work reasons.

We slept until 11 am and then went on a little walk about downtown to gather provisions we did not want to pack. Then a little pool time in the nice 88 degree weather. And this.

00973e75974d2d69ee7cdd3d35fa7e9b.jpg

Vacation has officially started!

Following! I'm curious if there's someplace near port to purchase a case of water? We'll be flying in from NY and would rather buy there than haul it with us.

Enjoy!!

We are staying at the Hyatt Regency Miami and there is a CVS two blocks away where we picked up a case of water.

We arrived at the pier at 10:00, taking Uber from our hotel ($6.82). There she is!

a4247df6bb8940059ceee96cee4ac635.jpg

By 10:30 we were through security, Freestyle Cards in hand, first obligatory picture taken and sitting upstairs waiting to board.

a52c1346ee18183901afb999140dacb1.jpg

We brought Dr. Pepper, Coke and Diet Coke with us in our carry on. Yes I know soda is included in the UPB but we are die hard Coke people and NCL is Pepsi. And I have to have a Dr. Pepper in the morning and I had read that they don't have it on the ship so there you go. But no issue with those going through security. They didn't even check to see if they were all sealed. We also checked a case of water with our luggage.

We did bring wine on board with us. We brought it in a carry on, knowing we would have to declare it and pay the corkage fee. They took it from the X-ray machine to a nearby table where the nice lady put stickers on each bottle, wrote us a receipt for the charge that would show up on our room bill and told us we were free to start drinking at any time. I do love vacation.

Edited by Gimmiethebeach