Would you switch cabins?

Notquite50

Looking for some advice from seasoned Princess Cruisers - Presently we are booked on the Caribbean Princess in an AFT cabin, specifically B 734 category BD on the Baja deck. I was checking out prices today and discovered there is a different cabin located mid ship on deck 14, specifically R516 Category: BC

Location: Mid-Aft. Deck: 14 (Riviera). The difference in price is minimal - it would actually just be a savings of $20 if we move to deck 14. The reason I even consider changing is because my friend can experience mild sea sickness but I fear moving to deck 14 will be noisy. Would love to hear what you would do. Thanks!

I love the aft cabins. I think your friend will be fine. I too get sea sick but dont have any problem in aft cabins. We have been on the Caribbean 3 times and that is a great cabin.

Edited by tooner1977

We have sailed in many aft balcony location cabins and have never had a problem with seasickness! Many times the wake facing cabins.

On the royal and regal we have found delightful forward facing balcony cabins and still no problem for us.

Last month we sailed on regal mid-back of ship on dolphin and no problems here either.

The cabin on the Rivera deck is directly under the pool so you might hear lots of chair noise from above. Personally never choose these cabins.

Love the aft cabins. Never have any problems with motion sickness. It is really nice to use the back stairs for easy access to the back pool and Lido deck.

I would keep your original cabin.

Looking for some advice from seasoned Princess Cruisers - Presently we are booked on the Caribbean Princess in an AFT cabin, specifically B 734 category BD on the Baja deck. I was checking out prices today and discovered there is a different cabin located mid ship on deck 14, specifically R516 Category: BC

Location: Mid-Aft. Deck: 14 (Riviera). The difference in price is minimal - it would actually just be a savings of $20 if we move to deck 14. The reason I even consider changing is because my friend can experience mild sea sickness but I fear moving to deck 14 will be noisy. Would love to hear what you would do. Thanks!

You have a very nice cabin.

Do yourselves a huge favor. Do not switch cabins. There will be no more of an issue with seasickness in an aft than other locations. If you are under the Lido you will regret it. Bring Bonine, take one or two a day. No problems.

Stay where you are. It should be mentioned that if you did not advise your T.A. or Princess to have your booking marked "no upgrade" then it is possible that Princess will upgrade you to a higher category in a different location on the ship. Also, B734 and R516 have identical interiors as well as the same size balconies. The only difference is what Princess considers to be a better location on the ship, but not always better in the passenger's mind.

If you move, you just made one big mistake! The Lido deck will be right above you. You will hear MUTS all day and at night, you will hear people clomping above, you will hear chairs moving and scraping the deck. I wouldn't do it if the cruise were FREE! Been down that road and I thought I was getting an upgrade. Worst mistake we've made in cruising was getting a cabin below Lido.

Current cabin: Excellent location

Possible cabin: Directly below the pool.

Easy choice for me. I would normally get horribly seasick even in gentle seas - a tender ride would barf me out - so I just get the patch from my doctor and never get sick even in storms. Our favorite cabin to date was an aft-facing balcony.

Rule of Thumb among experienced cruisers:

Book your cabin on a deck that is located between passenger decks....always.

I once had a balcony on Aloha deck directly below the Lido pool area. Oddly enough, we had zero issues with noise. I know that everybody says it's horrible with chair scraping, MUTS, etc. but we didn't experience any issues at all.

We sailed on Star Princess and we were in A408. If you check the deck plans you will see that cabin is directly below Neptune's Reef pool. It was a 15 day SF/Hawaii cruise and we used the balcony a lot. We slept great with no noise issues.

Our son was right down the hall in A312 which is an interior HC cabin (he likes the dark for sleeping in late) and it was directly beneath Prego Pizzeria, Mermaid's Tail Bar, and Trident Grill. He didn't have any noise issues either.

I once had a balcony on Aloha deck directly below the Lido pool area. Oddly enough, we had zero issues with noise. I know that everybody says it's horrible with chair scraping, MUTS, etc. but we didn't experience any issues at all.

We sailed on Star Princess and we were in A408. If you check the deck plans you will see that cabin is directly below Neptune's Reef pool. It was a 15 day SF/Hawaii cruise and we used the balcony a lot. We slept great with no noise issues.

Our son was right down the hall in A312 which is an interior HC cabin (he likes the dark for sleeping in late) and it was directly beneath Prego Pizzeria, Mermaid's Tail Bar, and Trident Grill. He didn't have any noise issues either.

You have been fortunate.