gripe/rant

LHT28

If you are a barefoot individual as I am the mats are very useful during the night as you can wipe your feet after a visit to the sandbox prior to re-entering bed. I like them and feel all upscale accomadations should have them.

Very funny.

However, if you actually were to try to wipe your feet on those mats you would be very disappointed. All they will do is wrinkle up under your feet into a big mess :eek:

• 2 months later...

Sailed yesterday evening from Seattle on Regatta to Alaska.

Upon returning to our cabin in the evening, there were no 'placemats' at our bedside....yea!!! I wonder if now they are no longer an automatic, but something that you need to request from your cabin steward. I will not miss them at all. :D

Sailed yesterday evening from Seattle on Regatta to Alaska.

Upon returning to our cabin in the evening, there were no 'placemats' at our bedside....yea!!! I wonder if now they are no longer an automatic, but something that you need to request from your cabin steward. I will not miss them at all. :D

Let's hope they are truly gone :D

Nope. On Nautica now and find the damn things every evening

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Who cares one way or the other. Much more important things to worry about. :confused::confused::confused:

I find them useful to wipe the dust off my feet before getting into bed. I don't find them to be a slip hazard on the carpet. If it were a wood/laminate floor, I would definitely be concerned about slipping. Neat to know that there is a name for them.

Who cares one way or the other. Much more important things to worry about. :confused::confused::confused:

Well my goodness. I thought the was a public board where I could voice my opinion. Of course there are other things to worry about. It isn't a big deal but I do find them annoying and a waste of time. Also, I was responding to someone that thought maybe they'd gone away. Please RJB, please continue to be confused, confused, confused.

Nope. On Nautica now and find the damn things every evening

WE had to ask the stewardess to not leave them & she had to OK it with her supervisor but they were not left after we made the request except when she was on auto pilot during turn down service ;)

Very interesting thread. We embark a week from today on the Marina, and I am looking forward to using my scendiletto. As I recall from my year in Italy many decades ago, letto means bed and scendi is from the verb scendare, which I think means "to descend" or "to get down". Well, I'll have to google it.

Are the slippers disposable? (Hope so - wouldn't want to reuse someone's slippers). And, do all staterooms have them? Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Very interesting thread. We embark a week from today on the Marina, and I am looking forward to using my scendiletto. As I recall from my year in Italy many decades ago, letto means bed and scendi is from the verb scendare, which I think means "to descend" or "to get down". Well, I'll have to google it.

Are the slippers disposable? (Hope so - wouldn't want to reuse someone's slippers). And, do all staterooms have them? Thx!

Sent from my iPad using Forums

When you trip over the mat you may think differently ;)

The slippers are yours to keep no one else will be wearing them unless you let them

While on Riviera in 2014 I was woken by my cabin phone ringing at 2.30am and rushed to get the phone only to find I had just missed the call. Approx 15mins later the phone rang again and on attempting to answer the call I slipped on this stupid mat Lyn speaks of. I had to have 2 lots of acupuncture on my lower back to be able to fly back to Australia and also 2 massages.

I advised both of the housekeeping attendants of my fall the morning after it happened and asked them never to put them down again. I had a call from the Reception to see if I was ok about 3 days after it happened.

I suggested they might like to waive the cost of the treatments due to these stupid mats but even my 2 visits to the ships Doctor had to be paid for.:mad:

On our Regatta cruise in April this year with Lyn & DH ...what happened the first night - down went the mat again and when I asked to speak to the senior of our 2 housekeeping attendants, who we had not seen during embarkation, she remembered my fall from 2 years ago and we never seen those stupid mats again. We have had her on 4-5 of our Riviera cruises.

I send in an online request 3-4 weeks prior to each cruise now requesting they not be used. Funny thing is except for this Regatta cruise this year my last 8-9cruises have been on Riviera and I have never had these mats on Riviera again.

I spoke to soon:o, they were there last night.:p

Just ask to speak to the head of housekeeping (she is very nice) & ask if they can just not put them in your cabin

It is a waste of time for the staff to put them down & then hunt for them in the morning when people toss them where ever :D

I have very dry skin. Sitting on the bed I use skin lotion. Dh hates it, but what can he do? :rolleyes: Anyway, my feet on the 'placemat' don't cream the carpet. :) It's only for a minute or two.

My good lady is exactly the same.

As Cruseforme indicates, Oceania are providing another little touch of class.

My objection isn't to these things per se, just about the weight of the fabric ... which is next to nothing. Invariably the minute I step on one, it is dislodged and ends up somewhere else. So for me if they weren't quite so thin I wouldn't mind them at all.

As it is ...

Mura