Suite room service information?

I did a search and can't find any direct information.

I am debating switching to a suite for one of our upcoming cruises (on Harmony). One of the main reasons is for the special room service with a full menu. One of the people traveling with us has some medical issues which means they would prefer to be near a restroom while eating and I thought putting us all in one big suite instead of two small rooms might work better. (Currently looking at the CLS with the two bathrooms)

Basically, I am trying to decide if it's worth it to upgrade. I know all the new benefits, but there is one in particular I am trying to find more information on.

Can anyone give me any information on the full room service menu?

I basically want to know if it's worth it, is the food hot when it arrives and if there is any problem getting what was ordered? (I read some reviews of normal room service coming cold and not exactly what was ordered, but couldn't find any reviews of the suite room service) How long does it take once you make the order?

Also are there certain times this room service can be ordered and where is the menu found (since I know the main dining room changes daily)? Is it for breakfast, lunch and dinner or only dinner and what times?

Also, suite room service is free during the right hours like normal room service correct?

Any other information I forgot to ask that you might find helpful would be appreciated.

Also, specialty restaurants can't be delivered correct? Can they be "carried out"? Do you ask ahead of time before carrying out or just go there and order?

Edited by beccaseraph7

You can order from the main dining room menu and comes when ordered during the dining hours. All dishes come at one time, covered and fairly hot. We were in a grand suite on Mariner and ordered for 4 our U.S. And was amazed at the number of dishes in an entire meal for 4. Loved it and will do it again in May in our Owners suite in the Med.

We had a few orders from the suite dining menu, and will say food was hotter than we had experienced before.

We called ahead of opening times, but had the order delivered in the timeframe that the MDR was open.

So you can order before MDR is open, but it will be delivered at a time once MDR is open.

We did it for breakfast and even on formal night, lobster was hot, so was the prime Rib, the mushroom soup was extremely hot.

No issues with waiting and no items missing.

Very good experience all round

To me, dining in room from the MDR is the nicest of all of the full suite benefits. I absolutely love eating in my room and getting the same wonderful meal that those in the MDR are getting.

One thing to remember. Many of the suites do not have a full sized dining table and it can be a challenge to juggle all of the dishes on the small balcony tables. The Owner's Suites will have a full sized table...but it is indoors. The one outside is higher than the tables for other suites but still not a full sized table. Of course, you can always either eat indoors or wrangle the big table outside.

The multi-bedroom family suites have the best tables for eating big meals outdoors (or indoors, for that matter).

As the others have mentioned, the food has almost always been prompt (had a very tardy meal on the Allure in Feb in an Aqua Theater suite) and have ALWAYS been hot. Very rarely have I had missing items but you do have to ask for EVERYTHING you want such as butter, jam, water, bread, dessert etc. Don't assume that they will bring those things unless you ask for them.

Thank you everyone for your replies! Just one other question.. can you do this with breakfast as well or only dinner? I wasn't sure if the main dining room had breakfast.. we always ordered with the door flyer when we went before.

And still wondering about can you do carry out with the specialty and how you do that? (Order early or just arrive?)

Thank you! :)

Thank you everyone for your replies! Just one other question.. can you do this with breakfast as well or only dinner? I wasn't sure if the main dining room had breakfast.. we always ordered with the door flyer when we went before.

And still wondering about can you do carry out with the specialty and how you do that? (Order early or just arrive?)

You can do breakfast, lunch (on those days the MDR is open for lunch), and dinner.

any time the MDR is open you can order from the full menu. it is open for breakfast and dinner daily but lunch only on sea days.

everything comes at once so if you want to stagger courses you need to order accordingly. you can request a tablecloth as well. depending on the actual suite, however, the table may not be sufficient to hold more than 2 people or is too low to eat off of unless you are Japanese and use the coffee table as a chow table

Breakfast on the balcony is one of our major indulgences. mmmm eggs benedict.

any time the MDR is open you can order from the full menu. it is open for breakfast and dinner daily but lunch only on sea days.

everything comes at once so if you want to stagger courses you need to order accordingly. you can request a tablecloth as well. depending on the actual suite, however, the table may not be sufficient to hold more than 2 people or is too low to eat off of unless you are Japanese and use the coffee table as a chow table

Breakfast on the balcony is one of our major indulgences. mmmm eggs benedict.

The kippers are very good too:)

You can have food from Coastal Kitchen delivered to your room on Allure/ Oasis, so I am going to hazard a guess you will be able to on Harmony.

Graham, did you have to ask about this or did they tell you. Seeing as we never went to the SL we were never made aware of this as an option. Did you order from the CK and if so did you find the delivery to be faster than the "normal MDR delivery" time frame? Just curious.

Thanks,

Andrew

Edited by A&L_Ont

Also, specialty restaurants can't be delivered correct? Can they be "carried out"? Do you ask ahead of time before carrying out or just go there and order?

We have taken deserts to go and I have seen Sushi from Izumi to go on 2 different ships

But have not seen full meals togo. It wouldn't hurt to ask

No matter what, one of the things we loved about our GS, was eating meals on our balcony

Graham, did you have to ask about this or did they tell you. Seeing as we never went to the SL we were never made aware of this as an option. Did you order from the CK and if so did you find the delivery to be faster than the "normal MDR delivery" time frame? Just curious.

Thanks,

Andrew

We just asked one day, and ordered the next, was very fast and very hot

Toast was hottest I have had anywhere on land or sea

Is it the norm no idea, I had read about it on cc before we sailed, so thought we would give it a bash

Eating from the MDR in my suite is one of the things I look forward to most on our trip to Alaska! We're going on Explorer in early June, we're in the Family Suite. Does anyone have any experience with dining outdoors in Alaska during June? Is it too cold? I can eat outside comfortably in 60 degree weather, under that and I get a little cranky (though with the views I'm anticipating, I might just shut up and deal with it, especially with some free red wine :p).

Also, silly question, but where do we put the plates when we're done? Outside in the hall, or do we call someone to pick them up? I know room stewards are there for our comfort, but I don't like hassling people when I can avoid it.

Eating from the MDR in my suite is one of the things I look forward to most on our trip to Alaska! We're going on Explorer in early June, we're in the Family Suite. Does anyone have any experience with dining outdoors in Alaska during June? Is it too cold? I can eat outside comfortably in 60 degree weather, under that and I get a little cranky (though with the views I'm anticipating, I might just shut up and deal with it, especially with some free red wine :p).

Also, silly question, but where do we put the plates when we're done? Outside in the hall, or do we call someone to pick them up? I know room stewards are there for our comfort, but I don't like hassling people when I can avoid it.

Call room service to pick up the plates.

Yes...you can order MDR breakfast to be delivered to your Suite. You're not limited to what is on the Door flyer for regular Room Service. We haven't seen a MDR breakfast menu in the Suite Book in your cabin but I'm sure you could ask for one.