Only two people can use facilities in a spa suite?

suzy5565

We got an "upsell" call a few days ago....balcony to spa suite. There are three of us in the room. Carnival rep said we would have use of the spa with this suite...but now I read only TWO in a room have access. HUH? Nobody told us that. Apparently, if you want the third person to be able to use the same facilities, it will cost the regular price. I think that is deceiving. She said nothing about that, and KNEW there were three of us in the room. I guess there's nothing we can do?

Can't think of one time that the third got the same perks. I'm always the third on the reservation.

The third pax's fare is already reduced.

Edited by SadieN

This has always been the policy for Spa level rooms. You can buy a spa pass for the week for around $150.00 I believe. Not to bad considering you probably got a good deal on the upgrade.

There is also an age restriction for the spa, but cannot remember what it was...maybe 14 or 16? My daughter has cruised with us on Magic and Breeze in a spa room, and has never been eligible to use the facilities.

Enjoy the spa suite, love the facilities especially the Thalassotherapy pool! :D:D

Maybe you could call back and get your old room again. Spa rooms include only two passes, and have age restrictions. Did you specifically ask if all three people would receive passes? If so, you may have a case. Even when booking the rooms, the website says only the first two people will receive spa passes. If the upgrade was worth it to you maybe just buy the extra pass for the week.

Spa cabins have always only provided spa access to the first two passengers:

Exclusive Cloud 9 Spa amenities: Exclusive entry access to the adjacent Cloud 9 Spa facilities, upgraded in-stateroom amenities and Cloud 9 Spa Package exclusive to guests booked in Spa Accommodations. Only 1st and 2nd guests booked in Spa staterooms will receive the access and amenities; 3rd and 4th guests are not entitled to spa access and amenities.

Deceiving that you weren't expressly told that verbally when an upgrade offer was made? No, but it would have been good customer service to have done so.

A good reminder to always ask for details in writing before agreeing to any offer.

Just didn't cross my mind to ask about it. The Carnival rep didn't say much about the spa, but she did know that we were three ladies. Not saying anything is deceitful, in my opinion. I know nothing about spa rooms. I am hoping that I can at least join my friends in the spa and not use the facilities, just visit with them!

Just didn't cross my mind to ask about it. The Carnival rep didn't say much about the spa, but she did know that we were three ladies. Not saying anything is deceitful, in my opinion. I know nothing about spa rooms. I am hoping that I can at least join my friends in the spa and not use the facilities, just visit with them!

Did you all split the cost of the room evenly? If so maybe consider all splitting the cost of the spa pass so you can all enjoy it together. I think that would be a reasonable request but maybe less so if 2 paid full price and the third paid the third person rate.

I don't mean to rain on your parade, but I thought I heard or read if you are upgraded to a spa cabin you are NOT eligible to use the spa. I hope I am wrong so somebody correct me.

I believe it was an upsell, not an upgrade.

The idea of the three of you splitting the cost of the extra spa pass is a good idea. That way you can all enjoy the spa.

Hi Suzy

You wont be able to just "join" your friends. The main features of the Cloud 9 spa facilities are the steam rooms, thalassotherapy pool, sauna. This is a separate area from the main spa. When we used it they had a arm band for each of us and a key card to get into the rooms.

As others have mentioned you could just pay for the extra person for the week and split the cost. Alternatively you may just pay per day.

I have to throw out the idea that there is the possibility that one of you might not be the type that would enjoy the environment. I must say that my wife and her sister did not use the facilities enough to justify the weekly cost.

You can talk it over and go visit on embarkation day. They will give you a tour and you can decide then if it is something that appeals to all of you.

Personally I enjoyed the thalassotherapy pool mainly because it was so quiet there(never busy). For the price I don't think I would opt for it again. Don't forget you have the use of the "regular" gym, sauna, steam room, showers, and spa facilities if you don't have access to the Cloud 9 spa. The facilities available depend on the ship. So as I said check it out and decide when you are on board.

hope this helps

have a great cruise

I think you could split the cost of the Spa Pass by three, and consider it a cruise-long excursion! :)

We had a Cloud 9 Spa Balcony room on the Splendor, and I will always opt for it again on any ship that has one! It was lovely lounging in the thalassotherapy pool and seeing the snow fall on the glass ceiling our first night out of New York!

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

I will say that while it may say so in the paperwork, nothing was ever told to us when we made our reservation for three of us in a spa suite that the spa amenities only go to two of the passengers. Luckily we called in with a question and were informed at that time.

I would think that the PCCs could do a better job of verbally explaining this when they make the reservations.

I travel with two other friends and we always get a spa cabin. We just split the cost of the weekly pass among the three of us. It is well worth the expense.

We do as well. Split the cost of the cabin 3 ways and add the extra spa pass.

We love it.