Kids ordering off adult menu

Superdottie

Can kids (15 in our case) order off the adult menu? I read somewhere they can't. If so I'll have one disappointed daughter. She likes to try new foods.

Kids of any age are able to order off the adult menu, and adults can order a double off the kids menu if they wish!

ex techie

Can kids (15 in our case) order off the adult menu? I read somewhere they can't. If so I'll have one disappointed daughter. She likes to try new foods.

Don't know where you read that, but it's absolutely untrue. Anyone can order of whatever menu they wish. I've often ordered of the kid's menu.

Anyone of any age can order off any menu in the MDRs. Kids can order off the adult menu. Adults can order off the kid menu. And you can mix and match between menus--have an appetizer off one and an entree of another.

And you can have a Mickey bar even if it is not on the menu.

• 2 weeks later...

You can eat anything on a Disney cruise! One day they had ravioli as the appetizer and my little sister asked if she could have it as her entree. They brought out bowl of it and told her she could have as many helpings as she wanted lol then one day she said she wasn't craving dessert for now so our server wrapped a dessert up for her to take back to the room for later .

You can eat anything on a Disney cruise! One day they had ravioli as the appetizer and my little sister asked if she could have it as her entree. They brought out bowl of it and told her she could have as many helpings as she wanted lol then one day she said she wasn't craving dessert for now so our server wrapped a dessert up for her to take back to the room for later .

It is really unfortunate that when these really nice services are shared between others, some take it as that is what is offered.

Even when they cannot.

Like the Wonder for example. Currently she has a Noro outbreak and it has been reported as it has spread to widely to the point the CDC have become involved.

They are currently deep cleaning and will sanitize the ship under CDC inspectors before departing on her PC cruise.

All I am saying is because they did that for your sister does not mean they will do it for every Guest on every cruise.

ex techie

My 7 year old ordered his meals off the kids menu but his desserts off of the adult menu. They were happy to bring us whatever we ordered!

To be honest, I'd be surprised if a 15 year old is handed a kids menu without asking for one.

yeah I was gonna say... pretty sure I stopped ordering off the kids' menu by the time I was 12

I was on the Disney Magic cruise last week (4/24 - 5/1) and my 10 year old son ordered off the adult menu at several of the dinners. Sometimes the entire dinner, sometimes an appetizer off the adult menu and a dinner from the kids menu. It is no problem at all, the wait staff was incredible. My husband even ordered items from the kids menu, he loved those Mickey Ice cream bars! :)

Edited by cruisegirl515

I think they try to be as flexible as possible. Sailed on the Dream on 4/18 and my 24 year old orderd off the kid's menu (granted, just corn chowder!) and my 8 year old ordered escargots (and almost ate it).

To be honest, I'd be surprised if a 15 year old is handed a kids menu without asking for one.

Me, too! I had to ask for a children's menu for our 12 yr. old grand daughter so she could see what was offered. The waiter had given her the regular menu.

On a side note, DH ordered the banana split offered on the kid menu several times after that !!!:eek:;)