Alcohol carry on policy - retrieve luggage?

I just read my cruise documents, 18 days away from sailing! I noticed there is a part about their alcohol policy that they recommend you carry it on but if it's in your luggage they will hold your luggage until the ship sails and you must go retrieve your luggage from security. Has anyone had this happen? It's been a few years since I've sailed with Royal but last time I put mine in my luggage and didn't have a problem.

I just read my cruise documents, 18 days away from sailing! I noticed there is a part about their alcohol policy that they recommend you carry it on but if it's in your luggage they will hold your luggage until the ship sails and you must go retrieve your luggage from security. Has anyone had this happen? It's been a few years since I've sailed with Royal but last time I put mine in my luggage and didn't have a problem.

We have had our luggage detained for suspicious items. Happens all the time.

2 bottles of wine are now allowed by cabin and it is recommended that you put it in a carry on bag. Other alcohol is still prohibited and if that or wine is brought on in checked luggage there is a high probability it will be held by security until you respond. They will then confiscate any alcohol other than the allowed wine.

I will be sailing on the Oasis in June, solo in the cabin so does that mean I would be entitled to 2 bottles of wine (in my carry-on)?

Yes, you can have two 750 ml bottles of wine per cabin. Occupancy of the cabin doesn't matter. For a solo, it is a plus, for larger occupancy cabins, not so much.:)

I will be sailing on the Oasis in June, solo in the cabin so does that mean I would be entitled to 2 bottles of wine (in my carry-on)?

Also, Royal does not charge a corkage fee for the wine you bring on, so you can consume it anywhere on the ship, no extra charges.

Thank you for your replies. No corkage fee! Sounds good.

Your cabin steward will provide wine glasses and a corkscrew for in cabin consumption...just ask.

Edited by Ashland

we have 2 cabins and are traveling with 18 year old children.

2 bottles or 4 of wine going to be allowed??

Thanks!

PAGGS

Most likely you can carry the 4, but be prepared to have two taken from you. The rule is intended for adults and 18 year olds can't drink. It has been know to happen.

Mine was held earlier this month for alcohol....that I didn't have. I was on a drink package lol

Yes you have to go down to deck 1 and retrieve it

Most likely you can carry the 4, but be prepared to have two taken from you. The rule is intended for adults and 18 year olds can't drink. It has been know to happen.

18 year olds can drink on European cruises, so would depend on where you're sailing from.