Room Stewards

asalligo

I guess I wouldn't sail on the Splendor then.

I wouldn't advise going on the Splendor for tons of reasons, but ours actually did end up doing it twice a day halfway through the cruise after we asked. He seemed to do it happily. I doubled his tip because it meant a lot to me. He seemed fine about it.

I wouldn't advise going on the Splendor for tons of reasons, but ours actually did end up doing it twice a day halfway through the cruise after we asked. He seemed to do it happily. I doubled his tip because it meant a lot to me. He seemed fine about it.

Win/win for the cabin steward. He cleans your cabin once per day and still gets tipped what he would have gotten tipped when he did it twice so in essence he would have gotten double tipped either way.

Bill

New Norm. You can choose morning or evening service. We chose morning and much rather the once a day service.

Triumph April 21st cruise. No card no option. Morning or evening per room steward. Like I said' date=' it was no biggie to me since I prefer once a day but totally respect the fact that others prefer twice.[/quote']

Not true according to what JH has stated. Didn't he state several times that it is still twice a day if wanted, just check both on the card. :rolleyes:

I know this has been discussed on several threads but Carnival is saying that it just isn't true. Therefore, it tends to get discussed in more than one thread when it is happening.

Was she on the Dream? That is the only ship that I've heard of that is busting passengers stones. Someone needs to fix that. You should have the CHOICE of AM, PM, or BOTH.

I was on the Dream a few weeks ago and they now have the new card...morning, evening or both. We chose both and that is what we got. People need to quit stressing about this...the card has been fixed.

Not true according to what JH has stated. Didn't he state several times that it is still twice a day if wanted, just check both on the card. :rolleyes:

I know this has been discussed on several threads but Carnival is saying that it just isn't true. Therefore, it tends to get discussed in more than one thread when it is happening.

That's the problem. 6 months now, when this was first exposed, we were told it was a test, after the fact of course ( when all the let down announcements are usually pre announced that there's gonna be an announcement).

And then when we were assured it's an option, many many many returning cruisers were posting on all the active websites, as well as Cruise Critic, that this was not true.

I am still seeing returning posters stating this is still happening, while at the same time the amount of cabins covered by these individuals has been reported to be doubled.

And I have only seen the new form as an actual picture by someone holding the card, it was in fact changed, but is still missing the word both.

This is not true of Splendor. I'm not stupid and I can read. The cabin steward had a piece of paper that he had on a clipboard, not a "Comfort Card" that we were given. I specifically looked at the paper while he held it to see what it said because I was intrigued by all of the debates on here. The piece of paper clearly had check boxes that had TWO options for "cabin service"....morning or evening. The word both was not anywhere on the paper. It also had boxes at the bottom that asked about extra towels, ice, robes, etc.

There is nothing on the card/sheet that says OR. You can check and request both. It has been stated over and over on FB by JH. If your steward tells you that you have to choose one, then they are wrong and you need to go to GS or the head of housekeeping.

There is nothing on the card/sheet that says OR. You can check and request both. It has been stated over and over on FB by JH. If your steward tells you that you have to choose one, then they are wrong and you need to go to GS or the head of housekeeping.

We should have to. Why can't they fix the problem?

6 ships, 6 calls to the person in charge of housekeeping, and then those 6 reinforce the process on their ships, with a meeting of some other method. Why would it still be an issue?

Edited by MCFTJCH2V

We should have to. Why can't they fix the problem?

6 ships, 6 calls to the person in charge of housekeeping, and then those 6 reinforce the process on their ships, with a meeting of some other method. Why would it still be an issue?

I agree with you there. The problem has supposedly been addressed with the Dream since it seemed that ship had the most issues. I don't think anyone has posted an actual picture of a card with both on it. The only thing floating around is the .pdf showing both. I will be happy when I see an actual picture of the card showing it is now being used. That way the stewards who are "confused" will no longer be that way.

Either way, I have to say I find it distressing that a steward would not let someone know they can choose both and then telling the passenger how many cabins they have to clean to try and get you to only have one. This is something you take up with your employer, not the customer. How would you feel going into any store or restaurant and having the wait staff or check out clerks telling you how much work they have to do and could you please bag your own purchases or get your own refills? With a land-based business people would be appalled and yet they have no problem with a steward on a ship telling them this in order to do less work.

Some will say it is because they are underpaid and overworked. Again, this is something you take up with your employer, not the customer.

I was on the Dream in the beginning of March. Our steward stopped us in the hall the first day and had a card in his hands and asked if we wanted morning or evening. I don't recall seeing both on there and he did not say we could have both. I didn't ask to have both either. I didn't actually get to hold the card to thoroughly inspect it, but I don't think both was on it as I saw him mark evening. When I said I wanted evening he asked if I was sure. I think once out of 7 days I had to call down to get more towels in the am for showers. Not a big deal for me if they clean once a day or twice, just like not a big deal to me you cannot carry on water or it is a dollar more now. :D

My guess is that even though in "theory" you can choose both, they are attempting to get people to just choose one. New cruisers would not know the difference possibly and choose one or the other. The fact they implemented the card in the first place tells me they are attempting to get as many to choose one time frame as possible. Why would they have implemented it in the first place if it was OK for all too choose both times? That would defeat the purpose.

I think they got a lot of backlash, hence the backpedaling. I also expect there is so much confusion and difference on the ships because the stewards have probably been told to try and get customers to choose one time frame, thus lessening their load. They may have even been told this is the direction Carnival is going, to lessen their load and decease the number of crew. Unfortunately, by not being completely honest with the customer, Carnival continues to have questions about this issue and there continues to be mis-information and there is no consistency between ships or possibly even on the same ships concerning the issue.

Now as for me, I will be satisfied with just evening service. Just wish they had been honest and forthcoming in the first place when this was rolled out. Would have saved them a lot of headaches. But, maybe they expected the headaches and don't care. Goes with the territory anytime you make a change. I suspect 5 years from now, it will be the "norm" to have service once per day. It will probably be a "perk" for higher level cruisers to get service twice per day, ;) Got to start somewhere though! :)