Anyone else bored with the Steakhouse menu?

The ice cream flavor does change daily in the steakhouse.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

It does and they have some very good ones. Unique as well. We were dining there last cruise and my daughter ordered the cheesecake which is huge and my son in law order the ice cream which comes as two small scoops (smaller than the ones served in the MDR). After placed he looked at her cheese cake and his ice cream size diff and said HEY

Oh, man, I had that exact same experience during my honeymoon...and that was back when the ice cream was limited to just the MDR flavors! My DW and I still laugh at that memory...such sad little cups of ice cream!

Oh, man, I had that exact same experience during my honeymoon...and that was back when the ice cream was limited to just the MDR flavors! My DW and I still laugh at that memory...such sad little cups of ice cream!

Wish I had a camera to snap a picture of the look on his face. Even our servers were laughing

Especially the sides and desserts?? I go at least once every cruise, and have since it was introduced as "The Supper Club" and I love the experience but I've really tired of the menu.

As a whole the menu has seen little to no change since it was introduced. One change I remember is the removal of the fan favorite porterhouse steak. If anyone remembers any others, please let me know!

I would love to see new side dishes such as potatoes au gratin, lobster macaroni and cheese, sweet potato soufflé, maybe some asparagus? And the desserts...the cheesecake is big and not much else. The chocolate sampler is great and don't want to see it go but please, some variety! Would love a bread pudding, some mousse, creme brulee, some kind of cake, anything to change it up a bit.

They change the Chef's Table all the time. Why not the Steakhouse?

I agree about the cheesecake and sides, no reason not to expand the menu a little! Love the steak and lobster though.

I love the beef carpaccio and usually the lamb. However, the lamb on the Conquest is really hit and miss and the last 2 times a miss. I now order the cowboy steak. However, there is really nothing on the dessert menu that I want to order or can order. The sides are okay, I like the wasabi mashed and the creamed spinach.

tigercat

I'd like to see them switch it up with the appitizers, sides, & desserts. We always make a trip to the steakhouse, at least once per cruise. I was just telling DH I'm a bit bored with the menu. I rotate a few statehouse at home, we visits one almost every month, and I haven't tired of their menus yet. A little more variety would do well on board.

I cant claim to be bored with the menu, since I have never gone to the steakhouse on my cruises. The reason is; I don't like meat much. I am not a vegetarian, but about 4oz meat is all I can manage in a given meal. So my dilemma with the steakhouse is; I don't want to spend 35.00 on a meal where I will most likely leave most of the meat on the plate uneaten. And wasting food to me is a big issue. I hate to waste or throw food away.

What I would like to see is maybe an option of a 20.00 cost where you can order soups, salads, appetizers (minus the meat mains). Then I might consider going to the steakhouse, but 35.00 dollars for a salad and a soup and dessert for me is a waste of money. JMHO. Glad that there is this option for those who love it though.

We only cruise once a year, and we've only been to the steakhouse twice. We've got reservations for the steakhouse on our upcoming cruise. Bored with the menu? Maybe in another ten years, but not yet.

Where is the "Like" button! Exactly my sentiments, we do not get to cruise more than once/year if that. I do agree with some as the chocolates, et al. have not changed. However, our last cruise was 2013, thus looking forward to the "Steakhouse"! Cheers to those who have the options of cruising often, therefore, I can see the concern. Sure add new options to menu, but as some have said, if it ain't broken. . . . .

(K.I.S.S.) Keep it simple Simon.

Counting the evenings!

I would like to have a dessert without milk, cream or ice cream. We are tired of ordering the apple tart without the ice cream. The one time that we asked the chef for a dessert without milk products, we got chocolate melting cake. OK....

We go to the steakhouse each cruise and, we do like it. I agree with the comments about dessert. I actually do not care for the chocolate sampler. I'm thinking about ordering the apple one next time. I love apple pie and ice cream, so, that might be a good choice. Anyone ever had it? I love the appetizers, crab cake and lobster bisque are delicious (and, I live in Maryland, so, I know a good crab cake). I think the salads could use a change. I've gotten the tomato and mozzarella one in the past, and it was just too much mozzarella and tomatoes. I think this time I'm going to go for the spinach.

I think the appetizers, sides and desserts could use a bit of a refresh. Not necessarily removing or changing everything; they must know what is the least ordered items and they could replace them with something a little more currently trendy. Same with the sides - wasabi mashed potatoes are a prior trend, lobster mac n cheese is more current, as would be a sweet potato dish. Desserts could use a bit of an overhaul - change up the chocolate sampler, replace the apple dish with a different fruit dish, and even change the flavour profile of the cheesecake.

Agreed they could use some change.

A nice real NY cheesecake to replace what they are selling now would be awesome.

YES it is! One of my favorites :D

Has anyone been offered anything but Chilean Sea Bass for the "Grilled Fillet Of Fish From the Market"???

Valor cruise out of San Juan 1/2015 it was a yellow fin tuna if I recall correctly, but all the other times we did it was the sea bass.