Princess Australia- Sea Princess World Cruise 2016

I wish some of that middle east hot weather would drift up to Scotland...I just checked and when we arrive this Friday it's going to be a heady 17 degrees - cooler than Perth...and we moan about mere 19's here!

I was going to say you did not take the camel thought the drive thou :p

I rode the camel to where we were having lunch .... I laughed when I rode the camel across the Zebra Crossing LOL..... there was a group of crew somewhere near by who spotted me.... the next day at breakfast they all came up to me asking me if I enjoyed my ride LOL

Yes I nice hot day at Petra and or the wadi rum..

last time we opted for a walking tour of Aqaba... that is where I got to ride camel out the front of McDonald's.....

Perfect. Nice clean loos afterwards to clean up after camel ride. :D

Transiting the Suez canal brings back 2 memories... Hot Hot Hot... and Flies Flies Flies

I agree, having been through the Suez a couple of times, nothing great about transiting the Suez IMO. Give me ye olde Panama Canal anytime !!

I agree, having been through the Suez a couple of times, nothing great about transiting the Suez IMO. Give me ye olde Panama Canal anytime !!

Quite agree, the Panama is much more interesting...should see some advancement on the new locks but don't think they are open yet...still waiting!

Quite agree, the Panama is much more interesting...should see some advancement on the new locks but don't think they are open yet...still waiting!

I will check it out in November, when in ye olde Panama Canal on Island Princess.

ShowImage.aspx?i=243831

We have been under this bridge 3 times and have only ever seen a couple of cars crossing. Apparently there is an expensive toll and the locals tend to use the car ferries/punts which are placed in more convenient places along the Canal.

The ship is heading West and on the left there are built up areas and greenery. On the right hand side it is mainly desert with one or two armed soldiers standing under small shade sails every few hundred metres.

Edited by joll

Started trial runs with ships this last week :)

Some great webcam shots posted...looks much the same as 2010 WC...now let's see how the Panama project is this time around...and our bags are packed and off to Bonnie Scotland tomorrow for a bit before joining the SP 09 July...hope there are a few spots left for the 'incomers'...I know how territorial these long time cruisers become!

Some great webcam shots posted...looks much the same as 2010 WC...now let's see how the Panama project is this time around...and our bags are packed and off to Bonnie Scotland tomorrow for a bit before joining the SP 09 July...hope there are a few spots left for the 'incomers'...I know how territorial these long time cruisers become!

Bon Voyage. Where are you joining the ship?

In the meantime, enjoy Bonnie Scotland.