Princess Australia- Sea Princess World Cruise 2016

I agree, one big promo for Princess. All too much for me. I want to hear about their life on board, tucker, entertainment, crew, laundry rage, sun lounge rage, buffet rage, the important stuff !!

Since Princess has given the cruise to her as a freebie, she can't very well turn around and say anything that might be construed as negative - at least not until the end of the cruise. :rolleyes:

I agree, one big promo for Princess. All too much for me. I want to hear about their life on board, tucker, entertainment, crew, laundry rage, sun lounge rage, buffet rage, the important stuff !!

Bring back Andy. All is forgiven. I wanna hear about cold brekkies. :D:D:D:D

Edited by icat2000

Since Princess has given the cruise to her as a freebie, she can't very well turn around and say anything that might be construed as negative - at least not until the end of the cruise. :rolleyes:

It doesn't have to be negative. But she could at least make it somewhat personable.

As they were in Fremantle today I rang my friends who are on the Sea Princess to see how they were and they were fine. They said there was some movement but they quite liked being rocked to sleep at night so no problem for them. I fear others will feel differently.

They did say that 5 days without being able to disembark was a bit of a nuisance to which I inquired, how are you going to cope with 12!Luckily they play Bridge so I guess there will be a lot of rubbers between Fremantle and Dubai!

cheers

Stu

Didn't they know the itinerary would include that many sea days.? Personally, I like Sea days.:D

It doesn't have to be negative. But she could at least make it somewhat personable.

Indeed Sarah, she could enlighten us on her cabin allocation and how nice it is dining with the senior officers in Sabatinis for Brekkie and dinner, as they do. Perhaps she lunches with the Captain or ye gods a burger on deck !!

If you wonder where the senior officers get to in the evening on Princess, check out the speciality restaurants, always a few in the likes of Sabatinis, Crown Grill, Bayou etc, etc. They know where the good tucker is.

Laundry rage, sun lounge rage, and buffet rage could be construed as negative though! :;) :D

Not negative, it is real live entertainment, coming to a cruise ship near you and often better than those movies on MUTS !! Popcorn supplied LOL.

Edited by NSWP

A few years ago P & O UK were going to use the AZURA for a world cruise (starting and returning to the UK) and many had already booked but as they did not reach the expected pre-bookings, cancelled the cruise. They now use smaller ships for their WC's.

Azura was mentioned for a worldie i think 2018 but alas not to be she is now showing as booked into Sydney ports for Feb 2019 :eek::eek::eek: however that year the Aurora and Arcadia are also booked in.....can't see all 3 coming so hoping the Azura does...:D have cruised twice onboard Arcadia she is a lovely ship and hope to cruise Aurora soon .....price watching a longish sector of her next world cruise ...as we speak ;)

I don't think much of the blog and agree with Les ... in a blog I want warts and all......good, bad and indifferent..........instead of Princess handing out a freebie i would have been happy to PAY half price for the world cruise to do a 24/7 blog....guess that would have been a little "risky" for Princess not that I have ever been accused of over exaggerating in my reviewing ........bahahahahahaha....can't help it if i call it as i see it............

As for 10 days at sea, isn't there a ruling somewhere about how many days at sea pax ships are allowed to do.. thought 10 was max however could be wrong, anyway 10 days at sea for us...........bliss :cool:

it was posted on FB last night that they want compo for being late into Freo but we all know by the t&c princess dont have to give anything for change of itinerary but they may because of the 11 days at sea

Not negative, it is real live entertainment, coming to a cruise ship near you and often better than those movies on MUTS !! Popcorn supplied LOL.

Well, yes, to us. But Princess might not see it that way, which is why all sponsored blogs and travel reviews are so bland.

Didn't they know the itinerary would include that many sea days.? Personally, I like Sea days.:D

No, they are seasoned cruisers so knew how many sea days to expect. Maybe it was just the unplanned extra day at sea before Fremantle that was the issue.

I love sea days too but the longest stretch I've had has been five days so I might get a bit bored with 10 days. Hopefully one day I'll have the opportunity to find out!!!

cheers

Stu

No, they are seasoned cruisers so knew how many sea days to expect. Maybe it was just the unplanned extra day at sea before Fremantle that was the issue.

I love sea days too but the longest stretch I've had has been five days so I might get a bit bored with 10 days. Hopefully one day I'll have the opportunity to find out!!!

cheers

Stu

Same for me, the longest stretch I have had was 7 days, it was wonderful.:D

Edited by MicCanberra

it was posted on FB last night that they want compo for being late into Freo but we all know by the t&c princess dont have to give anything for change of itinerary but they may because of the 11 days at sea

I wish them luck but am somewhat disturbed that Aussies seem to have become stuck on this must have compensation for any little change in itinerary.:(

We did 9 days or was it 10... When we did the round Europe cruise in 2013.... Thanks to all the civil unrest we headed up towards the suez.... Missed both our Egypt ports... Told no worries we will take you to Ashdod... O oh.. Too risky...... Everyday our route would change ... We were a ship without a port .... And then one day the captain announced WE ARE GOING TO CRETE.... yay.... We finally got off the ship.... What you don't realise that there are crew members down below who don't get to see the light of day in situations like that

I think the disappointment is due to a combination of missed port/ports with too many sea days.

I noticed a change in passenger dynamics after 5 sea days on a TA, as well as a missed port, Bermuda. When I spoke with staff, they said they were aware that 5 sea days was a tipping point for some.

We did 9 days or was it 10... When we did the round Europe cruise in 2013.... Thanks to all the civil unrest we headed up towards the suez.... Missed both our Egypt ports... Told no worries we will take you to Ashdod... O oh.. Too risky...... Everyday our route would change ... We were a ship without a port .... And then one day the captain announced WE ARE GOING TO CRETE.... yay.... We finally got off the ship.... What you don't realise that there are crew members down below who don't get to see the light of day in situations like that

I remember that and what a wonderful time you had in Crete.

I think the disappointment is due to a combination of missed port/ports with too many sea days.

Yes, disappointment is understandable.

However, I don't think weather issues such as this warrant compensation.

It appears the Captain and his bridge team did a good job keeping them safe and as comfortable as possible.

It would have been a busy couple of days for them.

By the way, parts of Colombo were under water last week; the worst flooding in 25 years.

Over 90 have died, many in landslides just north of the city.

Who knows what touring the area would have been like.

Yes, disappointment is understandable.

However, I don't think weather issues such as this warrant compensation.

It appears the Captain and his bridge team did a good job keeping them safe and as comfortable as possible.

It would have been a busy couple of days for them.

By the way, parts of Colombo were under water last week; the worst flooding in 25 years.

Over 90 have died, many in landslides just north of the city.

Who knows what touring the area would have been like.

Good points, I agree.

OK so I know I'm lazy as I could have scrolled back through this thread and found the answer BUT can anyone recommend 1 or 2 "good" blogs for this world cruise. Can't do a World Cruise myself but love to dream!!!

Thanks.

OK so I know I'm lazy as I could have scrolled back through this thread and found the answer BUT can anyone recommend 1 or 2 "good" blogs for this world cruise. Can't do a World Cruise myself but love to dream!!!

Thanks.

Heres 3 of them Pete..

http://www.angienpaul.com/

http://lifestylefifty.com/princess-cruises-trip-of-a-lifetime/

http://brizzy.dscloud.biz/blog/