The Ultimate Upgrade Call!

I'm going to do a booking as Tom & Cheryl. They get them all the time!

And they eat in the steakhouse every night when they do sail Carnival so CCL gets extra bucks. Or at least that's what they did when we cruised with them on Miracle in 2010 or 2011.

Edited by Sparky2

It would be nice to get the call for a free upgrade to the Owners Suite.

We didn't have a free upgrade. Sorry if I gave that impression in my previous post :o. It was an upsell and to me it was worth it to surprise my wife. :D

Edited by JimAOk1945

We had the extended balcony grand suite for 4 people too and they offered us the owners suite for $4000. We declined. We have the same room booked for this cruise on the Sensation. It would be nice to get the call for a free upgrade to the Owners Suite:D

Have a great cruise!! Looking forward to a review and pictures.

We're beginning to think it does. After some research it seems there is a pattern....??? Maybe they do this for profit reasons?? They get to book the Grand Suite again at a higher price than before. Two happy groups, Owners and Grand suite passengers plus happy stock holders. Good business. I'm a financial advisor and I like their approach. :D

• 1 month later...
Congratulations!! We were in one of them in 2011 when the Ecstasy used to cruise out of Galveston. It's funny that so many people have no idea they exist. It was our anniversary so naturally I said yes when the Upgrade Fairy called. It was worth it to see the look on my wife's face when we stepped inside that suite!

Check out my wife's slideshow on her website if you have time. It will add to your excitement when you see it!

Carnival Ecstasy's Owner's Suite

Take lots of pictures. It's a once in a lifetime experience!

Does the Owner’s Suite have a balcony that only overlooks the pool area or is there one that also overlooks the water?

I just received an upsell call to a suite because of our platinum status (PVP told me). This is for our upcoming Sunshine cruise. The price wasn't great, so I passed, but it was nice to get the call.

Does the Owner’s Suite have a balcony that only overlooks the pool area or is there one that also overlooks the water?

The balcony is on the side of the ship and overlooks the sea. It is private, and we did hear the noise from the pool area but it didn't bother us. If you stand on the far edge, you can see some of the pool deck. We used the balcony every day. Fantastic!

On my wife's slide show, you will see me coming out on the balcony. I think it is slide number 12 and second to last picture shows the location of the two Owner's Suites from the pool area view point.

I don't know how to insert pictures. Sorry!

Carnival Ecstasy Owner's Suite

Edited by JimAOk1945

Congratulations!! We were in one of them in 2011 when the Ecstasy used to cruise out of Galveston. It's funny that so many people have no idea they exist. It was our anniversary so naturally I said yes when the Upgrade Fairy called. It was worth it to see the look on my wife's face when we stepped inside that suite!

Check out my wife's slideshow on her website if you have time. It will add to your excitement when you see it!

Carnival Ecstasy's Owner's Suite

Take lots of pictures. It's a once in a lifetime experience!

After viewing your photos I would never want to leave the suite! Beautiful!

After viewing your photos I would never want to leave the suite! Beautiful!

I'm glad you had time to view my wife's pictures. Sailing in the Owner's Suite was an unbelievable experience! Very luxurious! It was very hard to get off the ship on the last day.

Have a great cruise wherever you go, It's a wonderful way to travel!

Edited by JimAOk1945

I'm glad you had time to view my wife's pictures. Sailing in the Owner's Suite was an unbelievable experience! Very luxurious! It was very hard to get off the ship on the last day.

Have a great cruise wherever you go, It's a wonderful way to travel!

Her website is very comprehensive. Thanks for the link and give her a thumbs up.

OP, did you ever do a review?

We've been in that one (well, had the tour). - it's in front of the main pool and fabulous, two rooms if I recall and large sitting area and the biggest bathroom I've ever seen at sea! The only concern I wondered about is noise from the pool late at night.

Not sure what the extra cost was but I'd pay it because it's a chance of a lifetime.

We've been in that one (well, had the tour). - it's in front of the main pool and fabulous, two rooms if I recall and large sitting area and the biggest bathroom I've ever seen at sea! The only concern I wondered about is noise from the pool late at night.

Not sure what the extra cost was but I'd pay it because it's a chance of a lifetime.

The room itself looked gorgeous. I think the only down side for us would be the life boats blocking the balcony view. We love our balcony so it would be a hard decision.

Edited by disneylover89

The room itself looked gorgeous. I think the only down side for us would be the life boats blocking the balcony view. We love our balcony so it would be a hard decision.

We had a fantastic view. I would do it again in a heartbeat.

Edited by JimAOk1945