"Cruising and Grooving" Live from Allure of the Seas!!! May 15 - 22 - 2016

We are currently on the Allure! I will eventually post my full review on our cruise webpage- pndcruisereviews.com- but for now' date=' you could take a look at my Oasis review there from 2010.

Here's some quick thoughts now:

- avoid breakfasts and dinners in the Windjammer at all costs. The food there is pretty awful at those times and it's a very small space and very congested. I have had good lunches there but I'd stick to only doing lunch there on port days or if you are amongst the first to board on Sunday. (Get an aft seat overlooking the boardwalk).

- all of the specialty restaurants are very good, but I'd lean towards Samba, Chops or Giovanni's first. 150 Central is excellent if you are willing to experiment outside the normal comfort zone. We've eaten at all this cruise! (We bought a five night specialty dining pkg- and our ta got us another free specialty dinner). I liked Izumi hibachi, but the others in my group weren't as impressed.

- we liked the boardwalk Mexican food location, Sabor for lunch and the Park Cafe roast beef sandwiches are excellent, too! Whenever possible, eat lunch and breakfast (the French toast is awesome!!!)at The American Icon on deck 3. The food is a bazillion times better there than the Windjammer, and it's less traveled.

- Dazzles is the best nightclub aboard

- Do NOT miss Mama Mia! Excellent show! Make reservations online if you haven't already. In fact, do this for all the shows as they were all great! (Headliner show is iffy, but get reservation anyway- better than standing in long lines!!!). If you have reservations, don't stand in line for shows- they are the people who didn't bother getting reservations.

- make sure to see the Comedy show!!! But if "language" offends you, maybe skip it...

- on at sea days, get up EARLY and stake your pool location! Generally the best spots are GONE by 9am but this can vary.

- spa facility is disappointing in its location and pricing. But we liked the walking jogging track on deck five (there's an entry/exit to the spa fwd) with it's funny messages.

- the Royal Promenade has cool events

- the VOOM internet is ok performance wise, but not as fast as home systems, regardless of how they tout it to be.

- the overhanging hot tubs are fantastic, but there are people who literally live in them all day (this is not something they should do, btw) so you might want to do these more on embarkation day or port days or at night. Allure always has some hot tubs and pools open 24/7.

- the Beach pool and Solarium pools are our favorites.

Hope that gives you some good tips!

Cheers, Paul[/quote']

Hi Paul

I have been doing a lot of research with this Cruise, through blog's, and Periscope.

But learned some new things from you, I did not know, like the lines for the shows. I thankfully made reservations for all the Shows.

Thank you as well for the tips about the pools and hot tubs!!!

I am very excited to go in 2 Days.

Thank You again [emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cruising on the Allure in 30 days!! It's my kids first time and we are all SOOOOO excited[emoji16][emoji16][emoji16]. Thanks for taking the time for to do this review. Gets me even more pumped!

We must be boarding as you exit - we are sailing Allure in 36 days!!! Take good care of her for us!!!

Thank You for your Service as well.

Aside my my Husband being retired Army,

I am a Navy Corpsman Veteran.[emoji4]

Thank you and your Husband for your service! Watching in Periscope and following the Blog. Have a Great cruise!!

We must be boarding as you exit - we are sailing Allure in 36 days!!! Take good care of her for us!!!

Oh we sure will!! No worries there. Not my first cruise, but first time on Allure. June 12/eastern

I am All packed!!!!!! This is what went into my Honda Accord. My husband was worried I would not be able to get it all in my car, HA, proved him wrong!!!!

I am a Navy Veteran, THIS GIRL, knows how to Pack!! And yes I am traveling heavy!!!! I like Choices!!! lol!!!

We are leaving at 6:30am in the morning, when my husband gets off his graveyard shift job, so I will be doing all the driving. It's about five hours. We should get to Ft Lauderdale, between 12:00-12:30

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app91caa13086666c6a2ea4de8853b9bab0.jpg

Edited by CruisingKat71

... We are leaving at 6:30am in the morning, when my husband gets off his graveyard shift job, so I will be doing all the driving. It's about five hours. We should get to Ft Lauderdale, between 12:00-12:30...

Safe travels, and looking forward to this unique double scope review. Maybe we should call it stereoscope!

I will actually start Periscoping Tomorrow night.

We are staying in the Hyatt on 17th st.

I will be going to Duffy's in Fort Lauderdale, to have dinner with some friends, and fellow cruisers, on the same ship.

I think Celisse will also start Periscoping as well from her very Cool place that she is Staying!!

Here is the Links to follow us on Periscope.

https://www.periscope.tv/cruisingkat

https://www.periscope.tv/celisse

Thank you everyone for following along here, and on Periscope.

This will be new to me, but will do my best to cover as much as I can.

[emoji4]

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile appf371fc53712a671340f6dd1c3bf134f5.jpgc7d76c9ab2431a57664dc4a1e66671e1.jpg27a83e60c65a581d9f45c121309275f9.jpg

Edited by CruisingKat71

Kat, I can't wait to see Allure again. Safe travels.

[emoji4]Thank You very much Andrew. I got to see her for the first time through your scopes. I am very appreciative of that, and you inspired me to want to periscope on my cruise, and share the experience with others.

You did a wonderful job covering everything. I'm not sure if I can compare to your Awesome Scopes, will do my best, as a new Scoper.

I am a fairly new cruiser, this is only my sixth cruise, and my third Royal Caribbean.

This is a Dream Cruise for me, as this will be the Largest ship I have ever been on.

Very Excited!!! Somehow I have to try to go to sleep tonight, that's going to be very difficult!!!

See you soon in my Scopes, and Celisse's Scopes.

[emoji4]Thank You very much Andrew. I got to see her for the first time through your scopes. I am very appreciative of that, and you inspired me to want to periscope on my cruise, and share the experience with others.

You did a wonderful job covering everything. I'm not sure if I can compare to your Awesome Scopes, will do my best, as a new Scoper.

I am a fairly new cruiser, this is only my sixth cruise, and my third Royal Caribbean.

This is a Dream Cruise for me, as this will be the Largest ship I have ever been on.

Very Excited!!! Somehow I have to try to go to sleep tonight, that's going to be very difficult!!!

See you soon in my Scopes, and Celisse's Scopes.

Thanks Kat.

I will share a secret with you. My Allure scopes were some of my first scopes. Just learn to block some users and all will be perfect. It can be encompassing to scope for the week and if you need it, take a break. As Bugsy said it can get tiring at the end of one week, so catch your break along the way.

You should thoroughly enjoy the ship. It can be a lot to take in, but there is a lot to enjoy. Once we hit the Oasis Class we have hardly stepped back to the others. You might get inflicted with the same fate, and there is nothing wrong with that. :)

It will be hard to sleep tonight and harder even tomorrow night. Have a blast.

Lol! Maybe we'll coordinate some activities. I know we'll both be at the M&M and Slot Pull and I want to capture some flow rider action.

Ill be at the flow rider most days should be a fun cruise with all are roll callers :)

Wooo hoooo!!!!! We are on the Road, and on our way Ft. Lauderdale!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile appb2162f3e42a120995fdb60abf0751057.jpg

A very welcome sight indeed. Have a great trip!!! As others have said, the Allure (Oasis class) have a lot to take in. Make sure you focus on having a great time and discovering all she has to offer!

[emoji7] I am HERE!!!!!!!!!!!! Hubby is getting the rest of his sleep, from working Graveyard Shift Friday night/this morning. I am relaxing from the Drive, so will scope later this afternoon/early evening.

Very nice hotel Room!!! We are staying in the Hyatt 17th st Convention Center.

07cb496887c92f7ef2fe4a8b73defe90.jpgece4ada4294c42625ecc1a1ab9396e36.jpgc8cf2cce045c28110894c9ce5b4ffc33.jpgcef80b22a5cb5cc68fdf969fe12de674.jpg6b8d20bfe28b40df78887ce49984b648.jpg

Edited by CruisingKat71