"Cruising and Grooving" Live from Allure of the Seas!!! May 15 - 22 - 2016

Looking forward to the review and both scopes. You two should scope together so we get two different angles. :)

Lol! Maybe we'll coordinate some activities. I know we'll both be at the M&M and Slot Pull and I want to capture some flow rider action.

Hello Everyone my Name is Kathy

I am very Excited to be going on a Oasis Class Ship, for the very First time.

Little Cruising history. This will be my 6th Cruise, and my 3rd on a Royal Caribbean Ship.

It was 2007 the last time I took a Royal Caribbean Cruise. I tried out a few other Cruise lines, between then, and now, and they were just ok.

When my Husband and I started looking at Cruise's for this year, I knew, it HAD to be Royal Caribbean, or nothing.

My Husband is retired Army, and runs a message Military Travel Board. Every other year the Members get together, for a Cruise.

We are hosts for this Space Available Travel Group. We have 8 other members in our Group.

Along with doing the live Blog here, I will also be Periscoping (Live Streaming Video) from the Ship.

My Periscope name is CruisingKat

http://Https://www.periscope.tv/cruisingkat

Here is the info on Periscope if you want to see what it is.

https://www.periscope.tv/#share

I look forward to sharing my Adventure with you here, with the Live Blog, and on Periscope

Thank You Everyone!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile appb132de11d74dd0e76fb39128db8507d6.jpg

Hey Kat, My husband is retired Air Force. Will have to get them together!

Hey Kat, My husband is retired Air Force. Will have to get them together!

Sounds Great!!!! He might be interested in some of the information sessions my husband will have on Space Available Travel!!!

We are going to Duffy's Sat night between 5:00 and 5:30, you guys should join us!!!!

Duffy's Sports Grill, 1804 Cordova Rd., Ft. Lauderdale.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Edited by CruisingKat71

Wanted to let you guys know, on Allure's Sail Away at 4:30 from Port Everglades, the Port Everglades Cam will be Zooming in on my 10th Deck, Portside, Balcony Cabin.

I have sent a message to the Wave hi Cam on what my Location will be.

Here is the Web Site for PTZtv's Web Cam's that stream live video.

http://www.ptztv.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app8ea07a088720c9d9c2036b2f1c5135d2.jpg

This is ONE of the Signs, I will have on my Balcony.

edfe69f196cb8cab61978d3c00c0ccb1.jpg

And this is what we will be waving in the Air!!!

205d3c51f74aeefbd8c5ab900e4c25fa.jpg

Edited by CruisingKat71

I'll be on board with you as well! Flying out Saturday morning to Fort Lauderdale. I'll be doing a review when I return. Can't wait to have a drink and relax! Maybe I'll run into you and Celisse periscoping! Enjoy yourselves!

Terry

Edited by Norway2

Wanted to let you guys know, on Allure's Sail Away at 4:30 from Port Everglades, the Port Everglades Cam will be Zooming in on my 10th Deck, Portside, Balcony Cabin.

I have sent a message to the Wave hi Cam on what my Location will be.

Here is the Web Site for PTZtv's Web Cam's that stream live video.

http://www.ptztv.com

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app8ea07a088720c9d9c2036b2f1c5135d2.jpg

This is ONE of the Signs, I will have on my Balcony.

edfe69f196cb8cab61978d3c00c0ccb1.jpg

And this is what we will be waving in the Air!!!

205d3c51f74aeefbd8c5ab900e4c25fa.jpg

Lol that's awesome, can't wait to see!

I'll be on board with you as well! Flying out Saturday morning to Fort Lauderdale. I'll be doing a review when I return. Can't wait to have a drink and relax! Maybe I'll run into you and Celisse periscoping! Enjoy yourselves!

Terry

Terry

Have you signed up for the meet and mingle get together on our Cruise? Cruise critic is the one that puts it all together.

You would need to sign up today, or tomorrow. I am not sure when the deadline is, for the cut off for signing up.

Here is the Link for the Meet and Mingle.

You will need to provide your reservation number for your cruise so they can send an invitation to your cabin.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/community/meetandmingle.cfm

I will be deck 10 port side as well next month! Connecting jr suites.

I'm pretty sure our itinerary is reversed though - with Cozumel first and Labadee last..... Odd - I'll have to check again to be sure.

Take good care of the ol girl. You'll be getting on as we're leaving. The big set of claw marks will be where they had to drag me off.

Oh My!!! [emoji15] Even more reason to book another Future Cruise on Allure then, OR Harmony????

[emoji4]

I'm so excited to try Harmony. This trip was going to originally be a Harmony cruise for us, but we had to wait for the dates with Dialysis at Sea to post and they didn't post until a few weeks ago. So Allure it is!

But I am eyeballing Harmony for November 2017, I think.

Thank You everyone for the Kind, and Supportive Comments!! [emoji4] I am very Excited to share my Adventure with all of You!! I have enjoyed reading others Live blog's, and watching the Periscoper's on this Cruise Ship, as well as other Cruise Ships. I am happy to Pay it Forward!!!

It Does help with Cruise withdraw!!! [emoji6]

I have my Carry on Ready, and Luggage tags on my bags!!!

3 More Days!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app3206e3645d505536c8eef48593a3f239.jpg99622cbd636613b486275c73025f9f49.jpg

Edited by CruisingKat71

Oh thank you for doing this. I am following. I am sailing June 12 CANNOT wait. First timer on RCL, previous 2X on Carnival.

You will notice, some differences between Carnival Cruise Lines and Royal Caribbean Cruise lines.

You are Going to Love, Love, Royal Caribbean.

I am sure, like myself, you will LOVE Allure OTS.

I have been on some Carnival Cruise Ships, and they are good, but Royal Caribbean is phenomenal!!!! You will be hooked on RCI!!!

Edited by CruisingKat71

We are currently on the Allure! I will eventually post my full review on our cruise webpage- pndcruisereviews.com- but for now, you could take a look at my Oasis review there from 2010.

Here's some quick thoughts now:

- avoid breakfasts and dinners in the Windjammer at all costs. The food there is pretty awful at those times and it's a very small space and very congested. I have had good lunches there but I'd stick to only doing lunch there on port days or if you are amongst the first to board on Sunday. (Get an aft seat overlooking the boardwalk).

- all of the specialty restaurants are very good, but I'd lean towards Samba, Chops or Giovanni's first. 150 Central is excellent if you are willing to experiment outside the normal comfort zone. We've eaten at all this cruise! (We bought a five night specialty dining pkg- and our ta got us another free specialty dinner). I liked Izumi hibachi, but the others in my group weren't as impressed.

- we liked the boardwalk Mexican food location, Sabor for lunch and the Park Cafe roast beef sandwiches are excellent, too! Whenever possible, eat lunch and breakfast (the French toast is awesome!!!)at The American Icon on deck 3. The food is a bazillion times better there than the Windjammer, and it's less traveled.

- Dazzles is the best nightclub aboard

- Do NOT miss Mama Mia! Excellent show! Make reservations online if you haven't already. In fact, do this for all the shows as they were all great! (Headliner show is iffy, but get reservation anyway- better than standing in long lines!!!). If you have reservations, don't stand in line for shows- they are the people who didn't bother getting reservations.

- make sure to see the Comedy show!!! But if "language" offends you, maybe skip it...

- on at sea days, get up EARLY and stake your pool location! Generally the best spots are GONE by 9am but this can vary.

- spa facility is disappointing in its location and pricing. But we liked the walking jogging track on deck five (there's an entry/exit to the spa fwd) with it's funny messages.

- the Royal Promenade has cool events

- the VOOM internet is ok performance wise, but not as fast as home systems, regardless of how they tout it to be.

- the overhanging hot tubs are fantastic, but there are people who literally live in them all day (this is not something they should do, btw) so you might want to do these more on embarkation day or port days or at night. Allure always has some hot tubs and pools open 24/7.

- the Beach pool and Solarium pools are our favorites.

Hope that gives you some good tips!

Cheers, Paul