Checking luggage on board

jbu

Hi all -

On our last cruise, we took advantage of the opportunity to check our luggage with our airline while still on board, and it was really great! We put the bags outside our room the night before, and didn't see them again until the next day when we landed at the airport of our final destination. It made disembarkation so easy that we're going to do that again.

However, I forget the time restraints. In order to do this, your flight can be no earlier than a certain time because they can't guarantee your bags would get to the airport on time for earlier flights. Does anyone know what that earliest time is? I believe it was 11:30 AM but I'm not sure, and I need to know so I can book my flights.

Thanks all!

Time may also be different for other ports like LAX

Agree, times may be different for other ports, but not like LAX (no EZ Check there ... sure wish there was). :)

Regardless, the EZ Check sign-up sheet is distributed to your cabin and will have the times specific to your cruise. It can also depend on just when your particular sailing docks.

Edited by beg3yrs

Hi all -

However, I forget the time restraints. In order to do this, your flight can be no earlier than a certain time because they can't guarantee your bags would get to the airport on time for earlier flights. Does anyone know what that earliest time is? I believe it was 11:30 AM but I'm not sure, and I need to know so I can book my flights.

Thanks all!

Easiest way to find out -----

Go to your Booking.

Click on EZ Air Flights.

The earliest return flight time will be shown.

Easiest way to find out -----

Go to your Booking.

Click on EZ Air Flights.

The earliest return flight time will be shown.

Not correct.

As stated above, for Ft Lauderdale sailings to use EZ Check your flights must be no earlier than 11:30 from FLL or 2:00 from MIA.

But EZ Air will allow you to book flights at least an hour sooner than those times from each airport.

Also not every voyage has EZ Check available. We had a TA end in FLL which otherwise should have been OK, however since it was the first entry for the ship into the US all crew had to go through immigration and the ensuing chaos made EZ Check unavailable.

We signed up for this service last Sept. on our return to FLL.

We met all the timeframes etc etc and upon our return to our cabin the last day we had a message to call Guest Services, turns out someone on the ship CANCELED our flights, we were told until we had flight arrangements we couldn't take advantage of the service. 13 hrs. later when we arrived in FLL I contacted Delta directly and lo and behold we were still on the flight as per there computer but not in the seats we had chosen several months ahead of time.

Guess moral of the story is, beware of what you buy and who you deal with. The 15 day cruise was great up until the last 13 hrs. I don't need the stress and I let Corporate at Princess HQ know about it.

Only certain airports and certain airlines make this service available.

Plus, the times for each airport vary and even the times for an airline may vary. I read that Southwest has a different cut off time than other airlines might have out of the same airport.

I agree... this service is worth its weight in gold. I am disheartened to hear that some cruiselines may be discontinuing this. It is so very convenient. I plan on using it in Seattle this fall as well as in Fort Lauderdale next year. Hope it is still in place by my next cruise!

Can anyone verify it is still available for Alaska Airlines out of Seatac?

Right now (13 May 2016) EZ-Check is not available out of Seattle until approximately the middle of June. This was was as of 30 April. I will check tomorrow at Pier 91 and see if there has been any change on this subject and will let you know if there is any change.

Tom

Thanks for the update.

[emoji27][emoji27] Used it in FLL. It is awesome. I wonder why the wait until mid June if sailings to Alaska start in May.

If you are referring to the "hold" on the start of the EZ-Check program, I don't believe it was set back by the cruise line, but by something at SeaTac.

Tom