CARNIVAL VISTA INAUGURAL - Sea Trek III: The Search For Pasta

We dont sail Vista until February 2018 since I really wanted a Havana Canana so Im very excited to read your review! Thank you! Cant wait to see and read more!

Edited by js

PYOB - DRAFT BEER STATIONS.....

One of the best things we discovered at the Lido Deck Marketplace was the addition of the PYOB - Pour Your Own Beer stations. These were perfect for those timeS where single glass of draft beer and at a less expensive cost.

The two options were Bud Light at $3.95 and Thirsty Frog Red for 4.00.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20133_zpse3sbn4ul.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20136_zpssoj6ha2u.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20135_zps38ijvxfr.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20134_zpsly7cqb17.jpg

CHEERS!!!

CIAO FOR NOW!!!

PORT OF CALL

Dubrovnik Croatia

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20165_zpsqn2tblmd.jpg

This was our first POC after departing from Trieste and a FS@S in between. Dubrovnik, like most of our POC's was scheduled for an early arrival so most days we were up with, or before the sun and off the gangway for some fun.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20166_zpse5igicag.jpg

We did not schedule a paid tour as we found on a previous visit that our own "self guided" tour to and through the old walled city offered more than enough to see and do. A shuttle to the town was made available, for $11.00 (roundtrip) to for those who did not wish to book a regular tour. The ride was only 5-10 minutes.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20186_zpsc0vbadqo.jpg

We have visited here once before and as I observed during that initial visit I really wasn't expecting much but was incredibly surprised with all of the old world beauty and charm that we would see and experience.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20167_zps51mh9maw.jpg

This time we were prepared to see more by slowing down and looking and seeing more with our own eyes rather than through the lens of a camera. I believe that can happen to all of us when we visit a new destination as we are usually sent off by family and friends with those enduring words "take lots of pictures." And we do and by doing so I believe that we only capture a memory contained in the real estate found in a photo rather than our own memory.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20187_zpsnoc6fkmo.jpg

One of the "odd" things we saw was a plethora of Star Wars toys and such available because as it turned out the old city had recently been the site for filming some scenes from he next installment "Episode 8 - Fall of The Resistance." There was also some "Game of Thrones" merchandise available too.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20235_zpsnoema6yr.jpg

We spent a few hours exploring the town before the weather started to turn a bit so we headed back to YOUR Carnival Vista. Our next POC was Kotor, Montenegro that was in reality just a couple of hours away by car but certainly held a much more incredible entranceway by sea as you will see next!

CIAO FOR NOW!

LIGHTS - CAMERA - APOLOGIES....

Here is a brief, perhaps a bit blurry, and muffled video that I took in Dubronik and had been posted in it's "pristine" original state from my I-Phone and onto my CCCC (fb) page.

Unfortunately along the way my I-Phone alerted me that I had run out of storage space and in order to free up space I had to delete a number of videos and such. As such in order for me to upload this to YouTube I had to record it again from the CCCC page by holding my I-Phone up to my desktop monitor.

I will be posting some additional videos along the way, some deleted and re-recorded and some that were new but not deleted.

Anyway - push play.....if you dare!

CIAO FOR NOW.....

[YOUTUBE]gSW6IAB_H4c[/YOUTUBE]

WELCOME TO KOTOR, MONTENEGRO....

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20297_zpseprcozdt.jpg

Just a few weeks prior to the sailing it was decided to bypass our scheduled call to Izmir, Turkey that was to follow a call on Athens, Greece. This was based on security concerns in the region that was supported by a warning issued by the US State Department. Most of the other seasonal cruise lines had already cancelled calls to Izmir however this last minute decision initially resulted in another FD@S however it was announced just a few days before sailing that a call on Montenegro had been secured.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20270_zpsn36inq9x.jpg

Montenegro itself is a boarder nation to Croatia and only a few short hours drive from Dubrovnik so we basically coasted the entire distance south until we reached the mouth of the Bay of Kotor that is a river-like entranceway surrounded by mountains.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20269_zpszgpfkz67.jpg

Kotor itself is a small port allowing for only one major cruise ship to port and in this case the Holland Eurodam had already secured the pier and we anchored in the bay and utilized tenders to go ashore.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20281_zps8igyksam.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20287_zpsqjcgwcoz.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20294_zpskworkqzq.jpg

Kotor itself was somewhat reminiscent of Dubrovnik and we opted to self-tour once again taking in the old town and scenery. We stayed ashore for a few hours before heading back aboard for a late lunch.

I must say that although we have previously called on Izmir, and although we appreciated a call on Montenegro in lieu of yet another FD@S, I would have preferred (if possible) to have returned to see Ephesus yet again. Our next day was our second of three FS@S.

CIAO FOR NOW!!!

Loving your review .. can't wait to read/see more! :D

CIAO FOR NOW!!!

Have you sailed with Felipe, by any chance? LOL :p

Every time you sign off your post, it reminds me of our Southern Caribbean cruise 11/2014. lol

Edited by christyran1228

Loving your review .. can't wait to read/see more! :D

Have you sailed with Felipe, by any chance? LOL :p

Every time you sign off your post, it reminds me of our Southern Caribbean cruise 11/2014. lol

Thank you and in fact I have sailed with Felipe!

KOTOR VIDEO.....KIND OF

ENORMOUS / GINORMOUS WATERWORKS SLIDES ANYONE.....

Here's a video that I made aboard YOUR Carnival Vista as we sailed into Kotor, Montenegro. I forgot to post it then probably because I was half asleep as evidenced in my mono-tone delivery.

[YOUTUBE]VPxGAifh3qI[/YOUTUBE]

THE SKYRIDE - WOW!!!

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20340_zps9zwsudjk.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20344_zpsldfgcxee.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20342_zpsohjdztal.jpg

And now another video that I had to re-record - SORRY!

[YOUTUBE]eHgdVtVd62k[/YOUTUBE]

Of course it goes without saying that you can see all of the videos I posted, in their original pristine state, on the CCCC (fb) page.

CIAO FOR NOW!!!!

Coming To Your Carnival Funships - 3.0!!!

Edited by Captain Carnival

WELCOME TO ATHENS.....

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20360_zpso8pc3hwj.png

We arrived at the Port of Piraeus (Athens) early once again and assembled just off of the gangway to meet up with our private tour group. We also arrived on a day where all of the public transit workers decided to go on strike and as a consequence the roadways leading to/from the major touring areas were filled with private vehicles along with the multitude of touring vehicle that had descended into the area.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20401_zpsnjvdarsk.jpg

The Parthenon Entrance

This would make for a bit of a traffic nightmare forcing our driver to take detour after detour just to get to the simplest of locations. Of course the main tourist destination is the Acropolis where the Parthenon draws 1000's of people into the area at virtually the same time. At the end of the day we did see as much as possible.

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20400_zpskgkhhudc.jpg

Temple Of Zeus

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20396_zpsmfgvcg5g.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20430_zpsgvsaznvc.jpg

My%20Phone%20Pics%20Videos%20From%20May%208%20410_zpshmbqxcxt.jpg

MORE PICS TO FOLLOW – CIAO FOR NOW!!

I'm not saying that having T-Shirts with a picture of yourselves on them is creepy :eek: ... but I am also not saying it is not. :D:D:D

So I guess that the next time we make a wedding anniversary t-shirt we will put someone else's photo on it.... :rolleyes:

So I guess that the next time we make a wedding anniversary t-shirt we will put someone else's photo on it.... :rolleyes:

Or maybe a picture/graphic that doesn't have real people in it. :)

Something like this:

26579878-vintage-stil-50-jubilaumskollektion-f-nfzig-jahrestag-design-im-retro-stil-vintage-aufkleber-f-r-jub.jpg

Just teasing about the shirts BTW. :p