How we made the most of Cheers on Carnival Splendor

Apologize in advance if this has been answered but, if you buy a bottle of wine at the 25% discount, does that count towards the 15 drink limit?

Why would someone with cheers want to buy a bottle when they can get that same amount already free? You can even have the same wine or try other types

Why would someone with cheers want to buy a bottle when they can get that same amount already free? You can even have the same wine or try other types

In my case, I am doing a B2B in October and would rather not leave the port in search of a bottle of wine to bring on the next cruise. So I am considering doing the CHEERS! package for part of the 1st cruise, drinking, buying the wine and taking it off the ship with me.... to take on the next ship later that day.

Not set in stone though... I could still utilize this plan without the CHEERS! package :D

Just got back from the Carnival Splendor for the 8 day Southern Caribbean itinerary. Loved the ship and the crew, nothing but nice things to say about the experience.

Thought I would share a few notes on how my wife and I felt we got the most out of Cheers while on board.

F) We noticed that once we started tipping $1 per drink (in addition to the auto gratuity ofc) we started (1) receiving increasingly generous pours by the bartenders as the trip progressed and (2) being given priority when bars were busy with MDR waits /busy comedy club nights, etc.

Now if we could just go back...

People think my DW and I are "STUPID" for tipping extra if you have pre-paid gratuity. However, this is the exact reason why we do it. For me its just about the priority service when the bars are busy, because I only drink beer for the most part (maybe 3-5 pool side fruity drinks a cruise). Now my DW benefits because she drinks mixed drinks such as; Vodka- Diet Coke/ Jim Beam-Diet Coke ect. In fact, we had a bartender making a round of "Washington Apples Shots" and when he was done pouring he was like oops:eek: I made 1 shot to many. Then he says to my DW, "Miss Lisa, I going to have to pour it down the sink, unless you just want it, it will not go on your SS card". Then he comes around the other side of the bar (our side) and grabs her arm and he twisted it so hard she had to say YES i will drink it....LoL McBoatFace is correct there are perks for tipping extra, early in the cruise.

Buying the package during the cruise, instead of beforehand... so paying a little less since I will only use for the last night or last 2 nights.

You can only buy Cheers on day 1 or 2 for the entire remaining cruise. You can’t buy for just the last night or two.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

• 3 weeks later...
Great Tips!

Does anyone have the Splendor Streakhouse wine menu (not cocktails) and hours? I think it is only open evenings after 5:30?

I am going on splendor in August

I am from Australia so we don’t have the 15% tipping system so I don’t know how it works

Does it mean if something is $10 we automatically get charged $15.50 or do we have to add it ourselves to the bill

If we get the cheers program do we get charged an extra 15% to each drink

Thankyou in advance

Cruise love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Another tip, get some $2 bills from your bank and bring those to tip with. If you frequent one area you'll get a reputation and get really good service!

I've not yet been on a cruise, but I've been using the $2 bill tipping whenever I travel for decades. It is something different and gets remembered.

I am going on splendor in August

I am from Australia so we don’t have the 15% tipping system so I don’t know how it works

Does it mean if something is $10 we automatically get charged $15.50 or do we have to add it ourselves to the bill

If we get the cheers program do we get charged an extra 15% to each drink

Thankyou in advance

Cruise love

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If you buy a 10.00 drink without having the Cheers program, your card is charged 11.50. (10.00 + 15%) If you buy the Cheers program, the 15% is added to the daily charge of the program, not each individual drink that you get. In addition, before the Splendor leaves US waters outside of Los Angeles, you will be charged California sales tax on each drink you consume from as soon as you get on board until the ship reaches international waters later that evening. This tax is on each drink individually, including those from Cheers.

I was on the Splendor the first week in March. I printed out my SnS account and I was basically 19-20 drinks per day on Sea Days and 10-12 on port days. That was obviously everything from cocktails, to coffee and Rock Star and Vitamin Water. I had 13 OH drinks one day. Never got to 15. I got good value.

I've not yet been on a cruise, but I've been using the $2 bill tipping whenever I travel for decades. It is something different and gets remembered.

I've HEARD that cruise ship staff hate $2 bills because they have difficulty spending them in some places. Could be complete bull****, but I have heard that on occasion.